OMG WIERD GLITCH!

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

OMG WIERD GLITCH!

Post by Psiclone » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm

SO I downloaded the map Pyritie's Adventures just for kicks here. Pyritie's adventures features its own voices and such. Then, when I got bored with it and played DoE, I selected Stille, and...OMG! He had Pyritie's voice! Luckily, I fixed it by deleting the map and restarting WC3, but I just wanted to send out a warning. And just out of curiosity, why did it do that?
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: OMG WIERD GLITCH!

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Apparently this "Pyritie's Map" replaced the troll witchdoctor soundset with some custom one via imports, and this sort of thing isn't reloaded until you finish your next game. This is not a problem with DoE, but rather with WC3's MPQ injection methods. The obvious solution as you found out is to restart Wc3.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Also, when I played NotD aftermath, then continued on DoE. When I hired a brigand, there'll be "marine voice" instead of the usual brigand voice. (Marine: "Seems quiet enough.")

Probably the same reason.

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:16 pm

same thing with the "revenge of the n*ggers" map. the black guys replace the hydra soundset. sometimes when you click the balck guys, it still does a hydra hiss. then, playing doe, i hired a pair of hydras and they both went "sup n*gga" when i clicked the hire button. i laughed pretty hard becuase its a unique custom soundset for the black guys and i wasnt expecting it during doe.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:13 am

For future reference, any recurring bug that happens in warcraft 3 for no apparent reason such as missing textures or disconnections; simply restart warcraft 3 to solve those problems.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 pm

A simple restart of whatever usually solves this stuff.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:19 pm

I've gotten that. It's hilarious, and interesting to hear in a very sophisticated map such as DoE.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”