Caliga's Haunt

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
GtGW
Champion Noobite

Caliga's Haunt

Post by GtGW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 am

Though it states that it does magical damage, apparently Heart of Rendabi and Imperfection have no effect on: Ruining the Target, or Procing Spell Crits on the target. It may seem minor, but I'm not sure if this is intentional or was just an after thought. Either way I just thought I'd bring it up since Caliga's spells have greatly improved, but as for strategic advances in the late game with items, it seems rather unnecessary to equip him beyond potions and some offensive items.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Caliga's Haunt

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 am

This is actually an interesting point you raise -- It deals the correct damage, but the problem stems from the fact that I currently have the ghosts as the damage sources and not Caliga. I can correct this in future versions.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:07 am

GtGW wrote:Though it states that it does magical damage, apparently Heart of Rendabi and Imperfection have no effect on: Ruining the Target, or Procing Spell Crits on the target. It may seem minor, but I'm not sure if this is intentional or was just an after thought. Either way I just thought I'd bring it up since Caliga's spells have greatly improved, but as for strategic advances in the late game with items, it seems rather unnecessary to equip him beyond potions and some offensive items.
Lol, why do you need the heart of rendabi when you have his silly mute/ruin skill?
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 am

Because maybe the Seal is on CD, and, anyway, it would help another hero who is chasing.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:This is actually an interesting point you raise -- It deals the correct damage, but the problem stems from the fact that I currently have the ghosts as the damage sources and not Caliga. I can correct this in future versions.
Wards have the same issue
GtGW wrote:Either way I just thought I'd bring it up since Caliga's spells have greatly improved, but as for strategic advances in the late game with items, it seems rather unnecessary to equip him beyond potions and some offensive items.
That's something nice you bring here; it would appear that many heroes were extremely satisfied with the new items ( such as kassar, he has so much choice now that you can't fill his inventory ) while other, such as caliga, sozen or atrius were extremely embarassed at the sight of many new defensive items and almost nothing offensive. It would seem that the heroes with the least condition interraction were especially punished...

Obviously, you can pick up sanctuary or last rites or that sword, but are they anything compared to the cheap 20% attack speed, or the so valuable old rikter?
Last edited by Oxygen on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Oxygen wrote:Wards have the same issue
Now that's an issue I don't particularly care enough to work around.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 am

Why the hell should wards be changed by items?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:01 am

It's not the why that bugs me, it's just that I'd like, have to seriously redo Stille to get that to work. I don't know if I'm that motivated. xD

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:01 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's not the why that bugs me, it's just that I'd like, have to seriously redo Stille to get that to work. I don't know if I'm that motivated. xD
Oh please, you were talking about motivation sooner today ( well yesterday... but it was past midnight... ) about aotz, and you're not willing to help the most awesomely cool hero around a bit?!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Well, the reason is because it wouldn't look as good. Triggered chain lightning looks like shit compared to the WC3 rendered ones, so he'd actually have to look less pretty in order to fix this issue.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Can't you just make the chain lightning deal minor (like 1 damage) damage and trigger the rest of it?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Without some round-about method, you can't really isolate the specific damage dealt by the chain lightning. You'd have to make it its own dummy unit or something, and God knows that's silly. Plus, it would fire things like HoR twice and so forth.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:49 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Without some round-about method, you can't really isolate the specific damage dealt by the chain lightning. You'd have to make it its own dummy unit or something, and God knows that's silly. Plus, it would fire things like HoR twice and so forth.
Spirit Link and Check for buffs?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 am

Spirit Link doesn't chain like chain lightning.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:18 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Spirit Link doesn't chain like chain lightning.
It has no primary/secondary/whatever-ary target, right?

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”