ttFaF Sniping

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

ttFaF Sniping

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:17 pm

So lately I've taken up the challenge of learning how to snipe with ttFaF (Jhita's Ultimate). I fire it a good 10k distance away, and hope it hits, that's pretty much how it goes, typically fired at the fountains. Honestly, casting it when you're within shooting range is much more efficient/powerful. Just gives me something to do with Jhita after the fabled point-click which hardly works, and my beloved splinter cell + HoR combo. Would you believe this is rigged?

(I like to believe that this is more done for the wow-factor than anything else)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: ttFaF Sniping

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Sometimes, <AbovePosterWhosePostIDeleted>, I wish you would quit attacking people where it doesn't belong.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 pm

10k range? Does it have unlimited range now or are you just exaggerating? I haven't tried Jhita since the update yet, so I honestly don't know. Either way, "sniping" (I take it it's just a projectile fired in a line now, not a unit-targeted ability?) sounds like it'd be a lot more useful than just waiting for someone to melee you.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Needs to be within 2k range of a target to fire but it can move up to 10k I think.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:37 pm

It can't target a unit, it tracks a unit if it's burning. Target a spot within 2k range of Jhita, and It'll travel 10k if it doesn't find something burning. It explodes if it comes in contact with a hero (burning or not) or at the end of the 10k. Considering it takes extreme precision meleeing is so much easier because you're almost guaranteed a hit. (My definition of melee in terms of this is within like, 1k range or so.)
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Sure, but there's little more satisfying than shooting it from your fountain, and hearing the enemy death at THEIR fountain.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm

VZManticoran wrote:Sure, but there's little more satisfying than shooting it from your fountain, and hearing the enemy death at THEIR fountain.
\

Yep. That's the point.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Minja
Noobite Warrior

Post by Minja » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Ya.. Seta managed to piss off our team last time he went Jhita :c
I think that's how he got most of his kills just randomly out of no where launching a fireball at the fountains

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Does Rendabi activate on En Fuego? If it did, that would be awesome. I have to take a look sometime, I don't know most of the new items, in fact, the only two I remember are Bleeder and Optic...

So, sniping with that fireball means you have to target (Click) within 2000 range, and mentally extend the target line all the way to their fountain? I've gotta try that...
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 am

*ignores thread revival*
Kurogamon wrote:Does Rendabi activate on En Fuego? If it did, that would be awesome. I have to take a look sometime, I don't know most of the new items, in fact, the only two I remember are Bleeder and Optic...
No.
Kurogamon wrote:So, sniping with that fireball means you have to target (Click) within 2000 range, and mentally extend the target line all the way to their fountain? I've gotta try that...
Yes. Except not even 2000 range as long as you've got the angle correct.
SetaSoujirou wrote:Honestly, casting it when you're within shooting range is much more efficient/powerful.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”