what happened to zuma?

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

what happened to zuma?

Post by BD423 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:24 am

no really what happened to zuma? he used to be so feared in 1.08, 400 crits + made any hero that wasnt genobee cringe, now i see him critical for 144 :o

Dusk how badly did u nerf zuma? I know losing 30 damage on zuma strike from passive isnt it, so whats to account for this DRASTIC loss in damage. I know now zuma has 2 inv slots, and while blinking bears are fun i would trade that blink in in a second to gain back the 200 or so damage he lost. I realy hope this is just a bug and u didn't nerf zuma to hell because as he is hes a non issue except for tanking.

*edit*
me and potam did some testing and it showed that while the red number would show 144 at max level zuma was actualy hitting for around 200(234 to be exact), still its a far cry from the 400 crits he was bashing out and these tests are all with the ultimate on and maxed agi items. :(

so point is whats up bug? bad code? or nerf neuter the likes this world hasnt seen before.

*another edit*
Did some more testing, now comparing 1.09 z/z to 1.08 z/z, with the 1.08 z/z using 6+4 agi items and 1.09 using 6 +2 agi items and zuma with 2 +4 damage increasers, that can acount for a bit of the damage lost but still i dun think it accounts for all of it. Also dusk i want to kno if zuma crits with the agi bonus damage or is the agi bonus damage added after the hit. would be like this (86+86)2=344 if its added before criting and (86)2=172+86=258 if added after. This is all guess work i know im not good at math just realy want to kno what happened to zuma
I swear to drunk im not god.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: what happened to zuma?

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 am

The old crit use to do (Ztera's agility +Zuma's damage)*2. This is why you could see numbers like 400 pop in. I mean, (100+100)*2 wasn't rare at all, and let's be honest, was overpowered as twink. Any caster would die to it should they be crippled or anything. Now it's "just" (Ztera's agility)*2 + Zuma's damage, and the + damage isn't shown in the crit. But what if you got a blinker on Zuma? You know what that means? Unmissable stuns now.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Does Zuma still share condition-effecting items that are on ztera?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Zuma still takes the condition boosters that ZTERA is wearing into account. This way you can fill his inventory with other, cool stuff.

Also, I really didn't nerf Zuma, but recall that Ztera lost 10 AGI and Zuma lost 10 STR due to the passive being changed. This probably amounted to some indiscriminate raping of his damage output. I'll need to test him myself and see how things work out.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:15 pm

well if he crits on only the agi damage then the tolltip should be reworded acordingly. Also note that i believe dusk took out the faction stat increasing items, this would also hurt zuma. I wont say that zuma was op before because i never had trouble killing her but u should realy look at the drastic change in her damage output.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Ztera needed some pretty damn effective micro to be effective, but, now, she seems a bit of,m say, a fly that you would swat away compared to some of the other heroes. Now, I'm not insulting what you did, but I think something needs to be changed a bit.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:54 pm

! You guys are crazy. Not only does Zuma having two inventory slots make a HUGE difference, but Symbiosis makes Ztera a tank! Seriously, 50% damage reduction at all times? Get her defensive items and certain heroes simply will not hurt you. Yes, the other 50% is taken by Big Z, but it's reduced even more when it gets to him, which is fabulous.

She's hardly ineffective - the last game I played I had fewer deaths than everyone and a hefty number of kills, to boot. I'm talking a 10-kill spree 18 minutes or so into it, in a LONG game.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah, after that game, I'm going to just sort of ignore this topic. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”