REDRUM TRENNI

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: REDRUM TRENNI

Post by Rectifier » Mon May 19, 2008 11:37 pm

His dismission does do a little too much damage per proc but everything else seems to be in balance, I have no problems killing Innert or killing with him.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 am

As a Tornne, turn on the Contagion and run in while he's casting schism.

Or better yet, let him use Spirit Burn on you, and epidemic yourself.

Or better choice, play as Vertejaune and deceive his spirit of siphoning.

If he warps in, he will be burnt.

God the possibilities are endless, I love DoE.

Mr_Poppykins
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mr_Poppykins » Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 pm

As Innert, lane against a Genobee and see how much fun you'll have. Suddenly, your spirits are activated when he wants them to be and you'll take 320 damage every time for it(unless your move speed is amped, and your reaction time is flawless).

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm

yeah, Innert is bad ass, and is the easiest hero to pwn n00bs, but with a group of good Bane players, he gets destroyed REALLY easily...
Vela vs Innert :D hirarious win
Genobee vs Innert :D
Malth vs Innert...
Tornne vs Innert
the list goes on and on.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue May 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Steve wrote:I personally don't really like Innert, but eh, that might change with the detonate function being on Innert rather than the spirit.
YES!
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

Vela vs Innert = Innert with full health ;P

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon May 26, 2008 9:49 am

I don't particularly like Innert, just not my style. Vert is my fave, I love walking right up to SSSSSSOOOOOoZzZzZZZEEEENNN while he has mirage on and denying him a hit, than stunning him and letting creeps attack him.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:41 am

As an example of why I love Innert, I just went 39-28-1 with him. 70k gold and 60 faction by the end of it... Against a bunch of noobs, but still...
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 pm

How can you be proud of hoarding 70k gold and 60F? That basically screams "I'm a shitty player!" as far as I'm concerned.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Because I was using it as fast as the game would let me. I was getting something like 2k gold a kill.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:12 pm

And you can spend 2600g and 3F on one base alone for one push... I've tested, you can easily expend 15k gold in 2 waves.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:04 pm

I don't know if you guys realized, but his name's Innert. And he's especially strong against... non-moving targets. Ooo, revelation!!1

Now, the hero's strong point : Can only be killed by smart players.
The hero's weak point : Will be killed by smart players.

Schism: Detonation feels slow, damage feels low, mana cost feels high, and silences yourself. Obviously, all these points are moot when the ultimate is activated. Has good range, though, and is great for protecting base, raping a wave, towers, stupid stubborn melee heroes, etc. Whatever isn't moving. Is it useful? Sometimes...

Spirit Bun ( nom nom ): Wild usage of the spell will screw you against good players. Cool usage will save you, always. Is it useful? Sure!

Dissmission aura: Learn and forget. I usually pick that spell first and it totally rapes the first creep waves. It constantly applies conditions on nearby enemies, and so, blank will ALWAYS grant you that 50% damage reduction. Yey. Pretty overpowered at the start, but leveling this skill is totally lame. I don't feel like spending a point for what, 5 damage. Hell, even Kassar's retarded Fassat gains more dam-- o wait. It doesn't, and I'm not a fan of that spell at all. Huh uh... mm... there are probably different variables that could also increase as we level it... range, perhaps...

Blank: 50% damage reduction for a period of time + schism spam. Great for towers, great for not dieying, except, spirit burn already does that pretty well. Oh well. You turn into a tankaster, yey'. Feels a bit blank,... har har. But then again, the order's team doesn't need another area nuking spell... oh wait... that's what it is, with schism. Damnit.

Oh, and yea, if you don't pick schism, doesn't it feel a bit weird? Guess the 50% dam reduction is still there but mmm...

To cum it up: I've never really enjoyed Innert. I guess that's just me, though. I play hero killers most of the time, and I guess that this whole ''reserved'' gameplay that he has is just too... reserved for me. Where's the offense! Maybe allow Schisms to be selectable, and detonated instantly for an extra 40 mana or so?

Also, as a response to another comment that dusk made, please, don't remplace spirit burn when its used -- make another icon instead for the detonation. Otherwise you won't be able to have 2-3 up at once and that'd really hurt him!

Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Jirinal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:35 am

detonated instantly for an extra 40 mana or so?
I dont know if Dusk likes the idea, but i played around with abilitys and made Traps that you can activate by simply using the autocast ability of a spell.
So you can place the trap with leftclick and activate it with rightclick.

Dusk probably know of that feature already but hey maybe not and i was able to help^^

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Yeah...Oxy, try not to write up a giant post when you're drunk mmk...

So far as I can tell, Innert is essentially a defensive type hero. All his moves focus on attacking from a position of strength. In other word's, unless people are stupid, it'd be very hard to just walk up and own people with him (unlike kassar and Sozen)

However this isn't to say he's underpowered at all. As I said above, he is strongest from a position of strength, where he has a few spirits set up and can clearly control what path the enemy must take to reach him/their objective.

Honestly, I enjoy Innert quite alot, especially when people are dumb and attack when I'm ready for them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Oxygen wrote:Oh, and yea, if you don't pick schism, doesn't it feel a bit weird? Guess the 50% dam reduction is still there but mmm...
I actually use it more for the damage reduction than the Mute immunity. To be fair, I don't ever get Schism until I have to, so I guess you'd say I play the very Innert that you claim is boring and stupid. Huh.

What you've totally missed is his ability to drive opponents. If you place a schism well, suddenly enemies LEAVE the area if they've any sense about them. A 6 second area of effect mute is not weak in the least, as a matter of fact it is the most destructive mute in the game and I love nailing enemies with it. In that same light, all of his skills force enemies to move, and he controls where they move with spirit burn/schism. I don't learn level 1 of dismission aura alone because God damned the difference between level 1 and level 5 is dealing virtually no damage to dealing double Cloudburst Aura's DPS. In 1.09 it also does not extend ruin anymore, but rather simply inflicts it for 2/2/3/3/4 seconds, promoting leveling it more. Range would be cheesy, since God knows the last thing he needs is a 800 range aura of ruin.

Innert is quite frankly the most enjoyable hero for me to play on the Order because I love the attitude of taking everyone on in a battle of finesse. Screw massive damage, massively destructive heroes, I like the small guy that packs the big punch and keeps going by the skin of his teeth based on how awesome the player is. I love taking on 4 players and just getting in the zone and weaving in and out, spirit burn dodging Sunders left and right and shit. You can predict as much as you want, but with enough spirits you control the flow of combat, and that control turns me on big time.

So yeah, hate all you want on his skills, maybe he's not the best designed hero ever, but if that's true, then I can't imagine why I and a few others here find him so fun.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”