Caliga

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Caliga

Post by 2-P » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Will have a limited internet access from tomorrow on so I rather post it now before I forget it. I thought of a few tweaks for every ability, let me know what you think. ^^

Haunt
  • Target AoE
    Sends out a ghost at every enemy unit in the target AoE, every ghost deals X magickal damage.
    (Lower CD and far lower damage than current Haunt.
O Seal
  • Target unit is muted and attracts nearby ghosts. Lasts X seconds.
VW
  • Increases MS by X and turns etheral. Cali takes 50% physical and 200% magickal damage during VW.
Tombreaver
  • X (high) life degen and Y extra attacks. Attacks ruin Cali and the target.
So Haunt a bit more spammable and has a slightly better aoe control. Ruin moved from OS to Tombreaver. I like how you could use VW to "nullify" the ruin on Cali (at the cost of extra magickal damage).
Was not a fan of the strength penalty during VW, since it lowers his attack damage and imo he should be able to hit as hard as possible in both forms!
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:04 am

I really don't like the idea of Caliga becoming some hyper wide-range AOE damager with that haunt. Also, the chasing of the ghosts to the OSealed unit seems kind of tacky and forced, it just feels a bit weird. (Even though similar things work for other heroes) I really think that Caliga should fit into the same kind of niche that Tristan does. Virtually/no crowd control and total single target harassment/annihilation. Caliga, naturally, is more about singling out and totally annihilating a single hero from a crowd than Tristan.

I don't really like the attacks ruining stuff on Tombreaver. That's really where OSeal should play into his role. He picks a target and messes them up with the ult. I was actually thinking of making him lose life on attack equal to 25% of the damage dealt with every attack. That way you'd really have to burst attack stuff instead of just constantly losing life with it active.
2-P wrote:Was not a fan of the strength penalty during VW, since it lowers his attack damage and imo he should be able to hit as hard as possible in both forms!
Yeah. :/
I don't like him being less useful either during VW, but the nature of VW is a bit too crux to his chasing for it to not penalize him somehow. It's definitely tough. Him taking 200% damage in Voidwalk from magickal is a lot. Maybe that kind of weakness really is what's necessary to balance it out. Make him more susceptible to damage instead of weakening his attack. I guess..

Hrm.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 am

Have you totally ruled out the idea of perfect ethereal-ness during VW?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 am

What the heck does "perfect ethereal-ness" even mean?

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 am

Immunity to physical damage and inability to attack - the original wc3 ethereal, minus the loss of movement speed.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 am

Perhaps Magic Damage stuns him for .50 if hes ethereal?
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 am

Rising_Dusk wrote: I was actually thinking of making him lose life on attack equal to 25% of the damage dealt with every attack. That way you'd really have to burst attack stuff instead of just constantly losing life with it active.
Hm, without a constant life drain? I don't like how cali could just keep the ult active all the time if he takes only damage when he attacks.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Well he could do that, but I mean, he would take a substantial amount of damage. 25% of his attacks applies to his secondary hits from multi-attacking, so I mean, you might not want to just leave it on at all times. The bleeder would ameliorate 15% of that, but still, he'd take hits.

Your solution wouldn't really fix that either. (Ruin on attack) Dunno.

Separation
Noobite Warrior

Post by Separation » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Perhaps Magic Damage stuns him for .50 if hes ethereal?
That would be silly... Discharge, Heat, Kassar, Upheaval etc. etc. would all just permastun him (or come close to it).

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

ehro kontest plez!

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”