Eld Runebreaker does what now?

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Eld Runebreaker does what now?

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:48 pm

So I tried the eld runebreaker out a bit today.. and I just cannot tell what he is suppose to do.. At first glance he looks like a chaser but he is a bit on the slow side. I tried him some more, but diffrent ways and I came to the same conclusion. Like is he a tank or somthing or a chaser? I tried mass boots on him, which was possibly the worst idea ever.. but it just seems like he cannot keep up with anyone if he does not have more than 2 boots or somthing. Also I know he has a slow but it is kinda mana intensive considering his starting mana is about 195 mana, and he is a str hero :(

So I would not if somone told me what to do with this hero..? He is very interesting, but frustrating at the same.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Eld Runebreaker does what now?

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I usually hover around the battle with Cloudburst and harass heroes with Storm Bolt. If they are weak enough you can chase them while Cloudburst adds on damage. Add in Tempest thingy while they are crippled. So yeah, I guess he's a chaser.
Your move.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:59 pm

He's a tank.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Cold Phoenix wrote:I usually hover around the battle with Cloudburst and harass heroes with Storm Bolt. If they are weak enough you can chase them while Cloudburst adds on damage. Add in Tempest thingy while they are crippled. So yeah, I guess he's a chaser.

hmmm, what sucks is he just moves so darn slow but requires you stay near the hero.. kinda like council member:Blade, that guy is a problem for me also, he moves fast when he is voidwalking and all but outside of that he can't keep up with most heroes..

also does eld runebreaker have the same movespeed as genobee?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Yes, on the movespeed tier, he's on the lowest tier. But then, he has a very easily applied cripple. (It can't be hard hitting with the giant AoE and decent speed axes)
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Snake_Hunter
Noobite Warrior

Post by Snake_Hunter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:Yes, on the movespeed tier, he's on the lowest tier. But then, he has a very easily applied cripple. (It can't be hard hitting with the giant AoE and decent speed axes)

yeah the axe skill is ok and all but isnt it mana intensive considering the runebreaker has such a small pool? at most before lvl 5 or so he can only axe 2-3 times before needing to pot or somthing

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Then get a mana amulet/more pots?
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I always get a Boots, 4 charges of Hit Point Potion and 4 charges of Mana Point Poiton and it works with every hero to start off with.

Expect for Sozen and Glasse, obviously.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 pm

4 charges of hp pots on Sozen makes me lol.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:30 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:4 charges of hp pots on Sozen makes me lol.
King Lol, hp pots on sozen and mp pots on anick :D

MP pots on glyphe are always a good idea, and if you manage to cripple someone, run in with tempest and make sure you turn on lightning ward just before you hit (If it functions the same way as it did in older versions, I havent played this version much) I dont think he makes much of a chaser, I usually play/see him play as a tank, but once in a while I've seen people max him out with boots (the - armour leaves him rather fragile though)
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 am

IF you manage to hit with cripple. You act like it's hard or something. And at least Sozen can use HP pots to an extent, opposed to Anick with MP.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 am

Try playing with a constant 3 sec delay -_-
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 am

Glyphe is still one of the most feared power hitters on the Order. Regardless of a seemingly low DPS aura, the fact it spikes makes it very good for hitting and running -- And that's part how he plays. He also has tremendous crowd control, what with him being very good at handling multiple enemy heroes at once.

Anyways, he gets a buff too if I recall, though I don't remember exactly what I did. I think I made Lightning Ward trigger on Storm Bolt and Tempest Wake or something. Hell yes, am I right?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:35 am

Rising_Dusk wrote: Anyways, he gets a buff too if I recall, though I don't remember exactly what I did. I think I made Lightning Ward trigger on Storm Bolt and Tempest Wake or something. Hell yes, am I right?
You are correct, pretty boy >:]

He won't be as strong as the oldest patches, but with the extra mute, he'll fill a better role in crowd control ( cripple, mute, maim ). Perhaps we'll start seeing him around more, and personally, I know I'll play him more often ( althought I've been at it a bit lately ). Very balanced hero, has defensive and offensive moves, and honestly, I'll like him more than ever

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Not just "the extra mute," but SB and TW will get the bonus magick damage from Lightning Ward as well. I think it rounds him out as a wtfepic hero.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”