Questions on Ruin

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Questions on Ruin

Post by VZManticoran » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Kay, good. Because I know in 1.08b and before you mostly had to guess which were physical and which magic.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Detailed tooltips?

Epic.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Mundaine
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mundaine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 pm

This is gonna sound really stupid, but isn't correct spelling "magical"? What's with the k? It's the dumbest question in the world, I know, it just irks me to no end whenever I read the tool tip and see that fandangled (i actually spelled it out because it's a funny word) 'k'.

BTW, since we have ruin, dontcha think there should be a condition for having reduced magical defense?

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Mundaine wrote:This is gonna sound really stupid, but isn't correct spelling "magical"? What's with the k? It's the dumbest question in the world, I know, it just irks me to no end whenever I read the tool tip and see that fandangled (i actually spelled it out because it's a funny word) 'k'.
It's just the way that Dusk likes to spell it. It's used that way in other places too, though none come to mind.
Mundaine wrote:BTW, since we have ruin, dontcha think there should be a condition for having reduced magical defense?
This has been discussed many times before also. I believe the conclusion was that it would be unnecessary and there would be too many conditions.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 am

The reason there isn't a magickal spell reduction condition is the same reason that there isn't a mute for attacking condition, or a 75% chance for spells to misfire when cast condition. The conditions are unique in their application with regards to each other, just because one exists doesn't mean its complement must exist as well.

And magickal is a result of how I was raised. Dialect, I blame -- Armor and armour, judgement and judgment, magic and magick.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 am

I don't think we need another condition, the current mix is totally enough for everything.

I like magickal a lot better than magical. Makes more sense to me.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

I don't see any players saying "Omg, wtf is this? There's a k in magical, like, wtf. I'm going back to dota, this is gay."

I'm the Canadian that spells everything American. Microsoft Word did it to me.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Yeah, just go in single player and to the hero test thing.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Dag can inflict mute on attack in a pretty large AoE

Return to “Updates & Discussion”