30 second revive?

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: 30 second revive?

Post by Flameboy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I noticed this small revival time makes it impossible to play games such as 1v1 or 2v2. You just don't have enough pushing power. It was already pretty hard, but now, the hero revives way too quickly for you to be able to even enter the base

For real games (6vs6), it is indeed a little longer. Maybe you could make it like, heroes from level 1-6 takes x time reviving, 7-12 y time and 13-18 z time. This way the revive is still not too long (nowhere around the dota 2 minutes please), and it gives people the opportunity to push. And a death should be punished. I know we play for fun but if you die, you made a mistake (or your team sucks heh)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Flameboy wrote:And a death should be punished. I know we play for fun but if you die, you made a mistake (or your team sucks heh)
But that's where you're wrong. A death should be a tactical weapon used against an enemy. Many a time I have sacrificed myself or had someone in a game sacrifice themselves and say afterwards "totally worth it." That means that their death had value, it had meaning, that even in death they bred victory. That is what a death should always be.

Also, smaller games are even easier. In a 2v2, you cannot possibly be everywhere at once. In that light, you can push lanes where enemy heroes can't even be! How does revive time impact that at all? Sheesh!
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 pm

But that's not true. What if you do die for doing something really stupid? Not every death is so glamorous.

Lets say you got caught ganked by half a team. You're taken out in what feels like 3 seconds. You didn't even get to cast a spell or run away. You didn't even get one person to run back to base to heal. Was that death a victory? Not everyone is going to pull a total Jesus-save and sacrifice themselves for a team.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Of course, but that's why revives aren't instant and why they give faction/gold. :)

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:04 pm

ReDSeX wrote:But that's not true. What if you do die for doing something really stupid? Not every death is so glamorous.

Lets say you got caught ganked by half a team. You're taken out in what feels like 3 seconds. You didn't even get to cast a spell or run away. You didn't even get one person to run back to base to heal. Was that death a victory? Not everyone is going to pull a total Jesus-save and sacrifice themselves for a team.
So, if you're ganked by half of a team, what should your team be doing when they are gone? Sieging a base is completely uncalled for in that situation. /sarcasm
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Also, smaller games are even easier. In a 2v2,
True, pushing lanes without creeps can be fun.
"totally worth it."
Unless you took out the main base just as you died, or a barrack, a death is rarelly worth it. In inhouses it might be more...true...But in pubbies, I personally see myself as ''more important'' than most of my team, and dying myself will rarelly be worth it. Having them die for me...now thats better :P

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm

*Shrug* Meh, I find killing a tower is worth a death. You revive, the tower doesn't.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 pm

I fully agree with Manty on that one.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Well now its true. In the past it wasn't. Because dying would give the ennemies the chance to cunterpush. Now, the death doesn't matter. I could just keep rushing in hitting the tower all the time. You'd kill me, so what? You won't have time to reach my base that i'm alrdy hitting your tower again.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”