Arro Kree

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Arro Kree

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:03 am

So, okay, I've been playing some of the older heroes. A lot of them are great, like Glyphe, Stille, Rose, etc. However, I find myself completely befuddled by AK. I find that he lacks genuine condition interaction, barely gains anything from burn anymore, and doesn't do anything but burn stuff.

I was thinking:
Level 1 Skill:
Heat
  • Passive.
    Deals X damage per second to nearby foes. Increases the damage of any burn you inflict by Y%.
Stuff like that.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Arro Kree

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:02 pm

How would it - if it would - stack with the 8 faction item that already does the same?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 pm

It'd stack, sure.

paper tree
Champion Noobite

Post by paper tree » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Just gonna go on a spew for random ideas

have first active cuz burning units to exploding dealing a minor AoE damage

passive after standing near AK for X seconds burning units(not sure how you would word this) catch fire dealing + Y dps to them and nearby units

passive-wildfire enemies that are burning and standing near each other have a X% chance each second spread burning condition to nearby non-burning units

Wall of Fire-keep the burn, but add a effect that burning units who are in the fire for X seconds gain a "third degree burn" debuff that increases damage taken by Y seconds.

just a few things off the top of my head

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:31 pm

These may be too strange, and not really beyond the whole burning things thing, but:

Fireball's damage is increased for every burning unit near it while it travels/explodes.
Scorched Earth purges a condition from allies walking through it (and them being unable to rinse and repeat too quickly)

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:55 am

Papertree, I think you missed the prep course in conditions, which is to say that "Third Degree Burn", or "On Fire" don't really work, as they'd just be another name for Burn...

As to what he could do, as all he does is "Burn Stuff", we could work with that, eh? We know that Burn is magick damage, and everything else he does is magick, so we could make him deal more damage the more burn there is on targets, like so:

Heat
Extends Burn on nearby enemy units by X seconds per second (X ~ 1 + some small amount?), and any burning unit takes Y% additional Magickal damage for every second of Burn they suffer.

Modify Fireball and SE to extend Burn as well, and you've got a fun, massive damaging threat from both over-burning and from Kree's spells.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 am

You don't think that's too... Evairnophet?

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 am

Conjure Heat

Sends an orb of fire which deal magickal damage to surrounding enemy units within AoE. Damage increases if they are suffering from burn.

Lasts X second and spammy. Damage being about the same as Heat.
The Orb stacks and does not costs mana, but there can be max of 3 orbs at the same time. Orbs are classified as unit, thus has it's own life.

(Play Kree's Attack Animation then the "Orb" comes out, simulating the movements of the projectile.)

Or #2.

Sends an orb of fire which latches to the target unit, causing it to deal damage to itself and enemy surrounding units.
Orb lasts X seconds. If the enemies are burning, orb will deals more damage and have it's life prolonged by X second for every second of burn.

Take that Maltheron.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 am

Assassingao wrote:Sends an orb of fire which...
Stopped reading there (Not really). "Orb of fire" is just "no," though.

I don't want to change his spells, I want to make them interact better and play funner. He's one of the oldest heroes, I really, really, really do not want to totally remake him. (And just won't)

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 am

Perhaps Scorched Earth extends all conditions on enemies caught in it for X% of their burn duration? as well as burn them?
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:36 am

I think we need to approach this from a "what is AK's style" perspective and then try to find adjustments that fit that.. I don't think SE extending all conditions even makes sense considering what the spell is and does.

UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Post by UnholySouls » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:39 am

What about a passive that inflicts some condition whenever an enemy suffers burn duration for X seconds consecutively from AK's spells?

If AK manages to keep me burning for 10 seconds in row, for example (through multiple scorched earths and maybe with a fireball), I guess at some point I'd be choking and should have a hard time to say anything at all( mute) or could hardly see through the fumes of my own body (blind) :P

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Do you want to change only the passive or do whatever you can to make him more... AK?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm

How could he do more? He was never designed to go up close to his enemies in the first place.

The spell could be more useful if it was put on Dagurnott, or just anyone else that is not Kree.

I feel that he can do nothing more...when his spells are in cooldown. Other than attacking like a creep. Unlike Parhelios, who has shiny bouncy projectiles. Then there's Glyphe who could mute. Then there's Stille which is spammy in his style. Even Evairnophet, with spells that actually deals more damage and uses less mana AND spammy.

Kree is totally a lackluster if two of his spells are used. Then he can only Shatters the skies which god knows it's only useful for sieging unless the enemy is braindead (or creeps).

None of these spells support going up close.
Last edited by assassingao on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Cooldood wrote:Do you want to change only the passive or do whatever you can to make him more... AK?
I am open to all suggestions, but as one of the oldest heroes in DoE I don't want suggestions that result in total role/gameplay/style shifts.
UnholySouls wrote:What about a passive that inflicts some condition whenever an enemy suffers burn duration for X seconds consecutively from AK's spells?

If AK manages to keep me burning for 10 seconds in row, for example (through multiple scorched earths and maybe with a fireball), I guess at some point I'd be choking and should have a hard time to say anything at all( mute) or could hardly see through the fumes of my own body (blind)
The possibility is certainly there, but how could it be done without feeling forced or totally out of place? You can make the argument of muting/blinding fire, but does it really make sense? Does it help him further his role? Is it something he should have? Things like that I am not so sure about.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”