It about Vela ,Extorah

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
DEMONIK-
Noobite Warrior

It about Vela ,Extorah

Post by DEMONIK- » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:39 am

In 1.08b Vela is balance , late game vela is brutal

i buy mass AS 6 , i think no one cant escape vela

Vela has Bone prison , best skill for support creeps

to attack ( range & melee ) and have rune condition and swap

But in 1.09 Vela is going down ,the Prison have change

Item for Attack speed is 8 fac . How i can buy it for 6 slot

that is impossible for 1 game that i think

Many hero of DOE have magic type skill and Bone Prison have

200 hitpoint and Armor has change to Heavy Armor but good at 8 sec all lvl

the prison can be in 3-4 sec or less than it be

Now Vela are not good at Late game , People know they run away from corps

What Vela have Bone Prison,Ruin&Many Attack Speed in late game , NO VELA NOT HAVE it now

ps I really like VELA every time i play i choose Vela ( you can ask assassingao ) but in this Ver

i dont want to play Vela . VELA just left a dust from her prison

ps2 i'm thai and not good at English if you dont understand plz assassingao will explain it to you.

SEE you in the day it VELA has rise !

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: It about Vela ,Extorah

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:59 am

First of all, the attack speed thing is still ink the basic shop. And, second of all, the eight faction attack speed enhancer that you are talking about is possible to get in one game if you are in pretty much any in-house where your or the other team does not make silly mistakes.a And, the whole point of Vela is to catch people with their pants down. Regardless of whether they run away from corpses or not, running right up to them and trying to use your ability isn't a good idea. You sneak up behind them, use Rigor Mortis, Bone Cage them, and then with the ruin start attacking them.

I've also found it kinda better when somebody else is there to attack them, since with the ruin and all...and it's also funny to TTransversal the enemy right into towers then Bone Cage them.

Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Post by Beat_Down_ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 am

I like the armor change, before at later levels you were pretty much in that thing for the whole duration unless you had some decent damage like fireball.

Now velas still the same but not able to just rape everyone in bone cage.
Tomorrows a brand new day,
so take from right now, all you need
Tomorrows a brand new start
it's a shame that, I'm happy with today

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:09 am

Beat_Down_ wrote:I like the armor change, before at later levels you were pretty much in that thing for the whole duration unless you had some decent damage like fireball.

Now velas still the same but not able to just rape everyone in bone cage.
Exactly. Before, I've always considered her "The Assist" hero. She's so good at getting assists, (Bone Cage, Bleed, Transversal) and allowing other heroes with a bigger damage output to finish them off. Now, I haven't played Vela since, maybe 1.07, but I still think she is a very good hero, and have seen people rape with her in 1.09.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 am

1. I thought the balance was in other section
2. The Attack speed item is 200 gold, not 8 faction. And its the same for all heroes ya know, if they stack up 48 faction worth of items, they'll own.
3. I really thought bone prison was overpowered, for those who didn't get it yet. Haven't had the chance to try the new one yet.
4. The whole point of rigor mortis is that its situational. Thats why you use your head and transversal your opponents on corpse (on or a pitfalled skittel, thats pretty funny too)
5. You have to understand not every hero is there to have 300 kills by the end of the game (meant to type 30 but 300 is fine I guess). Some heroes are meant to just set other heroes up. Like bone prison + sunder. Bone prison + EoD. Bone prison + Taint. Did I mention Bone prison really synergizes with so many hero?

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Flameboy wrote:1. I thought the balance was in other section
2. The Attack speed item is 200 gold, not 8 faction. And its the same for all heroes ya know, if they stack up 48 faction worth of items, they'll own.
3. I really thought bone prison was overpowered, for those who didn't get it yet. Haven't had the chance to try the new one yet.
4. The whole point of rigor mortis is that its situational. Thats why you use your head and transversal your opponents on corpse (on or a pitfalled skittel, thats pretty funny too)
5. You have to understand not every hero is there to have 300 kills by the end of the game (meant to type 30 but 300 is fine I guess). Some heroes are meant to just set other heroes up. Like bone prison + sunder. Bone prison + EoD. Bone prison + Taint. Did I mention Bone prison really synergizes with so many hero?
That's why I call her the assist hero. She synergizes with so many heroes, and has many opportunities to pop in, bone cage `em, and then let other heroes do the dirty work while she gets a couple hits in.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:29 pm

Beat_Down_ wrote:Now velas still the same but not able to just rape everyone in bone cage.
Definately. It's really easy to escape from as Tristan (just issue a move order out of the cage or attack the bones and you leave immediately).
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 am

I haven't got a chance to try her out yet, but DEMONIK- said that the bone prison was also nerfed, he cannot attack enemies within.

But I'll try her out if I got a chance to play :p.

DEMONIK-
Noobite Warrior

Post by DEMONIK- » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 am

i test it already , it can atk but sometimes it cant

i dont know why. i think

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Here's my suggestion: When the Bone Prison breaks, it extends nearby enemy units Cripple condition by 2. (on all levels)
This would add at least a bit of usefulness against heroes like Glyphe, who can break the prison in one cast, and even manage to damage Vela in the process.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Soul_Reaver wrote:Here's my suggestion: When the Bone Prison breaks, it extends nearby enemy units Cripple condition by 2. (on all levels)
This would add at least a bit of usefulness against heroes like Glyphe, who can break the prison in one cast, and even manage to damage Vela in the process.
Then it would feels like forced cripple.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Plus... With 8 of those, that's 16 second cripple....
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Even if it applies 2 seconds cripple, I will say it's imba.

1 sec cripple so someone can catch up plz.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 pm

I believe he meant extended 2 second cripple when the whole bone prison shatters, not each individual bone breaking.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:00 pm

I dunno, extended (Smaller than 1) second cripple with each bone would be a kind of fun mechanic, though. Make it so enemies around it are crippled, but the one in the center is severely crippled.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”