My opinionlol

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: My opinionlol

Post by snakehawk37 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Related to just Anick as a hero:
I do not understand why people are complaining about him. He can like 3 hit 1/3 of the order heros at max level assuming they are bleeding. And if you think killing heros does not help win pushes, you are insane. Take Stille for example, he can easily stop a push with his wards. However, factor Anick blinking in and killing Stille => push succeeds. You are complaining that he can not take on glyphe without his ulti...Why should ONE hero be able to take on ANY hero at ANY time? He already has like the highest DPS once someone is bleeding.

I think Irish said it pretty well:
Well, by the time you've gotten 21 kills and 7 assists, you've reached the point where the other team is hesitant to come out of base, and you've severly crippled their income. Just thought I'd get that in...

Really, between the extra gold and faction, Anick can help any team win.

Why aren't people complaining about like Sozen or Rikter or something.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Because Sozen is actually balanced.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Rikter, too.

Well, I think he is. >_>
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Because Anick cannot hero kill as well as Caliga, Rikter or Skittel, and cannot either push as well as they do. Its simply the way he was made, though. He's a skill notch above them all.

But my question here is, why would you want Anick over Caliga or Rikter? Rikter has a nasty cripple + aoe + ability to one shot kill, Caliga has these nasty ghosts + damage + permamute.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:57 pm

snakehawk37 wrote:Related to just Anick as a hero:
I do not understand why people are complaining about him. He can like 3 hit 1/3 of the order heros at max level assuming they are bleeding. And if you think killing heros does not help win pushes, you are insane. Take Stille for example, he can easily stop a push with his wards. However, factor Anick blinking in and killing Stille => push succeeds. You are complaining that he can not take on glyphe without his ulti...Why should ONE hero be able to take on ANY hero at ANY time? He already has like the highest DPS once someone is bleeding.

I think Irish said it pretty well:
Well, by the time you've gotten 21 kills and 7 assists, you've reached the point where the other team is hesitant to come out of base, and you've severly crippled their income. Just thought I'd get that in...

Really, between the extra gold and faction, Anick can help any team win.

Why aren't people complaining about like Sozen or Rikter or something.

Greetings, thank you for your opinion, please realize that people ARENT complaining about anick, they just think there are some things that could be done to improve him
Remember these are opinions, you may point out alot of things I am already aware of, but havent thought to cover here
Dusk, your statement is really good, but you gotta realize, yes killing people might make them hesitant

Not me, with a good team that wouldnt happen 21 -7 kills, and even then it probably wouldnt deter them
Moot point I know, but as someone pointed out it opens the way to pushers, wanna bet?
What if you have no pushers? I've killed stille and guess what? Someone else comes along and outpushes us anyway, its kinda like hiring on AotZ a bird to push but the enemy team kills it so fast it did SQUAT

Kinda see my point?
4 rikter's
Thats hard for most people to accomplish dusk, you would have to do ALOOOOT of hero killing, and against smart people that isnt easy with anick

However, judging by the fact you said thats the case, I assume someone has done it
People don't understand that it isn't typical life steal
Never knew that, thought it behaved like vampiric aura but doubled on bleed and restricted to anick

So basically your saying his passive is like an uber lifestealing version of vela's armor rake? because it ignores damage? xD

Thats just plain evil, I'm revising my opinions on how good his passive is now rofl

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:26 am

Someone else comes along and outpushes us anyway, its kinda like hiring on AotZ a bird to push but the enemy team kills it so fast it did SQUAT
Well if someone else from your team came along and killed that someone else that came along to outpush you, you would've solved your own problem. :p
But my question here is, why would you want Anick over Caliga or Rikter? Rikter has a nasty cripple + aoe + ability to one shot kill, Caliga has these nasty ghosts + damage + permamute.
And Anick just went 20~ and 2 last game how, then? Even in a game of all pros, Anick seems to stand above them all. How can you explain months upon months of me seeing Anick destroy with your logic that he fails comparatively to so many other heroes? Honestly, dude.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:07 am

Merlin wrote:While we're on the topic of Anick, my understanding of his Blood Seeker ability is that it uses his death animation, right? Could you conceivably script the entire thing? Bats, levitation, and all?

I have an aesthetic idea that requires that everything be customizable, so here it goes. Keep the first part of the ability looking the same. He rises into the air, spins, and explodes into bats.

Instead of reversing this where he reappears, make the bats fly to the targeted location at a very fast speed, but in a pretty arc (similar to Blade Wind), whereupon Anick quickly reconstitutes himself as they reach the location. For a more dramatic effect, Anick should be able to move before all the bats have reached the location, so that if the player chooses to move, the bats will continue to slam into Anick's body as he moves around. Obviously, I'm not talking hundreds of bats, but maybe a dozen or two--whatever looks good. The process of getting Anick from point A to B should remain unchanged, it's only an aesthetic change. You could also toy around with ribbon and particle emitters on the bats, for even more effect. Oh, and not all the bats would move at together, or at exactly the same speed. Some would depart from point A a little quicker than others, etc.
I really like this idea =)

Personally the only problems I have with Anick are that he's melee (>_> thats my problem, not a problem with the game) and the fact that you cant control him for a second or two after he uses seeker... When you have 3 secs of delay, it means you could even run back at the person who is chasing you/run away from the person your chasing... Is there any way that you could atleast implement that bit of Merlin's idea - that like Exuro, after you give him the blink command he's still controllable?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:46 am

I made the pictuarz.

Obviously the timers aren't exactly the speed I have in mind, but I think you get the idea.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:42 am

I'll see what I can do, although honestly I'm not sure it'll look as cool in-game as it does in your mind. >_<

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJavk65Pg1k

this is what merlin's suggestion reminds me of. :D
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote: And Anick just went 20~ and 2 last game how, then? Even in a game of all pros, Anick seems to stand above them all. How can you explain months upon months of me seeing Anick destroy with your logic that he fails comparatively to so many other heroes? Honestly, dude.
I play Anick, Rikter and Caliga with equally good skills. While it is possible to produce great killing scores with each of them, one of these really stand out as for lack of deep utility

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm

That's a valid point, I suppose. We'll see what results from this.

UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Post by UnholySouls » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Although it's true than Anick lacks other utility than single-unit-destroying, while you compare him with say, Caliga, who can slightly help pushing and can defend more easily against numerous foes if you're good at using Unseen Horror, Anick, on the other hand, usually kills way faster than Caliga, and is more unnoticed when doing so (or swift/quick). While you may have a hard time catching Caliga in Ethereal, you might simply not realize that Anick w/ Symphony blinked right beside your intel heroes, killed 1-2 of 'em, and reblinked to safety.

Caliga usually has to focus on one hero at a time, and sometimes it might even lead to a pursuit as far as the other's player's fountain, while Anick on-ult might even get 2-3 kills at once in these horrific 30 seconds :)

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:00 pm

After hearing that I am so playing Anick more

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Whats a good build for Anick? I played him once and failed with him.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”