Dis isn't fun :(

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Zeropathic
Noobite Warrior

Dis isn't fun :(

Post by Zeropathic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 am

Well, it seems that if Dis uses his Heartburn (Condition damage immunity), and is then inflicted with burn/bleed from someone holding the Spectral Shard (Condition damage increaser), he seems to die. Instantly.
I fail at reproducing it in single-player, Malth being the only one who can inflict burn on allies. Although his extends. Does that work differently from just inflicting it?

I can get you a replay, if you want, although I think I have described the problem adequately. (If this isn't the source, though, I can't really imagine what would be.)

Oh, another thing, although more minor, is that if Dis uses Heartburn when he's at full health, he seems to take some damage, and then be unable to actually regenerate to full health. ("Heal" triggering before damage from burn is dealt to him?)
Last edited by Zeropathic on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Dis isn't fun :(

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 am

You've been... HEATDEATH STRUCK.

And I agree with the title; at least, playing against Dis isn't fun. None wants to spend an entire game killing summons for a semblant of hope of survival (they always win).

Zeropathic
Noobite Warrior

Post by Zeropathic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 am

Meh, after reading Heatdeath's description, I suppose you're right. Although that means I must've had about a hundred seconds of burn on me. Owie. I assumed it was the Spectral Shard because the carnage began about the time when Jhita bought it, and I really weren't sure how Heatdeath actually worked.

Well, no, playing against Dis isn't all that fun. Playing him certainly is, though. :D

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 pm

If playing against Dis is boring then it's not the hero's problem. It's the person who's playing DIs.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Spectral Shard's damage boost doesn't deal extra damage against Dis when Dis uses Heartburn, since he's immune to condition damage.
Zeropathic wrote:Oh, another thing, although more minor, is that if Dis uses Heartburn when he's at full health, he seems to take some damage, and then be unable to actually regenerate to full health. ("Heal" triggering before damage from burn is dealt to him?)
Not a bug, it's just an easier way to 'prevent' damage. Basically, what I'm doing is healing before the damage is dealt, but he is at max life, so he can't be healed. It's so minor, it doesn't really matter.

The instant death is clearly from Heatdeath, since it deals damage based upon the seconds of burn you have. At max level, you only need to be burning for something like 80s to instantly die as Dis. I recommend carrying a pink potion to cure yourself of Burn if you happen to get Heatdeath'd.
Loki wrote:If playing against Dis is boring then it's not the hero's problem. It's the person who's playing DIs.
No one used the word boring in this thread except you.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Oxy wrote:playing against Dis isn't fun.
Zeropathic wrote:Well, no, playing against Dis isn't all that fun.
If it isn't fun, then what is it?
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Do you really believe that they mean "Bad" "Sad" "Unfun" (200% sure that's not even a word, therefore I question that source) "Unhappy" "Woeful"? I know you understand what it means if something is not fun.
ImageImageImageImage

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Snap, I didn't expect a bug report when I read the title. XD
If playing against Dis is boring then it's not the hero's problem. It's the person who's playing DIs.
Boring is actually the wrong word imho. It's really not boring, just not fun as in... frustrating.

And, eh.... base sieging 101 with Dis:
Stand 2 screens away from the base/actual fight, keep on channeling and send your spawns in every once in a while. Defending against that? Happy times.
Why should I blame the players? I can understand them, it's just so god damn effective that there's usually no need to put yourself in danger. Hell, I'd probably do it too. =P
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Loki wrote:Do you really believe that they mean "Bad" "Sad" "Unfun" (200% sure that's not even a word, therefore I question that source) "Unhappy" "Woeful"? I know you understand what it means if something is not fun.
Obviously, when something isn't fun it's lame, but boring is not the opposite of fun. As a matter of fact, it is the opposite of exciting. Now, would you please stop ranting just because you want to have an excuse to yell at Oxy?

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Dusk wrote:Obviously, when something isn't fun it's lame
Your source says otherwise, anyway.
Lastly, my comment was directed towards ZEROPATHIC not Oxy, what the hell are you talking about?
ImageImageImageImage

Zeropathic
Noobite Warrior

Post by Zeropathic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Me and Oxy said nearly the exact same thing, though.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:09 pm

To be honest, I'm trying to ignore Oxy as much as possible.
ImageImageImageImage

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 am

Loki wrote:To be honest, I'm trying to ignore Oxy as much as possible.
Take it to PM, spare the public the insignificance.

How about making dis's ultimate cost a small chunk of health everytime a spawn... spawns? Say, 15 health. Don't scream blasphemy just yet, you can always heall using its second ability

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 am

Loki wrote:Your source says otherwise, anyway.
Are you really that dense? You said the "OPPOSITE OF FUN," which is CLEARLY that which quantifies something being NOT FUN, a la what the SOURCE says. HOWEVER, what I said was:
Rising_Dusk wrote:Obviously, when something isn't fun it's lame
This is a PRACTICAL EXAMPLE of what happens when something is NOT FUN, but IS NOT the OPPOSITE of FUN. You are picking the wrong dude to argue semantics with, Loki.
Loki wrote:To be honest, I'm trying to ignore Oxy as much as possible.
This site has a foe list for a reason. It allows you to TOTALLY IGNORE A PERSON. Quaint, huh?

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”