About the Council Member:Blade

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: About the Council Member:Blade

Post by Bregan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Oxygen wrote:
SetaSoujirou wrote:Don't you dare say Potam is a god with any hero. Ever.
It's easy to be impressed by crystal if you haven't seen diamond yet
i demand oxy vs potam contest. naow.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:34 pm

i has bigger epeen. win.

Die_Dummy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Die_Dummy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 pm

RadON wrote:Give it a year, people will join like people join DotA at the moment. ^_^

You overestimate the intelligence of the average Battlenet player

But back on the subject of Caliga, personally I find he is a great lane pusher and hero killer because no one is afraid of him, he works extremely well vs Sozen.
Try using Oblivion Seal on Sozen while he is using his ultimate.
Dusk said something alone the lines of that.
Internet: Fitness videogames might be able to keep players in shape--but not if they don't play them.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Just wait until Cali gets the buff :D :D

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Die_Dummy wrote:
But back on the subject of Caliga, personally I find he is a great lane pusher and hero killer because no one is afraid of him, he works extremely well vs Sozen.
Great lane pusher? You're kidding? His move has a 30 ( 45? ) second cooldown, and fails if the unit dies; he's by no mean a great pusher. Vertejaune is a great pusher, Exuro is alright, but Caliga is right above Anick for worst pusher. So please.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Oxygen wrote:
Die_Dummy wrote:
Great lane pusher? You're kidding? His move has a 30 ( 45? ) second cooldown, and fails if the unit dies; he's by no mean a great pusher. Vertejaune is a great pusher, Exuro is alright, but Caliga is right above Anick for worst pusher. So please.
I'm pretty sure the duration of Haunt was reduced to 5 seconds and the cooldown is now 15 seconds... But that might be just something Dusk was discussing doing.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Phox wrote: I'm pretty sure the duration of Haunt was reduced to 5 seconds and the cooldown is now 15 seconds... But that might be just something Dusk was discussing doing.
Because, you know, we're discussing how great a lane pusher he is after he gets his buff.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Fledermaus wrote:
Phox wrote: I'm pretty sure the duration of Haunt was reduced to 5 seconds and the cooldown is now 15 seconds... But that might be just something Dusk was discussing doing.
Because, you know, we're discussing how great a lane pusher he is after he gets his buff.
I actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:04 am

Fledermaus wrote:
5 sec haunt would suck, unless it was damage buffed; the low cooldown doesn't justify the low duration, as it's so easily avoided. It'd need to spike more, and I'm saying without any problem that the damage could be bumped @ 75 should that happen.

But it won't, and twink I hope not.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 am

Phox wrote:
Fledermaus wrote:
I actually have no idea what you're talking about.
It looked like you were saying "he's a great pusher in 1.10".

Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Post by Snake_Hunter » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am

So how is he going to be buffed? Is he going to move faster? Maybe get a slow or a stun? I have no idea what buffs you guys are talking about.. Also if you wana play DoE I can host IM usually one very day from 7 am to whenever.. gotta love summer vacation..

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 am

Snake_Hunter wrote:So how is he going to be buffed? Is he going to move faster? Maybe get a slow or a stun? I have no idea what buffs you guys are talking about.. Also if you wana play DoE I can host IM usually one very day from 7 am to whenever.. gotta love summer vacation..
The following stuff are what resulted from the conversation between myself and dusk; everything is subject to change.

Haunt: Damage will now start at 30, and increase by 5 per level, up from starting at 10, with a 10 increase. 10/20/30/40/50 is the way it currently is; 30/35/40/45/50 is the way it should be. This change ''was'' made to reduce Caliga's dependency on leveling Haunt. Also makes the spell more powerful at lower levels.

Oblivion Seal: The effects will now start at 6 seconds, up from 4, and end at 10, down from 12 ( ? ). This is to make the spell more useful at lower level, because let's face it, 4 seconds of Ruin/Mute somewhat sucked. And 12 ( ? ) seconds of Ruin/mute was somewhat pretty damn strong. It'll look like 6/7/8/9/10, rather than 4/6/8/10/12 ( ? ).

Voidwalker: No longer makes Caliga immune to physical damage; instead, grants him a 66% damage reduction. This was made to prevent some excessive backdooring issues. On the other hand, Caliga will now be able to attack while ethereal... He still suffers the 66% magic damage penalty. This change was also made to allow a more fluid use of Tombreaver. Remember how you had to hit about 7 hotkeys to get a good Tombreaver hit off? Worry not. And if you were a fan, you can still do it.

Tombreaver: Now gives 2/3/4 bonus hits, rather than 1/2/3. This change was made to counteract the fact that the Order was granted about 7 maiming, and 14 blinding. No, really though. Had a deep feeling that Caliga wasn't proprely feared, and that all the efforts that he had to do to just smack a target once or twice weren't really worth it.

Now, with the come back of the 3 faction, 20% attack speed / +8 damage items, Caliga will have some gear to play with.

Now, thus being said, close the thread. You're making everyone freak out. But the balance issues are going to be very well handled, at least, for as long as I e-breathe.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 am

Holy shit. 30 damage at level 1? It already hurts early game as it is right now. He's going to have a pretty high damage output early game along with the oblivion seal buff.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 am

Clearly you've never been up against Glyphe 1-1 with Cal. Cal gets raped so bad.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Old OS was 4/5/6/7/8 I believe, not increasing by two per level. Also, I think Dusk said that tombreaver would be 3/4/5.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”