And yet another review

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: And yet another review

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:57 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:I am disinterested in your ad hominem approach to discourse, but if you insist on this manner of speaking I will respond in kind. If I could not "remotely see the potential of a totally different strategy" I would not be saying that there are dozens of builds that work in dozens of different situations for dozens of different people. Simply by virtue of calling me narrow minded in your own words you've negated your own argument as I've been preaching variety and versatility in item build designs from the beginning. That's unfortunate.

Now if you'd like to explain your point of view rather than argue incessantly for no valid reason, you're welcome to.
Yeah, not sure what you were trying to say Oxygen, there have been plenty of times where Dusk has said something along the lines of, "Well I take [Skill X] for one level and then [Skill Y] and [Skill Z] and his/her ultimate up until the end. Or I can just swap [Skill X] and [Skill Y] during level progression for fun," which usually goes against typical builds for most of the heroes. Now I don't feel like directly quoting Dusk on that, but I know that he has said something similar at least two times in my memory of posting here.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:06 am

Please, don't feed the fire or whatever. It's okay, I get frustrated with myself at times too. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Please, don't feed the fire or whatever. It's okay, I get frustrated with myself at times too. :p
HAHAHA DUSK OMG! I was talking in third person about myself, not about you XD My point was, I was narrow minded because everything had been so good for me up to now. I'm just all confused these days.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Sometimes you confuse even me, Oxy. I've got to admit, that last paragraph I typed in this thread was pretty awesome, though.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh lol, to me it was pretty clear oxy was referring to himself when he was mentionning the ''elite player'' thingy. Heh remembers me when we used to own AoM >_>

There are some heroes where i get skills differently. Latelly i've been playing lots of innert.

If the opponents are melee, I get aura first, most likelly followed by ghost and shism. I put all spells at level 1. If my opponents have heroes that dmg me a lot, I'll level spirit, else i'll level shism. I rarelly level aura first. And I fail at using blank :P

Blitzkrieger
Champion Noobite

Post by Blitzkrieger » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Each player really has his/her own play style, thats the magic of freedom. whether it is the most logical/damaging/effective really doesn't matter as long as your still having fun with it.

And I just learned what ad hominem was.....woot?
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."- Dylan Thomas

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”