Bonz Balance

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
RayMkII
Noobite Warrior

Bonz Balance

Post by RayMkII » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:43 am

Not gonna lie, I love Bonz in this map. He's friggin' ridiculous. Every time you attack a huge explosion occurs? Who doesn't love explosions? I've been hearing from a lot of people that he's OP as all twink. I've even had some hosts start banning him due to his ability to molest almost every hero using nothing but 4 or 5 auto shots. Activate his Ult? Forget about it. You're done.

Just thought I'd make a thread about this dude since I haven't read anything thus far on him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Bonz Balance

Post by Phox » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:12 am

Yeah there have been a few Jhita is imba posts. It seems like he would be just looking at his moves, but I haven't had a chance to try him in multiplayer myself, so I'm not speaking from real experience.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 am

It's funny, so far I haven't had any problems with him. I'll have to try him or something.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:29 am

i feel i have to chime in my 2 cents, so far i havnt realy had any problems with jhita, i usualy am on order right now just because they seem to have mroe new stuff. Jhita has real good damage but i dun find him to hard to kill with most order heros. I havnt played jhita myself yet but some are telling me hes all auto atk and kill and homing damage. Hopefully if he is he sees some aim givin to him in further versions.
I swear to drunk im not god.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:55 am

He is not hard to kill, but he kills (very) easily considering the first, second and fourth skill combined.

Leprikhan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Leprikhan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:09 am

I would say he's very fun to play and I think that his output of damage is reasonable, just not the time that he can keep it up. I think his skills could use a bit of a mana increase. 18 mana for easily 150 damage-80 AoE + Ruin is kinda ridiculous. Also, his ult is point-click-bam from pretty long range. And it's 400 damage. Seems a bit much to me.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 am

I do agree with Lep, and had actually piped up his mana costs for the 'b' version rightfully ten minutes into the first game of .09 I played.

Nevrus
Noobite Warrior

Post by Nevrus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Okay, let's do some math here on why Jhita should have both En Fuego and his exploding arrows nerfed. *cracks fingers*

Let's calculate the effects of one of his attacks at level 18. Let's say he hits for 50 damage to start this out.

Because of his passive of En Fuego, his attack inflicts a six second burn. That's an extra 120 damage. Ouch, but not quite killing.

Wait, let's add in his 80 damage from the exploding arrow.

That's 250 damage with an auto attack, assuming you wait six seconds for the burn to finish.

For 18 mana, he gains an extra 80 damage. That bonus is better than the damage increase of most ultimates, and definitely much more mana managable.

But wait, for NO mana he gets a bonus 20% movement speed, which allows him to escape most repercussions for his actions. You can't kill what you can't catch.

My solution? Halve it all. Make his burn last 3 seconds at level 5, and give him a 10% movement speed. Make his exploding arrows do an extra 40 damage, and make them each cost ~40 mana at level 5 so he can't sustain it easily.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Okay, I'm convinced, just had a game where he 4-shot poor max level Sozen. :'(

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Yes, nerf pl0x. But don't touch Dag else I eat your family >.>

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:11 pm

What about making explosive arrows deal minor damage to the target and more to those around, that way he still keeps damage potential its just a bit indirect.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:12 pm

That would be better, and would take a bit more skill than basically one shotting somebody.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Lol. I just had a game where I was tornne, and we had a leaver Jhita. all i had to do was flip on Wheel of Plagues, hit with taint, then have jhita finish the target off. (Wheel of Plagues added a nice 80 damage on every hit from explosive arrows and en fuego)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Yea, because as it is, Jhita is kinda...easy to play. Attack attack attack, run if threatened, attack attack attack, ultimate if they run, again run if threatened.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:16 pm

And he has so much twinking ms as it is, imagine what he would be with boots >.>

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”