Kassar

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
GtGW
Champion Noobite

Kassar

Post by GtGW » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Kassar makes me cry tears of joy. Although not as intimidating as Daggurnott in terms of condition absorption, Kassar effectively uses conditions against the Bane, especially when backed by allied support. I do feel though that his Fassat' El Afreet sees a bit less use with the addition of Parhelios' ranged blind. Also the rate at which it procs Prevailing Winds is somewhat low, but for balance issues it must be considering the AOE is rather sizeable.

I dunno, but I'd like some of your opinions over the application of Fassat' El Afreet as I don't think I've done it any justice with the way I've played with Kassar thus far.

P.S: Kassar is ridiculous vs Skittles and Jhita xD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Kassar

Post by pandamanar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Personally... I think Kassar needs to be up't a tier in movement speed. Hes just SO SLOW! Even with Shifting Sands I can't catch up to any of my enemies to AoE spam them to death! I dislike having a hero who I blow chunks with without 4+ boots or a tele-rod. I am possibly the worst Kassar player for this reason. I just get annihilated when I try to break the gap between myself and my target to AoE spam them, and running away after it is impossible due to the cripple... :(
Up his movement speed or change the cripple to maim, IMO.

[edit] Also, I agree. Jhita causes so many conditions! :^) Both Dis and Kassar face-rape him when he unleashes his barrage of sex-sploding-ness.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 pm

It's not about chasing the enemy down, it's about catching them with their pants down.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 pm

If you get them from behind with shifting sand and manage to use it with a good timing combined with the AoE knockdown they're pretty hurt.
But fassat is kinda meh, i don't really like it. Blinds you? Its countered in so many ways and make you unable to attack ennemies, which should be the point. Verte just lol when he faces kassar. So does atrius.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 am

Flameboy wrote:If you get them from behind with shifting sand and manage to use it with a good timing combined with the AoE knockdown they're pretty hurt.
Actually, after the shifting sands' cooldown reached 1/2, that's where the buff ends. So it's kinda lol when enemies got knocked down by his first skill then Shifting Sands :P
But fassat is kinda meh, i don't really like it. Blinds you?
Chase the crap out of someone without attacking. I think the Blind is there to guide new players to not-attacking when having fassat on.

But then, you could always buy optical amulet and get benefits from Fassat's ruin. Hmm...
Its countered in so many ways and make you unable to attack ennemies, which should be the point. Verte just lol when he faces kassar. So does atrius.
Atrius is quite lol when he had sandstorm on Kassar, too. So that's quite even.

Also, Verty is an effective counter to Kassar, of course...I agree with you on that.

(But you forgot Tornne and countless others.)

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm

could always buy optical amulet
Unfortunatly you wouldn't use ult anymore, but thats an idea I had not considered. The skill would not proc the ult but be a perma AoE ruin + AoE damage.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 pm

It'd feel like Discharge plus ruin :P.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:40 pm

GtGW wrote: I do feel though that his Fassat' El Afreet sees a bit less use with the addition of Parhelios' ranged blind.
What? Fassat doesn't blind, it ruins... and ruin synergizes with both knockdowns... and the blind ( the blind is on yourself, get it right ) makes your ultimate procc, which adds even more damage. Ruin is about -30% damage, and if you manage to desert, gale, and desert someone again, that's a 90% bonus to your spells, not to mention the wind proccs, and that's without the damage. Activating fassat for 6 seconds would yeld 60 damage, 2 proccs of 100 damage, 30% more damage on 200*3, which is, in total 340. I'll take it.
GtGW wrote:Also the rate at which it procs Prevailing Winds is somewhat low, but for balance issues it must be considering the AOE is rather sizeable.
30 DPS + 50 damage every 3 second, can be taken down to every 2 or 1.5 with the right items... can be taken to 100 damage per attack with firebrand + drakescale, that's pretty ridiculous
GtGW wrote:P.S: Kassar is ridiculous vs Skittles and Jhita xD
duly noted

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 am

30 DPS + 50 damage every 3 second,
Sozen does 100 without having to blind himself, and he runs faster so he can keep up easier, and can also have 75% blind.
Sure it goes away faster but it kills alot faster too, and sozen has ways of getting his mana back. Kassar doesn't.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 am

Flameboy wrote:
Sozen does 100 without having to blind himself, and he runs faster so he can keep up easier, and can also have 75% blind.
Sure it goes away faster but it kills alot faster too, and sozen has ways of getting his mana back. Kassar doesn't.
Comparing individual skills on heroes, even comparing individual heroes, isn't going to be the most accurate. Different heroes have different purposes.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 am

And Kassar is a tank for god's sake.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Ahaha. Just like Stille is a pusher.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Flameboy wrote:
Sozen's costs 54 health per second to keep up, if you're going to compare skills AT LEAST try to consider everything

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:16 pm

And he can regenerate 400 instantly.
And 50 on attacks...

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Flameboy wrote:And he can regenerate 400 instantly.
Every 2 minutes. That's a while in combat.
Flameboy wrote:And 50 on attacks...
Which he has to lose his speed boost and evasion to regain.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”