"In-house Replays"

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Gafgarion
Noobite Warrior

"In-house Replays"

Post by Gafgarion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 am

So I've played my fair share of DoE public games, but I was wondering what a coordinated, experienced player game might look like. Does anyone have replays of games where mostly 'skilled' players are involved? I'd like to see how DoE plays when players work together instead of someone picking skittel and right-clicking every enemy hero nearby.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: "In-house Replays"

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:08 am

If you see Oxygen. and LordSuzaku on the same team, prepare to crap yourself. ;)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:27 am

To be honest, most in-houses we have are like advanced public games. There's still all the ganking and stuff going on, people switching lanes all the time - the difference is just that everyone knows what they're doing and how things go down, so there's a lot more natural interaction with conditions.

There's been no real attempt at coordination so far, aside from the occasional "uber" hero combo (i.e. Tornne and Exuro, Sozen and Parhelios). We don't pick set teams of heroes, we all just play for fun. The most we have is dedicating someone as the person that gets pooled for buying creeps (happens sometimes, but again, it's not a set-in-stone kind of thing), that sort of thing.

But if you're still interested, then sure, I don't see why I couldn't save a replay or two.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 am

I'll try to remember to save a few, but my memory sucks so I can't guarantee anything. If someone reminds me in-game or whatever I'll be sure to do it though. It's all basically what Scarlet said though, exactly as she said it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:19 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:If you see Oxygen. and LordSuzaku on the same team, prepare to crap yourself. ;)
Hey, is he on the forums?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:52 pm

I found this one from when we played the other day.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3512492/e56 ... 50_PM.html

You have to go to the bottom after all the ads to download it. "Save file to your PC: click here"
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:31 pm

TheIrishPatriot wrote:
SetaSoujirou wrote:If you see Oxygen. and LordSuzaku on the same team, prepare to crap yourself. ;)
Yes, I am LordSuzaku, and Oxy is also on the forums.

Aww, Oxy disconnected out of that game, kind of disappointing, I wanted to see his fabled pro inhouse Stille.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:35 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:
TheIrishPatriot wrote:
Yes, I am LordSuzaku, and Oxy is also on the forums.

Aww, Oxy disconnected out of that game, kind of disappointing, I wanted to see his fabled pro inhouse Stille.
I know, I had such a good start, but power randomly cut out, I was screaming pissed. Especially since it came back 2 seconds later.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Replay #1

You'll need to be registered at www.wc3campaigns.net to download it. Additionally, the path I use for my DoE is "Maps\Download\" That should be all you need.

Gafgarion
Noobite Warrior

Post by Gafgarion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks for the responses, I look forward to checking out the replays. Keep them coming.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:24 am

We just had 3 IHs, one friggin only middle that lasted 1 hr+ where we just left (Order obviously won).
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:18 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:We just had 3 IHs, one friggin only middle that lasted 1 hr+ where we just left (Order obviously won).
I saved that one, hell, how could I not? So many kills, so many deaths. All middle games last too long, but there's so much action, it's great. Everyone had over 8 death, some of the people had 17+ or so. Dunno how to upload it, I'll find something. Rapidshare maybe?

EDIT: http://www.2shared.com/file/3518683/e74 ... assar.html

Try that sir, I hope it's the right one

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Dusk's replay:

As a Stille, He managed to lure 4 of them to def the center so everyone else could fuxpwn the Top.

Good job sir.

EDIT:

My take at Tristan

http://www.2shared.com/file/3518882/9ad ... stan_.html

Really died a lot, but w/e.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 am

Here's another really good game. This had a lot of great players in it, and although there were two leavers, there was only one on each team. Order ended up winning basically because we were able to micro Aurea and the Bane didn't try to micro Exuro. Regardless though, lots of close calls and epic battles.

I was Sozen, ftw. Poor guy needs a buff.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:24 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Here's another really good game. This had a lot of great players in it, and although there were two leavers, there was only one on each team. Order ended up winning basically because we were able to micro Aurea and the Bane didn't try to micro Exuro. Regardless though, lots of close calls and epic battles.

I was Sozen, ftw. Poor guy needs a buff.
Man, that was battle was annoying. First game Lord/Oxy failed, and we had Glasse/Verte too....
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”