So, Screw This

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

So, Screw This

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Someone released one of the betas of 1.09 on MEDIA F*CKING FIRE. So f*ck you all, f*ck your wanting 1.09, f*ck everything. If I find out who did it, I will BREAK YOU IN F*CKING HALF.

God, I can't believe this. I trust you people with something I spend f*cking countless WEEKS OF MY LIFE on, and you repay me with this?! With hosting the beta on MEDIAFIRE and posting a link to my God damned beta on some WEBSITE? God damnit, f*ck you all, I am so through with this.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

trendkill
Noobite Warrior

Re: So, Screw This

Post by trendkill » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Wow,

Don't get too upset, it isn't easy to find or anything. I don't even play prerelease games like when TOB was leaked as well.

You can't really trust anyone with prerelease betas, just leave some game breaking bugs and the map locked in the version you release so it is useless anyway.

Stuff like no win trigger or evey hero dies 10 minutes in or something. I don't know how close you are to people that are beta testing the map with you, but I don't see a reason to flip out. I don't actively seek unfinished versions and it is quite sad to hear that you would drop it because of this. Just find out who you can't trust (doesn't mediafire require an account to upload? Does it tell you who did it?) and throw the scorn their direction.

You had a really good creation, that is no less good because it was leaked. All that was tarnished after something like this is the reputation of a tester that would breach his trust. The other people patiently waiting and not in beta testing are still waiting, and will be just as grateful to play the game once it is released.

(I said the same thing with TOB devs were flipping out, they didn't care, but it seems like it gets blown way out of proportion)

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:05 pm

i have to agree with trend. Its your choice whether or not you want to continue DoE (as it has always been), but i see no reason why having a beta floating around somewhere on the web should discourage you. I can understand the violation of your trust being a big reason for this post but, like trend said, everyone wants to play the finished product anyhow.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Deschain wrote:
People usually try to screw you over. People you don't know (over Internet for example) are far worst case. Lesson learned. Move on.
Well, dude you didn't spend week after week on it, you wouldn't know by Dusk's reaction he's spent A LOT OF TIME into this map. Trying to make it the best he can, you are not the one who's making this you wouldn't know.

I know I sound like a f*g for saying that but you haven't done anything like this, so you wouldn't know.
Last edited by Thanatos on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:07 pm

You have to see it from his perspective. DoE as a whole is something he's worked on for a good long while now and is very passionate about, so when someone that participated in a simple test disrespects his wishes like this, it can go a long way.

Shad0w
Noobite Warrior

Post by Shad0w » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:10 pm

I say your first priority is to find out who you trust and who you don't.

Second salvage what you can and continue working on the map.

Third find the culprit and take everything from them.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:10 pm

This is true. Still, it's no reason to quit.

1.09 is still gonna be the best out there, and then the beta will be long forgotten.

Don't give up, Duskie! :)
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Agreed, figure out who leaked the map, and twink them over. Seeing as how they apparently enjoy the map so much, last I checked there was a lot of ways to make them unable to play it.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Great job wasting dusk's, as well as artists, and to a lesser extent, everyone for waiting and for making suggestions and trying to improve the game.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I agree. We should lynch the foul creature who would do such a thing...
:( I really hope you don't quit though... we really do enjoy everything you've ever worked on.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:37 pm

I was going to spend today making special effects, but twink that. I'm just getting it as bare-minimally done and releasing it. You know, I originally posted this thinking I had locked it, I really didn't want any discussion to happen. Regardless of what some of you think, saying "LOL IT WUZ BUND TO HAPNN" or that I should chill out is ridiculous. Do you know how many hours I've spent on this version alone? No? Because twink, I don't either, but it's more than I'd like to admit.

Currently, DoE 1.09 has been saved 3398 times since I started it (That's just this version). Maybe that's an indication of just how many tests I've put into it, but more than that it's an indication that unlike the faggot that uploaded my beta somewhere, I actually give a rat's ass about this game.

Now twink off, I'm going to get it done as half-assed as possible.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:48 am

With this confession, I am banning both users from this website. Forever.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:23 pm

More proof of Styrofoam's involvement, if it was ever questioned in the first place.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”