1.09b Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: 1.09b Discussion

Post by snakehawk37 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:16 pm

How about make splinter cell do basically the same thing, but instead of click-target, give it some flight time and make it target a 100-AoE on the ground.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:11 am

snakehawk37 wrote:How about make splinter cell do basically the same thing, but instead of click-target, give it some flight time and make it target a 100-AoE on the ground.
I doubt that was what Dusk meant. I believe he meant that he wanted Splinter Cell to still be a click-shoot spell, but it would only work best in a few generic situations, rather than just as a spell you dump onto a group of Ruined units.

As such, you would have to create the "few generic situations" for maximum damage. (that's where the brain power kicks in)

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:49 am

Couple of random ideas for Jhita, who knows, maybe one of them will actually make sense...

1) Make Explosive Arrows a little less intelligent. Make it so whenever Explosive arrows is activated, the arrows no longer seek, but instead attack ground. If the target is burning, the arrow will instead be somewhat guided to the target.

2) Change the way Splinter Cell triggers. Say you use the skill, then it keeps track of any foes you ruin within the next X (4-6?) seconds, at the end of that time, your normal Splinter Cell effect occurs.

Neither of these are perfect, hell, maybe not even good, but they seem to at least change the dynamic past just a basic point-click level.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”