Muniez

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Muniez

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Yap, a lot less than you did in 1.08, but you get it nonetheless.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon May 19, 2008 3:11 pm

You get gold if your creeps kill the enemy creep, and that gold is shared between you and your allies. If you kill a creep with last hiting you get 100% of the gold, and your allies get nothing. Simply... brilliant.

Fulla
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Fulla » Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Soul_Reaver wrote:You get gold if your creeps kill the enemy creep, and that gold is shared between you and your allies. If you kill a creep with last hiting you get 100% of the gold, and your allies get nothing. Simply... brilliant.
Oh didnt realise you get 100% for last hit?
But then theres no difference if its just you on your own, with creeps killing^
Last edited by Fulla on Mon May 19, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon May 19, 2008 3:14 pm

I suppose...

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Mon May 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Fulla wrote:
Soul_Reaver wrote:You get gold if your creeps kill the enemy creep, and that gold is shared between you and your allies. If you kill a creep with last hiting you get 100% of the gold, and your allies get nothing. Simply... brilliant.
Oh didnt realise you get 100% for last hit?
But then theres no difference if its just you on your own, with creeps killing^
No, I think he was comparing the two. Gold works exactly like experience in 1.09.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah, gold works exactly like experience in 1.09, however it doesn't split. In this light, it rewards players for sticking together by making creeps and towers thus worth more gold. (Hey, team game, ding ding)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon May 19, 2008 5:37 pm

What I meant about farming earlier is that if you can't control/last hit creeps after playing years of Wc3 maps it shows a lack of effort on your part.

Why should you be rewarded for not being able to control/last hit creeps if you can simply stand there (I mean, exp alone for standing around is usually enough for me) and gain gold as fast if not faster than your comrades if you splurge your money on units but don't know how to use your hero?

However, the very nature of AoS maps should prevent noobies from taking advantage of this system because of more experienced players who can gank and control creeps more effectively. If Wc3 had only noobs this system wouldn't do anything, but we have plenty of experienced players that can outperform noobies and make the system more dynamic and team based than in previous versions.

Thumbs up from me, just kind of sharing my thought process here.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Why would you be penalysed for having delay? Like you aren't enough already, if you have to also hit creeps at a perfect timing.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 pm

vesuvan wrote:The biggest complaint I have is the furiously popular myth that last-hitting is required to add "skill" in the game. I'm going to be completely honest here, taking pride in the skill of last-hitting is pathetic. It's about as interesting as mastering the skill of blowing paint dry.

Last hitting in DoE is like carpentry. In carpentry, you need skills with math, logic, creativity, and patience. If you have completed your wooden work of art, and have some time before the deadline, with absolutely NOTHING else to do, it might be a good idea to blow on the paint to make it dry quicker.

DoE is the exact same way, just maybe after you are done pushing, sneaking, dodging, attacking, and finishing an intense team battle, you might have some time among the intense moments where trying to last hit a creep will yield a little benefit.

DotA, on the other hand, is like having a sport stadium with every seat sold, Each fan waving big foam hands screaming at the two teams of five players screaming "woohoo! blow that paint dry!"

This is why I support last hit creep systems, yet hate dota. Systems that give gold in an area from dead creeps are just attempts to fix gameplay that puts to much value in last hits in the first place.
Wtf? So you support it, but its pathetic?

Your logic baffles me

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon May 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Yeah, gold works exactly like experience in 1.09, however it doesn't split. In this light, it rewards players for sticking together by making creeps and towers thus worth more gold. (Hey, team game, ding ding)
Okay, so what kind of mapmaker alien are you, anyway? A human can't get this much of ideas to implent. :D

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Mon May 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Wtf? So you support it, but its pathetic?

Your logic baffles me
There is another kind of animal that does not understand logic, yet latches onto a few words a person says and repeats them. If you are going to dispute me, do it better than a parrot could.

I said that systems that try to fix last hitting are only fixing a symptom of a greater disease which is gameplay that makes such meticulous farming necessary. A common cause of this is gameplay that is so slow that players often have nothing better to do than farm, or if the items are overpowered. Both of these traits are those of DotA.

I hope DoE is an exception though. I remember back when the boots where changed. It was a fairly small change, but it effected the gameplay and item strategies in wonderful ways. DoE Never rewarded putting more focus on last hitting than hitting a hero, so I have no problem with the new system. This is a very minor change it seems, but I thought the same about the boots, and I look forward to it exceeding my expectations.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Mon May 19, 2008 7:40 pm

I have great faith that it will be positively fantabulous.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon May 19, 2008 11:33 pm

vesuvan wrote:There is another kind of animal that does not understand logic, yet latches onto a few words a person says and repeats them. If you are going to dispute me, do it better than a parrot could.

I said that systems that try to fix last hitting are only fixing a symptom of a greater disease which is gameplay that makes such meticulous farming necessary. A common cause of this is gameplay that is so slow that players often have nothing better to do than farm, or if the items are overpowered. Both of these traits are those of DotA.

I hope DoE is an exception though. I remember back when the boots where changed. It was a fairly small change, but it effected the gameplay and item strategies in wonderful ways. DoE Never rewarded putting more focus on last hitting than hitting a hero, so I have no problem with the new system. This is a very minor change it seems, but I thought the same about the boots, and I look forward to it exceeding my expectations.
Like I said earlier, if you can't last hit and deny after all this time...wow; and you know what you do to stop farming?

Durr just gank them!

Its especially easy in DoE because of the terrain.

I could go on and on about the subject, but the short explanation is this:
  • Change tactics.
    Adapt to situations.
    Put your enemy off Balance.
    Win.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue May 20, 2008 6:06 am

CAPW, for short.

So does that mean that the constant trickle of gold is removed, Dusk, with this extra gold?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue May 20, 2008 11:10 am

I don't think the "gold-regen" will be removed.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”