REDRUM TRENNI

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: REDRUM TRENNI

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Rather, Contagion renders Innert pretty inert on its own. :lol:
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Thinking about it, Contagion + Sin of Wrath = 20 seconds of all conditions. I guess I had just never realized that before.

But yeah, I'd hesitate to use Schism if Tornne was around

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Phox wrote:Thinking about it, Contagion + Sin of Wrath = 20 seconds of all conditions. I guess I had just never realized that before.

But yeah, I'd hesitate to use Schism if Tornne was around
If the bonus damage never killed innert first. I always liked Contagion + Sin of Wrath combo, it's pretty damned easy to kill everyone with that, even Kassar.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Do conditions only activate his ult when they are applied, or for every second he is afflicted?

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:Do conditions only activate his ult when they are applied, or for every second he is afflicted?
Only when applied.

Otherwise bleed would feel like hell.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:41 pm

But sometime that help
Skittle webs proc it so fast, its unbelievable.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Webstrider only applies cripple once a second.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:32 pm

If only Kassy could fight Glyphe eh?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Pigger wrote:If only Kassy could fight Glyphe eh?
its fun against genobee's ult and bugs out

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:43 pm

Are you sure about webstriders, cuz i'm pretty sure there were lots of waves comming out of kassar. But Maybe I was being attacked at the same time. Nevertheless, Kassar is an incredible counter to skittel.

But the topic was about Innert heh...I've played him yesterday. And I can't see how hes not fun. I liked looping through ghost when I had 20 hp left so much. And you know when you're about to get forced back in ennemy base cuz u have a ghost there but you want to put one farther and as soon as u teleport, re-teleport. Then you mass click the skill and you're like ''PLZ MAKE A GHOST'' Intense moment indeed. Put the ult is kinda boring. Sure its strong and powerful, but boring. So is the aura. Personnal opinion. I don't really notice the aura actually, but according to people, its good.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 am

Aura is good, but I agree about the ultimate. Usefull and stuff, but feels meh.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:48 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Yeah, Innert needs a makeover a bit, I know. :/

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 am

Flameboy wrote:Are you sure about webstriders, cuz i'm pretty sure there were lots of waves comming out of kassar. But Maybe I was being attacked at the same time. Nevertheless, Kassar is an incredible counter to skittel.
He might have been using his Mutilate attack, too ( which means +2 conditions every second or so ) and in addition to the web, yeah, you'll have a shitload of wind coming out of kassar's ass

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 am

I'd like to approach the whole "He's boring" issue from a different side, though. Consider that I designed Innert to play as a whole, a combination of skills, one being with 4 different possible ways to do something. Imagine Stille's communion if you considered it without wards or Extinction? It'd be kind of random and terrible, but once you mix it in a bit with him as a whole it fits perfectly. Innert works in a similar fashion.

Consider that he has the only AOE mute application in the game. That's a huge plus, you can say that about him and no one else. Not to mention it has a 4s cooldown with the self-mute or a 1s cooldown without it. The ultimate for me works with him as a whole similarly to how Rose' ult works with her. If you removed Rose' other two actives from the mix, her ultimate would only be moderately useful, it wouldn't give you huge damage with crossfire and tons of other faults.

Similarly, Innert's ultimate combines so flawlessly with who he is and to me it's one of the funnest in the games. When I cast it, I find myself screaming in all chat "COME ON, I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON" and it becomes a whirlwind of spirits and lightning storms that even the greatest of ganks has a hard time coping with. That is really fun, not boring at all. Just like you can waste Rose ultimate on creeps, you can blow Innert's Blank on some stupid cases and it'll suck and feel lame, but if used correctly it feels freakin' sweet.

Maybe I'm one of the few that appreciates hero design as a whole and that's why I like some heroes you all don't, but come on.

UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Post by UnholySouls » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:18 am

After that last post I felt like trying Innert ( know, I know... I had never played him :S)

I just got ganked by three heroes, turned the ult on, killed two of them and made the last one run away :)

Innert's hero design is amazingly interesting to play.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”