Dagurnott

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Dagurnott

Post by Beat_Down_ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am

Okay this is just a suggestion but would it not be better if Dagurnott had say a 33% chance to distribute conditions with his cleave rather than 100%. I mean, if your melee and trying to take down Dagurnott your pretty much just going to get knocked down, again and again and again if you try to hurt him. Hes hard enough to take down as it is. I'm not saying change the cleave 100% damage though that should stay, just not constant condition distribution. Hes abit fiercesome at the minute against anyone who isnt say 300 out of his range.
Tomorrows a brand new day,
so take from right now, all you need
Tomorrows a brand new start
it's a shame that, I'm happy with today

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Dagurnott

Post by Flameboy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:44 pm

I agree, I don't think I need to explain why

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:59 pm

I disagree. Giving it a chance to apply conditions when he already has such a low base attack speed is simply ridiculous. He is 100% fine as is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Post by Beat_Down_ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm

I'v never seen him have any problems whatsoever getting a condition off despite his low attack speed. And its not like one cant simply stack attack speed boosting items on him.

At the moment the second he gets Firebrand? he becomes nigh on unstoppable.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 pm

Meh, I dunno. I find that early game it's hard enough to kill any enemy who knows what they're doing with him as it is. Hit+Run and Kite tactics rip him to shreds.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:06 pm

I think that his ulti should just give the condition on the attacked unit, not the cleaved units.

Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Post by Beat_Down_ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Meh, I dunno. I find that early game it's hard enough to kill any enemy who knows what they're doing with him as it is. Hit+Run and Kite tactics rip him to shreds.
Yeah, early on that is the case but later on he becomes pretty much unstoppable.

Especially if hes laning with Malth D:

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:37 pm

Beat_Down_ wrote:
Yeah, early on that is the case but later on he becomes pretty much unstoppable.

Especially if hes laning with Malth D:
Yeah, with caut and his aoe's.

Psiclone
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Anyone touches Dag in 1.09b and I will feed them their own intestines. I <3 Dag.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:52 pm

My response to the first post is a resounding no. The best way to deal with Dagurnott is from afar, that's simply how he is, and if players on the order cannot adjust for that then they deserve to lose to him. It's too bad that some melee heroes don't do well against him, especially considering that he is a skulking behemoth. Not every hero is good against every hero, and I hope that isn't new to you or something.
Beat_Down_ wrote:And its not like one cant simply stack attack speed boosting items on him.
Obviously, but then they can't stack armor or life regeneration or get more mana or get other cool items like Earthbinder for his knockdown. That's the whole point of item builds, with them you can augment specific aspects of the heroes in whichever way you please... But you can't get 'em all.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:54 am

Best hero ever, just felt like piping in. I had the most fun I've had in ages with him just now.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 am

Agreed. And Beat, <3 you too. That game was HILARIOUS. 3v1 Dag at Fountain ftw. And they thought they could KILL me. Pshah. But... Malth+Dag was just nasty. It took so much for them to hurt me even a little, late game... I always had 2 conditions, and so 45% physical resist, then -12 dmg... And gaining life/mana for conditions. And, yes, there is NO reason not to stack AS as to dmg items, as AS gives 10% of Dag's total dmg, then with diminishing returns, but still a great deal larger than 4. This adds about 14 dmg high level. And Firebrand adds a bit less than 30. Rikter's Damnation is soooo not at all helpful with him. :D

Being able to go afk in the middle of a lane, and kill 2 creep waves before you die to enemy heroes, is simply hilarious.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:06 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Best hero ever, just felt like piping in. I had the most fun I've had in ages with him just now.
Quoted for truth here. First time I played Dag I was simply brimming with the feeling of power and invulnerablity he has. ITo much fun for words really lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 am

Daryll-The-Damned wrote:
Rising_Dusk wrote:Best hero ever, just felt like piping in. I had the most fun I've had in ages with him just now.
Quoted for truth here. First time I played Dag I was simply brimming with the feeling of power and invulnerablity he has. ITo much fun for words really lol.
Yes, tanking four heros (Parhelios, Tristan, Glyphe, and Rose) all of them with their ults on me is awesome.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 pm

And overpowered

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”