Dis isn't fun :(

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Dis isn't fun :(

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:49 am

Dusk wrote:This site has a foe list for a reason. It allows you to TOTALLY IGNORE A PERSON. Quaint, huh?
Very quaint.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:58 am

Honestly I can't imagine why this has caused so much bickery.
Other than you people pulling out Dicktionaries.
Lame, boring, unfun...whatever.

If you're having trouble getting enjoyment out of a 800 life living firesnot then play someone you have more fun, enjoyment, kicks, etc. or look at it from a different perspective. I myself absolutely ENJOY Dis....when I'm Maltheron. I can't express enough how absolutely AMAZING it is when a single skill renders the entire spammed push of sit-at-the-well DISgustingness null and void by the chuck of a falling rock.

Adamant about playing the little candle flame? Team up with someone that synergizes well with him.
Arro Kree, Fahren Kaa, and even Stille are all good choices.
Looking for good fights? Have minion wars with Meridia or Genobee (If he happens to go that route) Surround and destroy if your an able micro-manager by unleashing a pincer attack from two directions. You have to almost always be support because Dis does not have the life to go head-to-head with most people. If you find that being unfun then you are playing the wrong character in the first place.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:20 am

I like seeing DoE as a place where you can pick heroes and each of them has a different level of difficulty, meaning you need more skills and brains to play a hero that is "hard" like Dis, than a hero that is "easy" like Arro Kree.

Well, yeah, I got that idea seeing some RPG's and AoS'es that put a degree of difficulty on their heroes, like "easy" "normal" "hard" "expert" "nightmare" and so on...

And this is going to turn into a bigger flame war if it doesn't stop. It's close to a lock imho, if not already deserving of one. At least I know what semantics are now >.>
Revenge of the thorny bum!

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm

And this is going to turn into a bigger flame war if it doesn't stop. It's close to a lock imho, if not already deserving of one. At least I know what semantics are now >.>
I don't see this how that turned into a flame war. Anyway.

What does it mean to "rank" heroes on their difficulty? I don't see how that works because I think all heroes carry the same effort used to play them.
ImageImageImageImage

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Yet another thread with about half the posts nitpicking at a word!

Kaome has good points, but the problem with this is when he stands ~2 screens away from any base and starts spamming dislings, infinitely. You can't really go and get him not only because of the fact that you have no creeps against his own creeps, but because of the dislings which would probably kill anyone else, and the fact that he's a decent fighter himself. If you're Rikter, forget it with maim, same for anick, etc.

It's just a bad case of averagely unwanted situations mixing together for something pretty awful, I still hold onto my initial suggestion of having dislings cost life.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:08 pm

I still hold onto my initial suggestion of having dislings cost life.
Ew, why would you want that as a solution? To me, that only brings in more cons than pros.
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:43 pm

You people suck. Loki, I argue with you because you're convinced you're right half the time when you're not. I'm sorry, I've had more education than you have, and I've had enough to know when I'm right about the semantics of a word. It's an argument because you think by some God given right that you're correct when you're not. That pisses me off.

And because of that, I'm soured to this whole thread. Dis is fine, I've killed him with Rikter against Dislings, and I'm sick and tired of everyone and their brother going "AMG FLAME WAR IF DIS DUZNT STOP LUL." Yeah, that helps, a lot. You're all just feeding the fire.

Locked.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”