Maltheron's Cauterize is still imbalanced

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Maltheron's Cauterize is still imbalanced

Post by UnholySouls » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 pm

I played Malth two times in row, he is invulnerable unless he gets muted by Parhelios :P

The problem with the "target gets healed for twice as much if suffering from a cond" is the fact that cauterize itself causes a cond: burn. So the first heal will be weak, then the other ones insane. Three heals and most heroes are fully healed.

So these two suggestions are potable:
Either make Cauterize heal for twice as much if the target is suffering from two conditions.
Or make it heal for twice as much if the target is suffering from any condition but burn.

The current cauterize simply emphasizes on spamming it to gain the x2 effect once the first 4 sec burn is on.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Maltheron's Cauterize is still imbalanced

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:51 pm

I've annihilated him so many times that I attribute this to either your being skilled with the hero or your opponents failing. His inability to remove conditions (And heal the same amount as before), makes him quite fair.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I've annihilated him so many times that I attribute this to either your being skilled with the hero....
It's Souls....me with Tornne on a good day is him with every hero....
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:51 pm

The current cauterize simply emphasizes on spamming it to gain the x2 effect once the first 4 sec burn is on.
I'm pretty sure this is how dusk intended it to work, and even with the 2x effect, it heals only as much as it did in 1.08b, without the crazy condition purging.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Post by UnholySouls » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Well Maltheron is the best healer from Bane, and also the best "crowd-controller" of Bane.

I'll try to play a few more games with / against him, but lately I've been yelled at "imba!" many times. On a sidenote people are prompt to yell when they get "denied" a kill because of a last-second-heal :P

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Maltheron's good and strong, like he should be, but with his hack and slashed life and so forth, he's very easy to deal with if you can set him up for it. He's just good in a pinch when it's 1v1 and that last cauterize saves his life or something, but past that he crumbles fairly easily.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”