Jhita Bonz

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
GtGW
Champion Noobite

Jhita Bonz

Post by GtGW » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:44 pm

I have read over quite alot of complaints pertaining to Jhita's 'Imba' status, most notably his status as a nearly-inescapable and nearly un-killable hero of speed and simple mechanics. I agree that his skills are somewhat high damage output by comparison to many heroes and that it measures unfairly. However as many others have pointed out, Jhita is EXTREMELY fragile. His 880 hp at lvl 18 is a glaring weakness not many heroes exploit.

This does not mean he doesn't excel in a 1v1 environment, but Desert of Exile is a TEAM-BASED game. As such, his hit-and-run tactics provide less support to his allies as he cannot effectively defend himself while he is on the offense:

When he attacks, he must stand still.

When he moves to evade incoming attacks, he is unable to attack.

For the most part, heroes that SHOULD fight him end up fleeing and die to his superior speed. Hopefully with the new nerf coming up, the weakness of Jhita can become more apparent and less complaints of 'Imba' are spouted. On that note, there are a few other points I wish to address:

Jhita has 2 spells that require him to not attack, but are undodgeable. Many heroes also have undodgeable spells that may lack the raw power of his spells, however the cooldown and limited AOE of the spell means its suited for a small 1v1 or 2v2 skirmish, not a full blown 4v4 battle in the mid.

Though his standard DPS per attack is high (150 per hit + Ruinous armor reduction), Jhita has limited options in terms of what he can do when he lies within the effective range of enemy heroes. Also any conditions affecting his normal attack effectively shuts him down:

Such as Maim, Blind, and Mute.

With the addition of Parhelios and Tristan, The Order has more than enough support to stave off Jhita. (I know that the heroes effective against Jhita are limited, but there are also limited effective heroes against Tristan so bear with me.)

And as Dusk has already mentioned: Tristan and Jhita were rushed so the balance issues will be addressed
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Jhita Bonz

Post by Flameboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:15 pm

but Desert of Exile is a TEAM-BASED game. As such, his hit-and-run tactics provide less support to his allies
/disagree

I played, and everytime we were about to finally kill dag jihta popped up. We had no choice to run or die. As if we kept attacking dag, jihta would kil us, and if we focused on jihta dag would come back and lol @ us with his knockdown.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Flameboy wrote:
but Desert of Exile is a TEAM-BASED game. As such, his hit-and-run tactics provide less support to his allies
/disagree

I played, and everytime we were about to finally kill dag jihta popped up. We had no choice to run or die. As if we kept attacking dag, jihta would kil us, and if we focused on jihta dag would come back and lol @ us with his knockdown.
Hit and run tactics do not provide 'less" support, they just provide it in a different way. Jhita could lie in wait near a big battle, use his move speed to finish off low heroes, and pick off the remaining ones.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:23 am

Those tactics might seem individualisitic tactics at times, but they always help the team as a whole.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”