Bonz Balance

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Bonz Balance

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm

I've been asking the best players to try their hardest with Jhita, I want to really see if it's like you say and he's imbashit or if it's just that he exploits crappy players too easily.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

trendkill
Noobite Warrior

Post by trendkill » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:50 pm

I'd love to come play him in a match.. I missed the inhouse a few minutes ago, but Il'l be back much later tonight (10:00 central) and try to get into a game. I don't really LIKE playing him, but I will to show you a few of my points. I also would like to see how people counter me just so I can use that as ammunition when arguing in defense of the map's balance.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:48 pm

I used to say that when I was playing as Bane for a couple times, but Sozen utterly destroys Jhita. He eats Jhita for breakfast.

You don't even need reserves.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Jhita is just like Innert (remember those days when we considered Innert imbalanced?) in that so many people fall into his traps (I think that was already discussed regarding Innert). Ever considered blinding/muting/crippling/maiming Jhita? Now he isn't so lethal. It's that people try running away from something that can catch you and kill you. That's the point; he's a chaser. You've got to kill him quickly (an easy feat to accomplish, what with Jhita being so weak and all) and also have the means to stop him (again, easy to do, since most of the heroes on the Order can pull off one or more of those conditions mentioned above).
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:09 am

I totally agree with Greenspawn. Jhita is less rigged, as he is frustrating and easy to play as. This doesn't mean I appreciate his presence and don't think he should be tweaked ;3
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:45 am

He's just supa easy to play. Point. Click. Right click autocast. GoGoGo 400 auto-hit ultimate.

Easy to demolish nubs.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 am

Jhita gets owned by a good Tristan too, simply use the blinking mute attack and then passive teleport away into your ward radius. Rinse and repeat until Jhita has low hp and then ult him. Or ult him first and then start attacking, Jhita can't do shit against blind. :roll:

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am

ReDSeX wrote:He's just supa easy to play. Point. Click. Right click autocast. GoGoGo 400 auto-hit ultimate.
That seems to be the general consensus currently. I may have to do something about that. Or something.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Also, his first skill is simply horrible. At least in my experience, it's more dps to simply keep attacking, and less mana. By the time the spell reaches the enemy, the Ruin from the Explosive Arrows is gone most of the time anyway. Perhaps changing that would make him less a point-click, because as-is, he simply doesn't have any incentive to USE his first skill.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Unless he's preparing to demolish a push, then it would be helpful to have all enemies be ruined.

Don't get me wrong, though, I think his first skill is still an issue in that I would NEVER pick it as a first skill. It does absolutely nothing on it's own.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:10 pm

No, see, it doesn't even cause massive amounts of ruin. What it does is cause more miniexplosions if ruined enemies are nearby.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:51 pm

I played jihta yesterday, for the first time.
It was fun killing both Arro AND janise and running away alive.
Melees heroes can't do shit against him early, he just harasses you with +40 dmg. Sure, he only hits 6-33, but that can do 73 dmg on level one. Kinda hurt. Btw, i don't know if its +40 or +30 or what, but I'll use +40 to make ti sound more imba >_>

So yea, I was owning vinnam pretty much too. He was kassar. Sure crippling yourself against jihta isn't the best idea. Jihta is also pretty quick, making in near impossible for any hero beside rose to catch him. Most crippling spells are dogeable. Jihta is great at dodging spells.

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 pm

*Shrug* Never had any problems killing Jhita, myself.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:53 pm

Flameboy wrote:I played jihta yesterday, for the first time.
It was fun killing both Arro AND janise and running away alive.
Melees heroes can't do shit against him early, he just harasses you with +40 dmg. Sure, he only hits 6-33, but that can do 73 dmg on level one. Kinda hurt. Btw, i don't know if its +40 or +30 or what, but I'll use +40 to make ti sound more imba >_>

So yea, I was owning vinnam pretty much too. He was kassar. Sure crippling yourself against jihta isn't the best idea. Jihta is also pretty quick, making in near impossible for any hero beside rose to catch him. Most crippling spells are dogeable. Jihta is great at dodging spells.
... I recall you crying about imba-ness, and you mention him being imbalanced once in two paragraphs. But really, he is a pure hero killer, and nothing else, so killing with him shouldn't be an accomplishment.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:28 pm

He can't push very well against a good player, I know because I tried.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”