Muniez

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Muniez

Post by Deschain » Tue May 20, 2008 11:40 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:You know, it's funny you mention this.... Because I've had it changed to the experience-style of gold gain for months now.
Change Log wrote:[X] - Killing units now distributes gold to all nearby heroes to the kill
What version change log is this? 1.09 I presume :P

Is the amount of gold for the unit killer and the nearby killers the same?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Yup, 100% the same. If it weren't the same, it wouldn't achieve what I wanted to achieve anyways. The point is to remove focus from last hitting and place it elsewhere, namely on your target enemy hero.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 pm

You know, I can see a problem arising if structures provide gold too. A team would be greatly benefited by destroying an expansion with all six players present. If everyone in range receives, say, 200 gold for destroying the expo then your team would lose 200 gold for everyone that didn't help or was busy pushing/defending another location.

If you agree that this is a problem, I see two solutions. A global monetary reward for destroying structures or no monetary reward at all.

edit: This may even extend to defending and pushing. Destroying large creep waves will no longer be done by a single player because it wastes potential gold. Players effectively become gold multipliers.
Last edited by Merlin on Tue May 20, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue May 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Or just make it so that the structure only benefits the killer?

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 pm

The point of this system is to eliminate the 'last hit'. If creeps destroy the expansion, and they probably will with super creeps, your gold is lost.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Tue May 20, 2008 9:53 pm

The money should be divided for every hero around above 2. So if there 3 heroes, they get half gold. If there 4 heroes, they get 1/3 gold.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue May 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Or make it all go to the killer unless creeps kill it, in which case, split it evenly among present heroes.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue May 20, 2008 9:58 pm

I quite like promoting the team to work together, though. I mean, I haven't really said anything about it until now, but structures also give 1 faction to each hero in the area when they die. In this fashion, hero killers aren't the only ones who can pimp their rides. I feel terrible when I'm Victor and play a defensive build -- Sure, I don't die and my creeps push, but hell if I can buy myself anything cool.

In my humble opinion, it's not about wasting potential gold, it's about gaining extra gold. Is the cup half empty or half full? I mean look at the current situation... You gain a higher net gold by letting the guy with a 20 streak kill heroes than spreading the love a bit. Does that mean everyone else should just stop hurting enemies when they fall under 200 life? God no, they keep fighting. This extends to structures as well, since I know damned well that I'm not going to stop what I'm doing and ignore every other base just to kill that tower next to my team. I mean what is more important, your other base not exploding? Or that one faction and 150g you can grab by ignoring it? In this same sense, there's a bit of denial to be had in that you can save an allied base and keep an enemy hero from gaining that gold and faction.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue May 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Is the cup half empty or half full?
I'll bet that in practice you're right, I was just pointing out an observation I had made.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Or you can use some gold for workers and make them repair the damaged tower so that it's harder for the enemy team to gain gold and faction.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”