DoE Wiki - Gumunbah "We need your help here"

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: DoE Wiki - Gumunbah "We need your help here"

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:36 pm

assassingao wrote: AotZ v 3.00
/drool

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:
assassingao wrote: AotZ v 3.00
/drool
Too bad Dusk isn't even close to working on 3.0. OD is still on level 6, and that's pretty much all he's working on, I believe.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:49 pm

*administers "the highspeed liquidy stuff"*

3.00 nao pl0x.

Kaizer
Champion Noobite

Post by Kaizer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Give exacts for heros and put up all items.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm

You know, it is a Wiki... if you want to put forth effort, do so, otherwise, realize that not everyone has the free time to just do things because you ask. But no, seriously, do it yourself it you want it up there, otherwise it'll get done whenever someone feels like it, which may be a loooooong time.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Kaizer
Champion Noobite

Post by Kaizer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:26 pm

TheDeathstalker wrote:You know, it is a Wiki... if you want to put forth effort, do so, otherwise, realize that not everyone has the free time to just do things because you ask. But no, seriously, do it yourself it you want it up there, otherwise it'll get done whenever someone feels like it, which may be a loooooong time.
So ignorance truly is bliss eh? He was asking for ideas for what to do next on the wiki, and so i simply answered, if your really going too "bash" my post next time try backing it up with intelligence instead of ignorance. Good day :)

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Kaizer wrote:So ignorance truly is bliss eh? He was asking for ideas for what to do next on the wiki, and so i simply answered, if your really going too "bash" my post next time try backing it up with intelligence instead of ignorance. Good day :)
Please don't misunderstand what I wrote... You replied to a question over two months old without any preface. A contextless answer isn't much of an answer at all. That being what it is, I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but let me just make a quick recommendation: writing off someone's post as ignorant bashing isn't grounds for gaining large levels of respect.

Again though, it IS a wiki... feel free to add anything you want, and just for the sake of non-omniscients like myself, try contextualizing things if they don't relate to comments on the current page of the thread.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:32 am

I'm with Death, here.

If you've got an idea, it's one thing to explain it, but all you did was say "Do this." It doesn't help that the bloody topic title says "We need your help here" and you come off as telling people what to do, so yeah. Also, retorting with a bash about ignorance being bliss? Come on dude, stop overreacting.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm

I don't give a rat's ass what you're going to add to the wiki.

Don't ask for permissions, do it.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 pm

assassingao wrote:I don't give a rat's ass what you're going to add to the wiki.
Well, you probably should since it's on the VZ home page and all. If you won't monitor it to ensure both quality and that it follows the site's rules, we'll need to take it down.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm

I never asked for it in the first place, I was surprised when it was put on the front page. I think it doesn't have enough quality to be on the front page, and I never asked for it personally.

But again, I'm tired because of real life matters, as I've predicted before the school opens.

Basically, I've requested entries to add in the missing icons, and nobody's doing it for me. Nyah, none at all.

The pictures in the wiki are off the bandwidth, and I can't do a ...-ing thing.

Then, it felt better to upload 'em all to imageshack, with their "more stable" uploading. But I'm too lazy to reupload all 60 pictures of those heroes. You don't know how long it takes or how much it frustrated me.

The reason that I uploaded to photobucket in the first place, is because I cared about the outsiders, like foreign countries that aren't in Asia. If I've uploaded to some Thai picture-uploading site, it'd go as slow as shit for you guys.

You can say that there are a lot of image uploaders, give me one link and I'll try to reupload those pics.

I got tired of all these stuff, I've had problems in my life, problems in my e-life, problems this, problems that, stuff like that. It's like a knot that you ties without realizing how much you've tied, then you can't get it all out because the rope is stuck on your legs.
I've got stuff in-progress more than stuff done, seriously.

By saying I don't give a rat's ass about adding something to the wiki; more stuff is better than less stuff inside, don't ask for permissions, don't ask for requests. (except Dusk, of course. Right now I think the wiki is fine the way it is, but I don't know about anything else.)

I was going to say something like; Don't ask for permissions, add it in and I'll take care of it myself.

Note: If it's too harsh or too rude, I apologize, but I've been in some deep shit lately, that's why I haven't been posting much in this forums. This is my initial reaction to Dusk's above reply, when I was upset over something along with my lack of sleep, at 2:30 AM.

This is what happens when I'm serious, a long-assed response, and I don't wanna be serious.

Good Night
-Assassingao

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:34 pm

... And now I feel bad...

Tell you what, I have 2-3 hour gaps in my school day every day, next one of those I get free time on I'll start helping out on that. I guess I could help with the pictures too, although it'd be little more than me taking screenshots of the heroes doing nothing...

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 am

No need to feel bad, give me an image-uploading link so that I can upload it.

Or I'll just upload it to the wiki, for now, just get the missing icons.

EDIT: Not any soon, I've been ridden with lotsa homeworks. And I'll be busy on weekends, so duh.

Kaizer
Champion Noobite

Post by Kaizer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm

ahh twink...i put :) insted of :P

i meant my post as a half comeback half joke thing thats informative and not insulting, didn't turn out that way i suppose.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't take offense. At least not seriously.

I'll just upload the dang pics to my hi5.

EDIT: Reuploaded the pics, no need for photobucket anymore. Yay.
But I still need those icons in the skills. = ='

Return to “Updates & Discussion”