Voidwalk

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Voidwalk

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 am

Umg. Here we are, swapping between the void and antivoid. Is our ethereal buddy rigged? Can't nail him with your magick attack? What's wrong, fireball/guided arrow/AUREA/communion/etc. not good 'nuff for you? -discuss-
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Voidwalk

Post by Rectifier » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:46 am

Well, not getting a major speed buff would make voidwalk pointless; if anything, I would say the speed that you can swap between the void and anti-void is a little too fast (.5 - 1 sec ?). Recently I had a game where I swapped between the two planes many times avoiding both physical (Zuma) and extra magickal damage (Victor) nukes. It was painful watching Caliga push paths solo against 3 noobish Order heroes (and killing them) by using all four of his abilities in conjunction.

This is a guess, but I think Dusk likes the idea of Caliga striking foes while moving in and out of the void and anti-voids in order to harass and destroy his enemies.

Maybe the mana depletion needs to be upped, maybe the Order just needs better aim (come on, he lights up like a flare); but either way, Caliga is going to lop off a number of heads from the void before anybody can do anything about it.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 am

I'd like to change it up a bit eventually just to make the ability more cool, but I in no way find it to be overpowered in its current state.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am

I was expecting that 33% physical damage thing that you were talking about, but how come that never got through?
Anyway, I believe I found my revived hero :D
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Well, every heroes should be able to at least damaging, so letting perhaps HERO type attack go thru? And let caliga attack, obviously.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:54 pm

He's on a different plane, why should every hero be allowed to swipe a sword through the barrier between planes and attack him? (Assuming there is a planar barrier.)

I think the effects of physical attacks should hit him (such as the stun from Zuma, or a condition like maim, etc.) but not deal any physical damage; if any damage were to occur, it should only be from magickal means or from burn or bleed.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:53 am

Rectifier wrote:He's on a different plane, why should every hero be allowed to swipe a sword through the barrier between planes and attack him? (Assuming there is a planar barrier.)

I think the effects of physical attacks should hit him (such as the stun from Zuma, or a condition like maim, etc.) but not deal any physical damage; if any damage were to occur, it should only be from magickal means or from burn or bleed.
Well, if he's on a different plane, why should anything hit him at all? Burn is magic and thust hits him; bleed is physical and doesn't -- that's already there.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

I just think that physical abilities shouldn't be completely useless against him, my opinion is that players should be punished for running into the wrong place at the wrong time, and having the ability to avoid many sources of damage in less than a second seems like a step away from this basic principle.

If any change were to occur to voidwalk, I would want it to be a compromise between the two camps, one camp wanting voidwalk to stay the same with minor adjustments, and the other camp that wants some major adjustments to the ability.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 am

I'd just like to comment that there's something wrong, when a few characters(Like Ztera) simply can't hurt a hero whenever the hero feels like losing his attack.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 pm

I find that's part of what makes Caliga Caliga, though. If I did redo it to only do a % of physical damage instead of 0, I'd still give him something like 85% evasion on top of it.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Which would be worse since he would be able to effectively tank towers and stuff rather than just not be targeted.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 am

And be able to fight back. :p

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:26 am

Lol, that'd be cool. 85% evasion = lawl backdooring. Just wondering, how many of you people hate backdooring, and how many like it?
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 am

If I didn't approve of it as a legitimate tactic, I would disable it as an option.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:40 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:Lol, that'd be cool. 85% evasion = lawl backdooring. Just wondering, how many of you people hate backdooring, and how many like it?
I'm against the general idea of backdooring. Especially in AoSes with strong items (Hint Hint, DotA).
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”