Anick: Blood Seeker

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Anick: Blood Seeker

Post by Oxygen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:07 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Half of the novelty of Anick is that he interacts with bleed but can't inflict it himself. That's like, the point.
Yes, but half the novelty of DOE is an interesting condition interraction system. Anick only has a "level 1" interraction level, and by that, I mean

If target has condition, deal x% bonus

it's as simple as interraction will get. Don't get me wrong, Anick is fun. But he could be better. The lacunes I see are in his passive, and blood seeker really.

How about his aura making only friendly units cause bleed on attack? He'd be dependant still on an item, but at least, most teammates would see a better teaming partner here, and he would see anyone benefit him. Plus, he would be able to use his only synergy when grinding creeping, because let's be honest here, his creeping powers are shitty

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Yes, so?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:31 am

How about making the first application of Devour apply bleed, such that only the second one gains from the synergy? I mean, he's taking a god damn bite off you, you should be bleeding a bit, nei? Then the second one is even more tasty, flesh exposed, ...

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Maybe make it so that his aura has a % chance to extend bleed for like, 1 or 2 seconds?

Just throwing ideas out there...

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Man, you guys just don't get it.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:12 pm

I agree with you, Dusk. I'm just suggesting something if you decide to change your mind.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:12 pm

So, how I'm seeing it, is that Dusk is steadfast on not adding bleed to Anick. Which makes sense if that's his vision for the hero, I guess. Beside that, though, there's no reason that Blood Seeker can't be replaced, which we're clamoring for I guess (doesn't effect me since he crashes me anyway :P), with a move that doesn't cause bleed.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Blood seeker hasn't -- And likely won't ever -- be replaced by sheer virtue that the visual effect is something I could not enjoy Anick without. Yes, it's really that important. (Stupid skill name, though, needs something more creative.)There was one variant I remember thinking up one night that seemed equally visually stunning (With bleed, to boot), though I've got to confess it doesn't fit into his playstyle as well as I'd hope a replacement would.

Crimson Tides
  • Toggled Buff
    Anick splits into a swarm of invulnerable bats that rip and tear nearby enemies for X damage per second and a Y second bleed. Drains 8 life per second active.
Primary problem is that it's a galvanized Bloodletter Swarm with damage rather than life steal. [sarcasm]Woo, go being creative.[/sarcasm] I just liked the way it looked.

Anyways, it (Blood Seeker) might have to get quasi-replaced anyways if Chriz ever decides to finish the stuff I asked him to do months upon months ago. I swear, the people with talent (AR/KR excluded) are always the most inactive and procrastinating individuals.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah, but he can't attack; he is the swarm, so it's not quite like Bloodletter Swarm. I dunno, it's a kind of cool ability, but you're right in that it doesn't fit him super well.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote: Crimson Tides
  • Toggled Buff
    Anick splits into a swarm of invulnerable bats that rip and tear nearby enemies for X damage per second and a Y second bleed. Drains 8 life per second active.
Primary problem is that it's a galvanized Bloodletter Swarm with damage rather than life steal. [sarcasm]Woo, go being creative.[/sarcasm] I just liked the way it looked.

Anyways, it (Blood Seeker) might have to get quasi-replaced anyways if Chriz ever decides to finish the stuff I asked him to do months upon months ago. I swear, the people with talent (AR/KR excluded) are always the most inactive and procrastinating individuals.
It's true that blood seeker somewhat feels weird, especially since SOTN already gives him wayyy enough speed to catch up to about anything. Maybe give blood seeker to genobee, and bloodletter swarm to anick? : ) Or if anyone comes up very quickly with a genius remplacement for Genobee? Something related to spikes, perhaps? Damage return + bleed?

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Swarm on Anick would be so retarded, lol.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Swarm makes perfect sense on Genobee, though, and on Anick it would both look and feel out of place. There has to be a more elegant solution.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am

Hey, Dusk, why not have it deal damage, remove the invul, but make him go invul for about a second when shifting to and from it, remove collision and have it do some kind of other effect relating to Bleed, where like units that he's right on top of start getting drained for semi-significant life, or take significantly more damage, if they're Bleeding. It gives him the escape effect I think he needs, allows him to take advantage of SotN even when in this form(MS bonus), and still has a synergy with Bleed. Perhaps it extends Bleed on self for 2 seconds every second you're using it, too, as the cost.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am

No, make him transform into a HUUUUUGE bat and cut peopel with his sharp wingz >_>

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 am

I think making it do any significant damage may inevitably change his role as a hero. (Notice how currently he is very susceptible to Blind/Maim) Plus, somehow Blood Seeker doesn't seem like it should be a damaging move. It's a tricky situation to be in, so meh.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”