Jhita

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Jhita

Post by Oxygen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 am

pandamanar wrote:Why not have it build up for like... half a second or a second and form a fireball, and then gains speed as it goes, so it kind of has to be sniped... or at least not shotgun'd.
Because a channeling time would be alien to jhita's style

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:25 am

TheDeathstalker wrote:2-p, first off, epic sig/avatar scheme, I like.
Thanks, Reiuzi ftw. ^^
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

Oxygen wrote:
pandamanar wrote:Why not have it build up for like... half a second or a second and form a fireball, and then gains speed as it goes, so it kind of has to be sniped... or at least not shotgun'd.
Because a channeling time would be alien to jhita's style
I read that as a delayed TTFAF, without channeling.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

Not really a huge fan of the targeting of boat, never was. It especially doesn't work for a fireball or on Jhita, I can't actually see that looking cool or logical at all. I was chatting with Hep a bit and I think right now I best like this implementation. It fixes the melee problem, and visually I can make the spell look cooler and still even keep the heat-seekerness of it all.
Oxygen wrote:heatdeath
Target takes X magic damage whenever they suffer from a condition, and 2X magic damage whenever they suffer from burn. Some duration.
Not sure if a target unit Wheel of Plagues is really the effect I'm after. Also, I'm probably going to make it AOE damage and make it untyped so that it can't factor items at all. May make it do some raw DPS on its own so you could still get it at L1. Still debating here a bit.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:21 pm

The problem with making heatdeath only work from burn as opposed to all conditions +bonus burn is that it feels somewhat forced, and as you said, useless on level 1. What I don't like from having it deal damage over time or so is that it feels out of his playstyle.. I always pictured him as the bane's fahren, very here and there bursty spike damage kill or die. So maybe the debuff type heatdeath isn't the way to go at all, though I don't have any ideas for now.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 pm

That's kind of the role I want, yes, but at the same time I want him to be more long-range and less capable in melee. They're not quite the same, they just need to dance with fire in kind of the same way.
Oxygen wrote:The problem with making heatdeath only work from burn as opposed to all conditions +bonus burn is that it feels somewhat forced, and as you said, useless on level 1.
Either way, it'll be relatively useless at L1 without some kind of DPS.
Oxygen wrote:So maybe the debuff type heatdeath isn't the way to go at all, though I don't have any ideas for now.
Yeah. I don't really know either. :<

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:58 pm

I think the problem lies in point click explode arrows
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:16 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:I think the problem lies in point click explode arrows
And your counter offer is? (Which is to say, how would you make Jhita if not for with those arrows? How would he feel, what would he do, and most importantly, how would it be different? These are the questions that need answering more than just random supposition. Don't mean to pick on ya, as we're all guilty of it, but it seems an interesting point to discuss further.)
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:46 am

How about projectile skill that tracks burning unit, extending burn for every unit in target AoE, dealing damage to them?

Short cooldown for spammability.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 am

You should replace En Fuego with the skill that Ves made after tweaking Dota's bloodseeker's passive a bit.

Level 1 Skill:
En Fuego
  • Channeled No Target
    For every second that this is channeled, Jhita gains +X line of sight. For every burning foe within X radius of Jhita while this is active, he gains +X% movement speed.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:58 am

pandamanar wrote:You should replace En Fuego with the skill that Ves made after tweaking Dota's bloodseeker's passive a bit.

Level 1 Skill:
En Fuego
  • Channeled No Target
    For every second that this is channeled, Jhita gains +X line of sight. For every burning foe within X radius of Jhita while this is active, he gains +X% movement speed.
Quit trying to give jhita a channeled spell.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:20 pm

my first suggestion wasn't a channel. This is my first one, and its a good example of a channeled skill that would work on a chasing hero, as Ves said.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Jhita really can't work with a channeled skill. I did consider having En Fuego give movement speed based on number of burning units nearby, but then it would either be really crappy or really imbalanced. (That's kind of how MS is)

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Jhita really can't work with a channeled skill. I did consider having En Fuego give movement speed based on number of burning units nearby, but then it would either be really crappy or really imbalanced. (That's kind of how MS is)
Constant + variable, ie, 5% bonus at all time +2% per unit burning

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Why not something like:
Level 1 Skill:
En Fuego
  • Active Passive
    While active, Jhita's attacks apply (or extend) burn for X seconds. Upon deactivation, Jhita gains Y% movement speed for each burning foe.
Although that would take away from his 1v1 chasing capabilities...

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”