Anick: Blood Seeker

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Anick: Blood Seeker

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:55 pm

VZManticoran wrote: We can't really give him a huge ms bonus, because well... He kind of gets that with SotN already
Geez, understatement much? That doesn't really sound like any suitable replacement to Anick to me.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:If it weren't for the fact that he's awful fun to play, I might agree with you.
the only thing that makes him fun, if you can call this fun, is the same thing that makes the current Caliga fun; he's too weak on his own and doing well with him is challenging, which is the only fun part (killing heroes and such is that much more satisfying when you know you did it with a disadvantaged hero). I'm not even sure if that should qualify as making him fun though...

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Remember that dusk is biased, and will only cooperate if you come up with something really amazing.

None has yet.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:57 pm

I know what he can use. A good ole' falcon pawnch! But really, a tier list of how satisfied you are when hero killing.
Top: Under used heroes
Upper: 'Weak' heroes
Mid: Support heroes
Low: Hero killers
Bottom: Jhita
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:34 am

I dunno about you, but it doesn't matter which hero I'm using for Hero-Killing for me, they're ALL fun.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:40 am

VZManticoran wrote:I dunno about you, but it doesn't matter which hero I'm using for Hero-Killing for me, they're ALL fun.
Agreed.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:51 am

VZManticoran wrote:I dunno about you, but it doesn't matter which hero I'm using for Hero-Killing for me, they're ALL fun.
They're all fun, but you still gain more satisfaction for pulling off a kill with, say... Sozen or Caliga than Jhita.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Sozen isn't that hard to get kills with, he just gets butts3x0r3d by mute and Vela.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:Sozen isn't that hard to get kills with, he just gets butts3x0r3d by mute and Vela.
And tornne, and verte, and dagg, and jhita, and greel, and caliga, and rikter, and atrius, and genobee. . . . . etc.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am

..Greel???
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 am

Yes, he's a secret chara-- I mean, Exuro.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Yes, he's a secret chara-- I mean, Exuro.
Sorry! I made an oxism, where you tack in something random, you know. I should've said cosmos, too.

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:52 am

I dunno, I think BS would be fine if you added, maybe a tracking portion to it? Like, say if he targets close to a hero, then he'll track that hero up to the max range? Or if there's room, move in front of the hero. OR, perhaps you can increase the starting cast range to something like 1000, and then increase it by 100 per level to max out at 1400? Even THAT would make it way more useful for escape.

Or another idea would for it to slow units (i forget if that's cripple or maim or whatnot) nearby when he starts porting, that way they cannot chase him... I mean, he does split into a bunch of bats that fly out everywhere, being pestered or damaged by them wouldn't hurt thematically, plus it works well to allow him to escape, and does nothing towards hunting, unless you're very close, in which case it makes it a bit more effective. You could even add in the fact that only bleeding units get maimed too, if you wanna keep that "all his abilities become godly if the enemy is bleeding" feel to him, that is.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Mundaine wrote:I dunno, I think BS would be fine if you added, maybe a tracking portion to it? Like, say if he targets close to a hero, then he'll track that hero up to the max range? Or if there's room, move in front of the hero. OR, perhaps you can increase the starting cast range to something like 1000, and then increase it by 100 per level to max out at 1400? Even THAT would make it way more useful for escape.

Or another idea would for it to slow units (i forget if that's cripple or maim or whatnot) nearby when he starts porting, that way they cannot chase him... I mean, he does split into a bunch of bats that fly out everywhere, being pestered or damaged by them wouldn't hurt thematically, plus it works well to allow him to escape, and does nothing towards hunting, unless you're very close, in which case it makes it a bit more effective. You could even add in the fact that only bleeding units get crippled too, if you wanna keep that "all his abilities become godly if the enemy is bleeding" feel to him, that is.
I disagree, increasing starting range is not anything I'd look forward to having.

Believe you meant crippled, maim is attack speed/damage, cripple is slow.

I can't see much of a defensive side to giving blood seeker cripple. That'd seem like a niche for offensive.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 am

But that's the point seta, Anick is supposed to be completely offensive. What need does the Blood God have of defense when his power is enough to destroy all who oppose him? Eloquency aside, Dusk has said himself several times that Anick is pretty much an entirely offensive hero.

I'm all for giving BS more offensive traits, but I don't think that's quite what dusk had in mind for Anick.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”