About the Council Member:Blade

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

About the Council Member:Blade

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:17 am

So I fooled around with this hero for awhile and found he is difficult but fun to use. I don't quite understand tomb reaver but it seems like it helps. Voidwalk is reallllllyyyy good, you can have so much fun with that skill! Also I think you can haunt harrass people by haunting yourself then going into voidwalk and standing next to them.. I could be wrong, I have not actually tried this. Problem is what items fit him? He is kinda slow outside of voidwalk, so I was thinking boots, and I tried using the 10 percent increase atk speed item, because I figured it would help in the beatdown with tombreaver on.

The problem is, it is really easy to run away from him because outside of voidwalk most heroes can outrun him, which lowers is potential of killing somone, because he can't keep up to lay into them with tomb reaver on. I mean I could just be stupid and I forget that DoE is alot more team oriented than DotA or somthing. Which means Caliga needs a team mate with him to kill somone, which makes sense. It seems like when he oblivion seals a hero and then has lvl 3 tomb reaver going and starts attacking he can do ALOT of dmg. Especially if he has a rikters damnation. Overall though I kinda think his speed needs to be moved, so that he can actually play a little hardball with those runners :)

Also I found when I play a melee hero I can't even really attack creeps early game because most of the ranged guys have a hardcore harrassing skill which makes being a melee guy early in the game a bit boring. That could just me though. I think I love DoE a bit to much..

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: About the Council Member:Blade

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 am

That's why you get gold and exp w/o killing creeps yourself. And Caliga is getting a serious buff in the next version, don't worry. (and you should really just play the heroes instead of asking us)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:31 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:That's why you get gold and exp w/o killing creeps yourself. And Caliga is getting a serious buff in the next version, don't worry. (and you should really just play the heroes instead of asking us)
I would play the heroes but everytime I host a doe no one joins :( and the ones that do join leave in like 5 mins..

Also whats the website to dl auto refresh from?

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 am

For now you can just google WC3 autorefresh but when I gget home I'll PM you a better one when I get home since I do not have the link.

Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 am

I wish more people would give doe a chance. Like when I host somtimes people will come in and ask if it is like dota.. i tell them it is better and then they leave :(

lol.. doe addiction sucks

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:00 am

Welcome to the fold :twisted: .

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Caliga's one of the few untouched heroes this version, and with the addition of multiple maim / blind on the order side, as well as a whole bunch of defensive items, he found himself really left out; worry not, he's getting some very sexy additions next patch. Right now, he's an assistant hero killer. He can't really die, the ghosts are great for runners, so is the silence, and tombreaver's decent for towers. Next patch, he'll be feared as he once was.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm

I heard Dusk talking about some of the stuff in channel, and boy, am I going to love him next ver.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:10 pm

I like it how people don't complain about Aurea. xD
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:57 pm

No one cares about Aurea, though.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 pm

I actually never played her, so I wouldn't know.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:41 pm

:-x aurea used to be my favorite hero :/, then kassar came and i just forgot about her :(. she never seems like she needs a nerf or buff though being able to do alot of damage as well as cripple u very easily and blind atk oriented heros id say shes fine. On topic however, I used to think caliga was rediculous (potam es god with him) but now he dosnt seem to be too effective unless he catches a hero at low hp or if the enemy stands around.
I swear to drunk im not god.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Don't you dare say Potam is a god with any hero. Ever.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:52 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:Don't you dare say Potam is a god with any hero. Ever.
It's easy to be impressed by crystal if you haven't seen diamond yet

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Snake_Hunter wrote:I wish more people would give doe a chance. Like when I host somtimes people will come in and ask if it is like dota.. i tell them it is better and then they leave :(

lol.. doe addiction sucks
Give it a year, people will join like people join DotA at the moment. ^_^

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”