Innert is incredibly overpowered

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Innert is incredibly overpowered

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:18 pm

TheIrishPatriot wrote:Except all three of Innert's basic spells eat creeps.

I don't really know Innert well enough to offer an opinion on each side, just random thoughts >.>
sounds like you've just described half the characters in the game, can't really use that as an argument against ol' innert

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20 pm

The only difference is that Spirit Burn heals Innert. That's really it, if it didn't do that then he'd really be in the same boat AK is just with a shitty skill that shoves him into melee combat at potentially inopportune moments.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 am

Yes, it is true that Innert is good at mashing creeps. However, Spirit Burn can force him into battle at bad times, especially if the Spirit is surrounded by creeps when it goes kaboom, leaving you in the middle of a wave which can beat you down to low health very quickly. Plus, with the new Dismission Aura, he now doesn't deal damage per second to them, only ruins them, so your ability to wipe out the wave is greatly reduced.

Think about Schism: it takes time to cast (I think about 3 seconds before the ball explodes and damages the area), making it VERY easy to avoid. Spirit Burn: if you see it, stay away from it (unless you intend to gank him). Dismission Aura: Move around a lot. It's very easy to avoid as long as you don't stop groovin'.

On the positive side, think about this: since Spirit Burn is ranged, it provides a new means of transportation around the battlefield (good for running away).

My overall point being that Innert is just fine the way he is, and I am a happy camper.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 am

I agree, Innert is fine since the nerf, although it makes me sad I can't destroy creep waves as easily.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:27 am

Since what nerf...
/confused

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:32 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Yes, it is true that Innert is good at mashing creeps. However, Spirit Burn can force him into battle at bad times, especially if the Spirit is surrounded by creeps when it goes kaboom, leaving you in the middle of a wave which can beat you down to low health very quickly. Plus, with the new Dismission Aura, he now doesn't deal damage per second to them, only ruins them, so your ability to wipe out the wave is greatly reduced.

Think about Schism: it takes time to cast (I think about 3 seconds before the ball explodes and damages the area), making it VERY easy to avoid. Spirit Burn: if you see it, stay away from it (unless you intend to gank him). Dismission Aura: Move around a lot. It's very easy to avoid as long as you don't stop groovin'.

On the positive side, think about this: since Spirit Burn is ranged, it provides a new means of transportation around the battlefield (good for running away).

My overall point being that Innert is just fine the way he is, and I am a happy camper.
It's not a question that his skills can potentially become useless if you're an idiot with them, but that's about as likely as using riktor's ultimate on nothing at all. Honestly, Innert's abilities may have been designed a certain way, but it's not impossible that they would be used even more effectively (ie on the verge of being superpowered) in another way altogether, no?

Right now, they are.

What would be interesting is if his two abilities had the same cooldowns as they do now, but both muted him. In which case, you couldn't teleport right away and thus, there might actually require caution when placing spirits. His ultimate would allow him to use the abilities offensively, removing the mute effect like it normally does, though they'd otherwise be used defensively. Perhaps the ultimate could become an activatable that drained mana per mute even on him, or something like that. This way, Innert doesn't completely own right off the bat with instablink drain+burn on your ass, and you can actually setup multiple spirits rather than 1 which you detonate instantly, like what usually is done amongst most innert masters.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Your way, he's also relatively useless in hero combat unless his ultimate on. A 'simulated' cooldown via mute not only 'cools down' all of his abilities, but it can be played with by heroes like Tornne to totally obliterate him. He shouldn't be rendered only half-useful before his ultimate unless I make up some bullshit that he's balanced if I make his skills overpowered because he mutes himself.

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:54 am

nah that wouldn't do. I guess it was merely a shot in the dark. The whole idea was to get him to use his spirits more for just an instant effect, and actually make the player want to place them in select locations, rather then how they were currently used. Perhaps if the spirit explosion became more powerful the longer it stayed out on the field (maybe gain X damage and burn per second activated, capping out at a max). This way, you can still use the blink and burn, but it's now more useful if you set it up and let it strengthen. I'm not sure, but what I'm trying to go for is a way to give the players incentive to LEAVE the spirits on the field for more than a half second before detonating, while still giving them the ability to do so if required. A quick blink to kill is one thing, but using it all the time because it's the most effective method, means that this skill might as well be a blink and drain, which i know it was not meant to be...

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:59 am

I think I need to go back to his original idea with lots of stuns and skills interacting with enemies that aren't moving. Anyways, it's all for 1.10, not 1.09c, so we'll see later on.

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:25 am

if you do implement stuff like that, be sure to do ample testing so that there's no QQ from everyone.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 pm

There will be anyways, so who cares.

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”