Anick: Blood Seeker

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Anick: Blood Seeker

Post by Oxygen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:30 pm

I didn't mean to literally give swarm to Anick, but another ability to leech life would be sort of cool. He can leech life rather than use conditions, it does sound like a good tradeoff...

How about this?
Porphyria
  • Toggled Buff
    When activated, Anick's colision becomes null. Whenever he will walk through a unit, he will steal X life from it. The life stolen is doubled against a bleeding unit. If Anick is bleeding, this ability will cost no health. Otherwise, Anick is taxed every seconds.
Thoughts? Synergizes with SOTN's movement speed, gives him some sort of way of dealing with masses of creeps, seems actually interesting to use, and allows him to get close to people by passing through creeps / heroes, rather than blinking, and same for escaping.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm

That sounds pretty awesome, but the spell name sounds kinda like the crypt lord from ToB.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:53 pm

I think it would feel very ridiculous to just run back and forth through a unit with SotN on. Synergy doesn't quite matter as much to me as sense or keeping to playstyle does.
Hell_Tempest wrote:but the spell name sounds kinda like the crypt lord from ToB.
You don't quite think that ToB invented the word Porphyria, do you?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote: You don't quite think that ToB invented the word Porphyria, do you?
yes... <_<

on a more constructive note, how about this:
Crimson Bond
Activated passive.
Initial Cost: X hp
Effect: When activated, enemies that have been attacked by Anick in the last X sec will take Y% of all damage dealt to him. Drains hp per second.
Why? Anick always felt like a live-on-the-edge kind of character (with the life-draining spells and all). With this, he gains serious creeping potential, a source of magic damage, and, come on, how awesome would it be to hit a low-hp hero with it and then commit suicide (or near suicide).

I also think it would be cool (even though no one else will), if his life steal aura caused the creeps' hp gain to go to him, insead of the creeps. Unless the skill is already like this (i can't remember... and don't have WC3 right now :( )
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 pm

That does NOT work Gangsta. And we're talking about a replacement for blood seeker, he doesn't need another way to damage people. And it's not like he's super-tank, and can just sit there and wait for the person to die while he tanks a tower. And if I recall correctly Dusk has already said something about The Red Thrist having allied units under the aura to transfer the life gained to him.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 pm

meh, idk what would work (haved played WC3 in months and I rarely played Anick). Personally i like it- i'm probably alone. I think of it as a chase spell, without the chasing. Also, you don't need to be a super-tank when you are stealing life from things. Also, high-damaging, low-hp characters would likely kill themselves.

Anyway, i thought the whole point was to totally replace blood seeker...
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I think it would feel very ridiculous to just run back and forth through a unit with SotN on. Synergy doesn't quite matter as much to me as sense or keeping to playstyle does.
Should determine what Anick's playstyle is, then. Right now, it feels like "D", click, "D".

Maybe make The Red Thirst a flat amount? 4/8/12/16/20? I'd actually be tempted to level it over seeker, now.

That kinda reminds me of a problem anick has; who wouldn't play with devour?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Oxygen wrote:Should determine what Anick's playstyle is, then. Right now, it feels like "D", click, "D".
As far as any hero is concerned, all you do is right click and hit hotkeys, ergo your arrogant remark is moot.
Oxygen wrote:That kinda reminds me of a problem anick has; who wouldn't play with devour?
The same people that play Tornne without Taint, obviously.

UnholySouls
Champion Noobite

Post by UnholySouls » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am

Micro-ing a chaser-hero is certainly not about right-clicking then waiting, and I think Anick is the perfect example of this (Unless you have Sotn on while chasing a single running hero who flees in straight line, evidently :P).

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 am

If it weren't for the fact that he's awful fun to play, I might agree with you.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:49 am

I level TRT over Blood Seeker. The 25% attack damage + life steal is by far, a much better bonus than a delayed teleport as it is right now. He is by far the simplest of chasing heroes in this game, except maybe on par with sozen, who can't deal as much damage while chasing, and hurts himself much more than Anick does in the process. Blood Seeker does little more than sustain a single hit in, assuming you even use it for that and do it well.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:I level TRT over Blood Seeker. The 25% attack damage + life steal is by far, a much better bonus than a delayed teleport as it is right now.
I was already well-aware of this fact, it applies to nigh everyone.
SetaSoujriou wrote:He is by far the simplest of chasing heroes in this game, except maybe on par with sozen, who can't deal as much damage while chasing, and hurts himself much more than Anick does in the process.
And that is entirely not the problem we (I) are (am) faced with.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
SetaSoujirou wrote:I level TRT over Blood Seeker. The 25% attack damage + life steal is by far, a much better bonus than a delayed teleport as it is right now.
I was already well-aware of this fact, it applies to nigh everyone.
Depends on the gameplay! But I love Anick. But he feels so weird, what vampire stereotype could we use to come up with a cool, classy new ability?

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Well, obviously, something involving the day/night cycle-

jk.

Something involving how vampires turn other people into vampires?

Edit: Or something from the story?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:40 pm

So have it maim enemies who enter the 'area' instead of damage, and he gains X life for each bleeding unit within Y range every second it's active. Remember, he's vulnerable to harm while doing this, even if he does have no collision, so he needs some way not to be totally screwed by morphing. We can't really give him a huge ms bonus, because well... He kind of gets that with SotN already, and it would feel a bit too much like Unseen Horror. Maybe not even have it cost anything, because he has to lose his attack to go into this mode, which gets rid of Devour/stuff. Be nice for pushing/ganking though, certainly.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”