Jhita Bonz' and balance

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Kaizer
Champion Noobite

Jhita Bonz' and balance

Post by Kaizer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:47 pm

1. Splinter Cell - Target Unit

Fire and arrow that deals X physical damage in an area centered on target foe and centered on all struck foes suffering from ruin.

-perfect in my oppinion, does the correct amount of damage and the ruin theme is great.

2. Explosive Arrows (V) - Autocast, On attack

Jhita's attacks explode on struck foes, dealing X magickal damage in an area and ruining struck foes for 2 seconds.

-Deals too much damage, i find myself even as a strength hero dying in around 4-5(int/agi) and 6-7(str) hits from fully upgraded Explosive Arrows, i think maybe toning down them amount of damage it does by about half and adding longer ruin conditions would make it more balanced. Everyone elses imput should be welcomed.

3. En Fuego - Passive

Your attacks burn struck foes for X seconds and you move Y% faster.

-This ability is where my main concern is at, having every single attack burn if it hits in my oppinion is hugely overpowered, i beleive at level 5 this skill gives you 6 second burn per attack, thats 120 damage from a single attack plus the normal attack so around 170-210 damage per hit at the cost of nothing, and you gain move speed. My suggestion would too be make it into an aura that: if an enemy in an X aoe around Jhita is suffering from Ruin his attacks will burn all struck foes for Y seconds and he will move at Z% more speed. Everyone elses imput should be welcomed as well.

4. Fire and Flames - Target Unit

Creates a fireball that chases target unit, dealing X magickal damage in an area when it ends, dealing Y magickal damage and burning foes for 6 seconds in the area for 8 seconds afterwards.

Perfect except for the homing part. My suggestion would too make it so it only can home on targets that have a condition at the time of casting, if the target doesn't and this is cast on them it will travel straight and not home.

well thats annalogy and suggestions for Jhita too make him more balanced, anyone feel free too join in, why should dusk be forced too balance him, lets take some of his workload off :)

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Jhita Bonz' and balance

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Wrong forum dood. You're looking for the one below this one... and more specifically, this thread Bonz Ballance
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Well... you're pretty much right about the overpowered part. But there's also the fact that his abilities are slightly boring, and so, I think he needs a total redo, not a simple balance.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:26 pm

Meh, I personally think that Jhita's good, you just have to have some balls when dealing with him. Yes, he's faster than you, so if you go "O shit, Jhita!" and run when he jumps you, you're dead. Instead, if you charge and attack (assuming you're a hero that can, and if you're not, what the hell are you doing by yourself?), if you're smart enough about it you can splatter him fairly quick. Sure some heroes are poorly matched to deal with Jhita, but that's true of every hero. Yes, Jhita's fairly strong 1v1, but if you move into a team battle, and your usefulness plummets.

Also, the burning on En Fuego isn't quite so insane as you'd think, as it doesn't stack with itself (it renews, but not stack) so you may do 120 damage from a single attack IF you only make that one attack. It is useful if you're being active and targeting different units with each attack, but that's rare. I do agree that the skill would be fun if reworked a bit, but as it is it's just fine too. If I were to redo it (and note: I'm terrible at skill making), I would keep the burning as is, but make the move speed boost be based on the number of burning units within some AoE, granted, this kills his ability to chase, so... I dunno.

Not gonna say much more though, as I'm sure all this has been discussed time and time again in the other thread.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:15 am

He truly is a dull hero. Overpowered, great for those who like playing for giant e-peens. A nice amount of heroes can take him on.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:54 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:He truly is a dull hero. Overpowered, great for those who like playing for giant e-peens. A nice amount of heroes can take him on.
Yep, but if you play decently-smartly as Jhita, never will Stille get his little ward off. The mistake everyone makes wity Jhita is that they play wayy too offensively. Sure, it works against half the heroes, and guess what, as soon as you play a bit smarter, your success rate goes up to approximately 172%.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Meh im with oxy on the idea that jhita should be redone
I swear to drunk im not god.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Not another thread whining about Jhita...

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:Not another thread whining about Jhita...
Not another post whining about threads...

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Not another 6 day ressurect about a topic beaten to a bloody pulp.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”