About the Council Member:Blade

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: About the Council Member:Blade

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:08 am

Point is, he takes intelligence/more skill than the other heroes. Hence 'underpowered'.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:10 am

So if there was a really rigged hero who took a ton of strategy, skill, and intelligence he'd still be underpowered?
Your move.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:59 am

Cold Phoenix wrote:So if there was a really rigged hero who took a ton of strategy, skill, and intelligence he'd still be underpowered?
For you? Probably.
For me? Just another day.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:07 am

Point is, he takes intelligence/more skill than the other heroes. Hence 'underpowered'

I dont realy think that he takes that much intelligence to play, Iwould think someone like stille takes more skill then him although thats just my oppinion. also i dont think that taking intelligence to use = underpowered that just seems like a bad description to me.

(edited as to not offend with my poor grammar.)
Last edited by BD423 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I swear to drunk im not god.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:52 pm

BD423 wrote:
Point is, he takes intelligence/more skill than the other heroes. Hence 'underpowered'

i dont realy think that he takes that much intelegence to play, i would think sum1 like stille takes more then him thats just my oppinion tho. also i dont think that taking intelegence to use = underpowered that just seems like a bad description to me.
Please, if you're going to use the word 'intelligence', at the very least, spell it right. And Stille takes less skill for a greater damage output. No one in the map is underpowered, some are just simply weaker than others. Just like Ztera, everyone that I've seen aside from myself and Scarlet use her, blowed. But, oh well.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:39 pm

put a total newb into doe, let him play a game with stille, then let him play a game with glyphe, i can almost garauntee that he will do better with glyphe, realy i still dont see how u can think glyphe is harder to use then stille, maybe u can explain. Also what would u say is the big difference between a hero being underpowered and a hero being weaker because to me they are pretty much the same thing.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I clearly said that STILLE TAKES LESS SKILL FOR HIGHER DAMAGE OUTPUT, not he's hard-as-hell to play, please, if you're going to analyze what I say, and make remarks that isn't relevant, don't even bother. Simply put, I had a 24 kill streak with Tristan, holding my own within the game, and we still win. Note this is in a semi-IH, and not just a pub.

Besides, I'm sure we all like to judge how easy a hero is based on how well a NEWB does it.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 am

well if we want to look at this as a scientific thing, then the newb is the control. See, other players can have varied levels of skill, but it is assumed that a total newb to the game would represent the most terrible of players, and thus, comparing hero effectiveness with the control, or maybe it's better to consider it a constant, shows which heroes are, in the very least, the easiest to control and use effectively. So yeah, how a newb uses a hero and to what extent they are successful, is at least a half-decent indication of hero setup and usefulness.

That is, unless you assume every hero is perfectly balanced and that any combination of 6 of each side would be able to hold their own just fine.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:30 am

STILLE TAKES LESS SKILL FOR HIGHER DAMAGE OUTPUT
im sorry but i sorta lold at this statement, stille can catch u when your not on your toes. But overall his damage barring some special cases(extinction in a big creep wave, bone prison to name a few) isnt gonna go much higher then glyphes. think about it, glyphe can press 1 button to achieve pretty much the same result as stille does using two skills(ward + commune) and he slows his enemy to continue the chase. Now thats not to say stille isnt a bad character in his own right, but pointblank glyphe does not take much skill to use and his skills have fairly high damage output. I dont know if it was on this forum or the old but i remember glyphe being called the newbs hero because of his ease of use.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:45 pm

mundaine wrote:well if we want to look at this as a scientific thing, then the newb is the control. See, other players can have varied levels of skill, but it is assumed that a total newb to the game would represent the most terrible of players, and thus, comparing hero effectiveness with the control, or maybe it's better to consider it a constant, shows which heroes are, in the very least, the easiest to control and use effectively. So yeah, how a newb uses a hero and to what extent they are successful, is at least a half-decent indication of hero setup and usefulness.
This is true by all means. Some newbs are inherently better than others, but on the whole with no experience in the map, it's predictable as to which heroes are easier to be picked up successfully by newbs and which aren't. This is actually how I define a part of the learning curve for a map.

Stille is also imbashit, so whatever point you two (Seta/BD) are trying to make is lame anyways. I'm going to rape him in 1.09c, so just chill out until then.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

You;re going to ruin Seta's fun.... D:

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm

I play Ztera the most on Order, so that doesn't really matter to me, tempest. Besides, Dusk, didn't you say you were only doubling extinction's CD?
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 pm

i was just trying to state that glyphe is not hard to use, stille only poped up because he was the first hero that came to my mind.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:You;re going to ruin Seta's fun.... D:

Also, @ dusk, don't rape Stille. He has no direct damage spell ( they all have to go thru something, or come from something ) and very little defensive options. Yes, seta plays a great still *PUN!11*, much better than anyone else. But still, Stille isn't played by your average player very much, and when he is, it's not always good. He's kinda hard to master. I'd like to see Thunder Wards improved, and Communion slightly nerfed if anything. Hell, cut Communion's damage to what, 200, cut the bleed in two, but make Thunder Wards maim for 1 seconds. Now he's got something defensive, and his offensive isn't as great. Moar rounded.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 pm

I think this topic should be locked, it's been heavily derailed.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”