OXY'S CRAZY HERO THREAD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

OXY'S CRAZY HERO THREAD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi, welcome to Oxy's crazy hero thread. This is where I'll put down on paper ANYTHING that'll pass thru my head about currently existing hero, and should the idea be good, bad, overpowered or lame, well, it goes there anyways. Text that has been underline are things that have been changed about a hero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atrius
Ashen Sandwalker
Agility
Bane

Rip
Unchanged.

Strikes From Beyond
Whenever Atrius strikes a unit, he has a 10/15/20/25/30% chance to stun that unit for 1 second.

Ashes to Ashes
Unchanged.

Sandstorm
Summons a sandstorm over a targeted area of 300/400/500, dealing 15/25/35 damage per second to enemies within the area and blinding them for 2 seconds every seconds. Lasts 9/11/13 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caliga'Err
Council Member: Blade
Agility
Bane

Haunt
Voidwalkers follow the target unit, dealing 5/10/15/20/25 magickal damage and extending burn by 1 second every second to target and nearby foes. If the main target is affected by a condition, the voidwalkers will spread the condition for its remaining duration to nearby units. If the target dies, the voidwalkers will seek a new target. Lasts 10 seconds.

Oblivion Seal
Target unit is muted and ruined for 6/7/8/9/10 seconds.

Voidwalk
Turns Caliga ethereal, reducing his physical damage by 66%, making him take 66% more magickal damage and 66% less physical damage. Drains mana when active, and increases movement speed by 20/40/60/80/100.

Tombreaver
Whenever Caliga hits with an attack, he attacks the same target for 2/3/4 more times for 50% less damage. Slowly deals physical damage to Caliga when active.

Anick Skirdge
Council Member : Blood
Strength
Bane

Devour
Anick's next succesful attack will steal 60/75/90/105/120 life from the struck unit. Steals 25% more life if struck foe was bleeding.

Blood Seeker
Anick teleports to the target point, from 600/800/1000/1200/1400 range away. This costs no life if Anick is bleeding. Causes enemies near the teleport location to begin bleeding for 5/7/9/11/13 seconds.

The Red Thirst
Unchanged.

Symphony of Blood
Unchanged.

Vela Extorah
Bone Collector
Agility
Bane

Rigor Mortis
Teleports to and destroys a corpse in target area, dealing 120/160/200/240/280 magickal to nearby foes, and making struck foes bleed for 8/12/16/20/24 seconds. Has a cooldown of 6/5/4/3/2 seconds.

Bone Prison
Creates a 60/100/140/180/220 hit points bone prison around target unit, preventing it from moving. If a piece breaks, the entire wall crumbles. Lasts 8 seconds.

Twisted Blade
Causes Vela's attack to ruin struck foes for 2/4/6/8/10 seconds. Additionally increases Vela's attack range by 50/100/150/200/250.

Transversal
Causes Vela and target unit's positions to exchange, and creates a corpse at the targeted foe's prior position as well as Vela's prior position. Has a 600/800/1000 range and a 20/15/10 seconds cooldown.

To be continued!
Last edited by Oxygen on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: OXY'S CRAZY HERO THREAD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Post by Deschain » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Small contribution...
Blind samurai guy, Arcane Swordsman that is what I'm thinking about right now :P
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:48 pm

good idea, but shouldn't this be in hero suggestions?
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:54 pm

If you would look closer, you would notice that he said "currently existing hero".

=.=
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:58 pm

gah, defeated....
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm

The synergy that Tranversal would have with Rigor Mortis is far too obvious and seems forced.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Atrius' synergy sounds VERY forced. I mean, he can't blind people by himself until he's level 6?

That's a bit ridiculous.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:29 pm

assassingao wrote:Atrius' synergy sounds VERY forced. I mean, he can't blind people by himself until he's level 6?

That's a bit ridiculous.
It opens up room for an actual non-invisible atrius build. Honestly, who leveled Sandstorm more than once? Who didn't level his Ashes to Ashes? With this, you actually get room for several builds, and a point to level sandstorm.
Phox wrote:The synergy that Tranversal would have with Rigor Mortis is far too obvious and seems forced.
Transversal already worked great on its own, though... Not so much. The corpse is only a so needed bonus by Vela. Ever realized how much rigor mortis became a horrible spell by level 15 or so? Or against someone that would stay away from all corpses? What if you transversaled someone into corpses in 1.08? Forced synergy? Bone prison someone and then transversal it? Forced synergy? You people are way too scared of so called synergy. OMG heat does bonus damage against burning, and arro can burn!!!! FORCED SYNERGYYYY

I know I do, and I know I haven't been hit by rigor in 10 games.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:35 pm

I like the idea of attack range increase, so you don't have to trans a bonewall to hit the target inside. And level 3 transversal should say 1000, not 100, if I understand it correctly.
Last edited by SetaSoujirou on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Meh.... stupid computer double posted.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Honestly, I think that non-invisible sucked, because +10 agility isn't helpful compared to the invis.

I think that, you should just remake Ashes to Ashes to something, well, better. Right now it's pure crap when nobody's blinded. (+10 agi means +10 damage and +10% attackspeed, but just that for a skill?)

On the other hand, Vela's transversal idea was kinda nice, and I wholeheartedly agreed.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:46 pm

assassingao wrote:Honestly, I think that non-invisible sucked, because +10 agility isn't helpful compared to the invis.

I think that, you should just remake Ashes to Ashes to something, well, better. Right now it's pure crap when nobody's blinded. (+10 agi means +10 damage and +10% attackspeed, but just that for a skill?)
assassingao wrote:
its also 3 armor! roar! But then, if you were to do a non invisible build, I guess you'd want to go for crippling and strikes from beyond, right? Or just put 1 point into ashes to ashes to benefit from some invisiblity, but not so much. I see so much room with this skillset
assassingao wrote:On the other hand, Vela's transversal idea was kinda nice, and I wholeheartedly agreed.
Ya, she's been needing a kick lately

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:23 pm

I've told you before, the Atrius changes just won't happen man. Sandstorm as an ultimate is just not kosher. The only way it would feel like an ultimate is if I tagged a 30s cooldown on it and made it huge and epic... But then you practically never get to use it with A2A and you're dead reliant on allies to blind enemies. As cool as forcing reliance on allies is, it'll piss the shit out of Atrius players. And Strike From Beyond without the condition requirement? Man, Atrius may as well be removed if those changes ever go through, he'd be retarded.

I already told you that OSeal and TReaver were getting the buffs you specified. Don't post them acting like you came up with those all on your lonesome. Additionally, you also jacked that Voidwalk from what I was talking about in channel. The discussion shouldn't even include his other skills, but focus on Haunt. I'm telling you man, Omnislash, it's the future. :p

Epic nerfs to Anick and epic fail bleeding on Seeker. Because it makes sense that when he comes from the sky, everything randomly bleeds. The whole awesomeness about Anick is that he is reliant on external sources of bleed. This allows me to make him a smidge imbalanced and claim it to be fair, since God knows as soon as you start bleeding and Anick's around I always go "Oh shi--." It's cooler that way. By the by, if Chriz ever does what I asked him to, SotN would be seeing a change as well.

Transversal creating a corpse? Uh, no. That's wretched, it basically screams "IM HERE TO SYNERGIZE WITH RIGOR MORTIS LOL," and that's totally not cool. Increases Vela's attack range? Why? So you can hit those cute little dudes inside of Prison? Her being ranged would be quite retarded, to be totally fair.

You need to consider how the hero plays and the elegance of a hero before suggesting stuff like this. Even if to you it sounds like it would work mechanically (And yeah, it might), it could destroy the character of a hero. I mean, Vela going ranged is about as destructive to the fact that she's an in-your-face-bounce-around hero as turning Atrius into some caster-ultimate-shit-ghoul.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I've told you before, the Atrius changes just won't happen man. Sandstorm as an ultimate is just not kosher. The only way it would feel like an ultimate is if I tagged a 30s cooldown on it and made it huge and epic... But then you practically never get to use it with A2A and you're dead reliant on allies to blind enemies. As cool as forcing reliance on allies is, it'll piss the shit out of Atrius players. And Strike From Beyond without the condition requirement? Man, Atrius may as well be removed if those changes ever go through, he'd be retarded.
I know, I still wanted to post it
Rising_Dusk wrote:I already told you that OSeal and TReaver were getting the buffs you specified. Don't post them acting like you came up with those all on your lonesome. Additionally, you also jacked that Voidwalk from what I was talking about in channel. The discussion shouldn't even include his other skills, but focus on Haunt. I'm telling you man, Omnislash, it's the future. :p
Oh, I know, but thats the way I was picturing him no matter what. There's not 50 thing that can be changed you know!
Rising_Dusk wrote:Epic nerfs to Anick and epic fail bleeding on Seeker. Because it makes sense that when he comes from the sky, everything randomly bleeds. The whole awesomeness about Anick is that he is reliant on external sources of bleed. This allows me to make him a smidge imbalanced and claim it to be fair, since God knows as soon as you start bleeding and Anick's around I always go "Oh shi--." It's cooler that way. By the by, if Chriz ever does what I asked him to, SotN would be seeing a change as well.
Actually, seeker makes sense to make people start bleeding. Hes seeking for blood, for christ's sake! And he lands next to weak little targets, they're fresh little sources of yummy blood!

Also, what change on sotn?
Rising_Dusk wrote:Transversal creating a corpse? Uh, no. That's wretched, it basically screams "IM HERE TO SYNERGIZE WITH RIGOR MORTIS LOL," and that's totally not cool. Increases Vela's attack range? Why? So you can hit those cute little dudes inside of Prison? Her being ranged would be quite retarded, to be totally fair.
Transversal could still be used without mortis, -- as it is right now, duh! And certainly, to hit people in prison. Or to make it worth investing more than one or two points... That was actually my first thought.
Rising_Dusk wrote:You need to consider how the hero plays and the elegance of a hero before suggesting stuff like this. Even if to you it sounds like it would work mechanically (And yeah, it might), it could destroy the character of a hero. I mean, Vela going ranged is about as destructive to the fact that she's an in-your-face-bounce-around hero as turning Atrius into some caster-ultimate-shit-ghoul.
I know all of this, but my first idea was to totally break doe heroes, make them leave their original shape. Some of the ideas might be interesting, but I mean, come on, haunt spreading conditions? Its not serious at all.

I told you, if I could have a doe sandbox, I'd be my dream, and all the stuff I'm writing there woud become true. Simply to mess around.

And if everything sounds overpowered, won't it balance itself out? You said that just well... today... it was well beyond midnight. Haha!

Everything here is unserious, I just want to make it wicked crude and wretched. It worked, I'm certain it got you as well as everyone else thinking. And just for that, I'll keep adding new cruded-out heroes everyday

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Oxygen wrote:I know all of this, but my first idea was to totally break doe heroes, make them leave their original shape.
That's kind of your problem. They have a shape and a character for a reason, that's their role, their style, the way they are. To change that is to change the whole of what makes a hero more than just a model with skills. There is an abstract consideration here that you're totally missing entirely, which is half of my problem.
Oxygen wrote:Or to make it worth investing more than one or two points...
Am I the only one that levels up Scorched Earth on AK to get that 10 second burn and who levels up Rake Armor on Vela to get the 10 second ruin? That's a hit and forget right there, man, ruin and they're stuck with it for 10 seconds. That's a huge buff over say, 4 seconds. Maybe it should just add attack damage too and be a ruining version of Tornne's passive.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”