Melee heroes and you

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Melee heroes and you

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Deschain wrote:Is there an item that gives chance for physical damage to critical (like deal 50% bonus damage) if target is suffering from condition (without some self inflicting condition)?
That'd be extremely unoriginal, and slightly uneffective since melee damage is usually rather low. Again, this item would only benefit a small group. A melee item that'd stun for 1 second would benefit more people.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Weird I thought spell like EoD or Distruction deal physical damage? And why would only melee attack critical when ranged units deal physical damage as well?

EDIT: I think I know what confused you. Ok is there an item like this?
Slicer. Increases damage by 5. Physical damage you deal to units suffering from a condition has 30% chance to double.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Deschain wrote:Weird I thought spell like EoD or Distruction deal physical damage? And why would only melee attack critical when ranged units deal physical damage as well?

EDIT: I think I know what confused you. Ok is there an item like this?
Slicer. Increases damage by 5. Physical damage you deal to units suffering from a condition has 30% chance to double.
Ahh, my bad, I thought you only meant normal attacks. I forgot that some spells are also physical, duh. Well, I guess he could simply merge imperfection to affect both spell types, that's the easy boring way anyways.

Or make a totally different item that'd benefit melee / normal attacks, such as a stun.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:22 pm

How about this?

Desecrator
Physical damage and attacks you dealt to a unit with a condition have 15% chance to extend bleed for 10 seconds.

or

Immobiliem
Physical damage and attacks you dealt to a unit with a condition have 15% chance to extend cripple for 2 second.

or

Talons of the Weak
Physical damage and attacks you dealt to a unit with a condition have 15% chance to deal 25 physical damage per each condition that the unit had.
Attacking units with all sevens conditions on would means just 15% chance to get: 25 x 7 = 175 damage.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 pm

You guys are joking, right? Ever hear of ruin?

Anyhow, assasingao... Those all look like variations of what Dusk had suggested (and is in fact implementing, I believe), just different conditions. Not trying to bash you or anything, but yeah.

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 pm

see, i wanted to mention ruin, but it just seemed too obvious.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:29 pm

assassingao wrote:Talons of the Weak
Physical damage and attacks you dealt to a unit with a condition have 15% chance to deal 25 physical damage per each condition that the unit had.
That's actually a pretty awesome item idea. Although you've initiated an infinite loop if you can keep tripping that 15%. (The item deals physical damage and triggers on physical damage) Easy fix, though, I'd just make the bonus penetrating.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Scarlet wrote:You guys are joking, right? Ever hear of ruin?

Anyhow, assasingao... Those all look like variations of what Dusk had suggested (and is in fact implementing, I believe), just different conditions. Not trying to bash you or anything, but yeah.
Well, typically the ones who really could use ruin can't use the heart of rendabi. (Excluding bleeder/heart combo) I rarely see a rendabi, if ever, I don't even recall seeing them in an IH.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Actually, all of the heroes I'd want HoR on have access to it via one of their skills. It's underrated in its value, really, I mean look at how easily Cloudburst Aura would trigger it for massive extra damage on all of his other skills. (Also, the cool thing about Glyphe is that Lightning Ward triggers HoR too because it adds magickal and not physical damage)

Genobee can make use of it too with Scourge causing 3 conditions at once or his beetles exploding as they are summoned; among others, for sure. Fahren could put it to use too if he were a bit clever. (Flicker would trip it, followed by a good Blaze would not only massively improve Blaze's damage but also increase the burn for a following Flicker) It would actually also be pretty awesome on Stille for communion without extinction. (His attacks do hurt a lot on their own)

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:52 pm

I rarely see Glyphe as it is, and have yet to see a rendabi on him. On fahren, that flicker/blaze/flicker combo would take more mana that it should take, that's about 160 of 500-600 ish mana right there, and you'd need an additional burn to start with. (Unless the initial flicker does ruin w/o the need of the target burning). Most genobees I see completely avoid using the bug skill, so i have yet to see a rendabi there too. Stille isn't really necessary, when I play him, I communion lightning/healing wards or extinction based on how much life they have, and if they have a lot, i just start it off with an extinction. (Of course, you've seen me play enough times as him xD)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Nothing's necessary, but it would make the heroes better to have a HoR. Additionally, just because player's fail with Genobee's bugs or don't pick Glyphe has nothing to do with whether or not the HoR is a valuable addition to their repertoire.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm

I used Glyphe with HoR before. It was awesome. Blink in, mute on attack, maiming axes that deal physical damage, and enemies r ruined. Most heros go down pretty fast when you do that.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 pm

I keep forgetting that ruin also benefits physical damage spells now, damnit.

Too bad rikter has no magick damage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 pm

That was very much intentional, Oxy. (You could buy a Bleeder. :p)

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:15 am

Flameboy wrote:Conditions are supposed to be something bad, now just too many heroes are happy to have them
When you mute dag, he's like ''lol ur muted too now, and deal 20% less dmg to me too''
The reason that they were introduced was (i believe) to provide for a new level of gameplay and new possibilities for condition interaction. Once added, you could no longer just spam conditions on enemies; you had to be careful when applying them so that you don't help enemies. IMO, it was an awesome introduction, and Kassar led that revolution.

I'm here to post an idea; for one-time condition causing items.

For example:

An item which has X charges. When used on an enemy, it bleeds for 6 seconds, but you bleed for 4 seconds.

An item which has 1 charge. Heals the target unit for X, but extends blind on the target.

An item which has 2 charges. Deals X damage to the target and bleeds it for Y seconds, but you take Z damage.

Whatever it is, it involves conditions.

Well, I seriously think items like this could be useful. *Cringes*
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”