New Victor

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.

Which Victor would you prefer to have?

Old skin, old spells
14%
Old skin, new spells
7%
New skin, old spells
7%
New skin, new spells
64%
Old skin, mixed spells
No votes
New skin, mixed spells
7%
Dunno
No votes

Total votes: 14

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

New Victor

Post by andriejj » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:32 am

I vote for old skin and old spells. Why?

I liked the prevoius Victor much more, mainly because playing him was much more action-packed. The new Victor is more passive and static, mainly due to the channeled heal and passive ultimate. For me, he's just boring. New Martyr is ok, especially the tooltip, but that's all. The old Fist of Heaven looked better and gave him some means of creep-slaying. Now he can just heal, keep allies alive, heal, nuke some enemy hero, heal again. He's more into the conditions system, that's unarguable, but I don't think losing all the fun is worth it.
That's why I'd like the old, crazy heal-bot to come back :(

Old skin - because it felt more divine and paladin-style. New Victor looks rather gloomy. He'd be good for some sullen inquisutor, or knight. Also Death Knight's channeling anim is bad, while paladin looks great with his hammer up and eyes in the book.

This is my personal opinion, what's yours?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: New Victor

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:40 am

Unquestionably the new one with the new spells. The level of interaction Martyr/FotH have right now is unparamounted by the previous version; you can move conditions in waves, build them up by having them follow you, and then unleash them at once. It's far more effective against mutes and mission-critical conditions, allowing him not only to control battle in a more active manner, but allowing him to go toe-to-toe with Tornne and Exuro.

I think you're letting yourself be biased by the fact that he's terribly imbalanced in this version. All imbalanced heroes feel boring because they're significantly more powerful and require significantly less playing to do well with. Just wait for .09c, please.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:21 am

He's imbalanced?? I've fought against Victor a bunch, and while I'd say he's a very strong hero played well, he's terribly vulnerable to being killed himself, if you can get past his guards at ALL. His dps output is fairly horrible compared to most enemies, and his sitting and channeling spell, his only real mass-heal that doesn't cost a ton of mana over time, simply is sad. He rips enemies who can't push to shreds, mind, but how many heroes just CAN'T push on the Bane side? Uh... Jhita is fairly weak against him, as is Anick and Vela. Everyone else is pretty much ok.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Gafgarion
Noobite Warrior

Post by Gafgarion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:46 am

VZManticoran wrote:He's imbalanced??... His dps output is fairly horrible compared to most enemies
I thought 240 unavoidable damage every 4 seconds was pretty decent for a healer.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Gafgarion wrote:
VZManticoran wrote:He's imbalanced??... His dps output is fairly horrible compared to most enemies
I thought 240 unavoidable damage every 4 seconds was pretty decent for a healer.
As well as 40+ healing per second to everyone for 20 mana, for an infinite period of time. Plus condition immunity to nearby units. Plus, him forcing you to eat your own shit. I swear, he's got more influence than verte now.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:39 pm

V&Z is bugged currently to heal twice the listed amount, which is an obvious accidental imbalance. (Similar to Voidstorm dealing 60% bonus damage in previous versions, a simple overlooking) Anyways, he doesn't give nearby allies condition immunity, since being immune is a far cry better than simply removing the conditions. Additionally, the rebalances correct his overpowered problem very effectively upon testing.

I still have Absolution Aura reducing a blazing 60% of damage because I freakin' love that ability and its battle influence. Also, with the allied recuperation limited a bit in .09c on his other abilities, he's going to be a very susceptible target in his own right. He has no veritable self-heal and none of his skills even work on himself. (Sans the passive half of V&Z)

Still, Oxy, nothing on Victor can usurp the most impacting base-killer ability in DoE title from Discord.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I think you're letting yourself be biased by the fact that he's terribly imbalanced in this version. All imbalanced heroes feel boring because they're significantly more powerful and require significantly less playing to do well with. Just wait for .09c, please.
We had such "argument" before, I still don't find Maltheron really entertaining ;P

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 pm

I guess it's a matter of taste. Maltheron is one of the funnest Bane heroes for me.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Maltheron lolz at pushes He's like "LOL WTF IS A DRAGON?" as he drops a emberspark and then voidstorms.

wallow00
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by wallow00 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:38 pm

i think maltheron is the funnest bane hero to use, mainly cause i <3 Cauterize. Especially when Dag is your ally.
-It's not about what i want, it's about what's fair. You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. Well, the world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is fate. Unbiased, unprejudiced ... fair.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Caut, cleave, stomp, repeat, = lulz

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:V&Z is bugged currently to heal twice the listed amount, which is an obvious accidental imbalance. (Similar to Voidstorm dealing 60% bonus damage in previous versions, a simple overlooking) Anyways, he doesn't give nearby allies condition immunity, since being immune is a far cry better than simply removing the conditions. Additionally, the rebalances correct his overpowered problem very effectively upon testing.

I still have Absolution Aura reducing a blazing 60% of damage because I freakin' love that ability and its battle influence. Also, with the allied recuperation limited a bit in .09c on his other abilities, he's going to be a very susceptible target in his own right. He has no veritable self-heal and none of his skills even work on himself. (Sans the passive half of V&Z)

Still, Oxy, nothing on Victor can usurp the most impacting base-killer ability in DoE title from Discord.
I know that all, I'm merely copy pasting the cries from everyone I've played with and against. I personally thought that victor was fine, except FoH that could use a 8 sec cd or so. And then again, noob victor fails against backing up.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Old skin, old spells.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:19 am

Old thread, new threadomancy.
This is becoming deja vu Sera, stop before it becomes another problem.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”