Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Deschain wrote:Wyrm from ZO? You were all like oh shi-.
I have said it before and I will say it again; ZO is based on my lore, it is not canon. Zivyral is not a wyrm, that is just a textbook word Kaome chose to describe him. The character Kao was referring to, though, was indeed Zivyral.
assassingao wrote:Wait, is he not the Council Member: Agony? Then I was wrong, then.
Oh blah, that's what I get for rushing, I mixed him up. He is the Council Member of Agony, but the Voidwalker of Corruption. There ya' go.
assassingao wrote:What about the prophet?
He is a temporary husk functioning as Zivyral's avatar.
Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Doesn't Zivyral work for Kephket? If so, I think Zivyral is corruption since he spreads Shadow(lol) because Kephket is the council member of shadow?
Uh, nope. Zivyral and Kephket are their own greater voidwalkers, each complete with different armies and so forth.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Deschain wrote:Wyrm from ZO? You were all like oh shi-.
I have said it before and I will say it again; ZO is based on my lore, it is not canon. Zivyral is not a wyrm, that is just a textbook word Kaome chose to describe him. The character Kao was referring to, though, was indeed Zivyral.
I understand this, it is just I was unsure if the character is truly Zivyral.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 pm

From the description, it can be none other than him. I think the ambiguity was intentional for storyboard suspense, though.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:23 am

Is there any kind of story behind the massive trebuchets on the Order and Bane, and why they're so similar?
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 pm

That is design. Otherwise one of them would've been completely annihilated before the war even began.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Eh, filesize, consistency in the map. In reality, there were siege engines, but they were the Order's. The bane had all but been crumpled by the first war; Azzr was strong, but he couldn't beat the entire Order and KD alone. The Bane, however, did have some siege engines (Not WC3 ones...) left over, though nothing to really shake a stick at.

Psiclone
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm

I assume that since you've said that many of the Wc3 models look nothing like what they portray in lore, that the faction merchants are not actually pandas. Although I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like something you would use in an epic storyline.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Pandas don't exist in the world of AotZ. I just think that what I use for a merchant really doesn't matter, so I used pandas for cool-factor.

AnemicRoyalty

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Baneites (everybody's favourite bluchix'n'bludoodz) - besides the skintone, are there any other physiological differences between them and humans? For example height, build, facial features, hair colour, eye colour etc.
offtopic

also, I've finished unwrapping you-know-who so I'll catch you on MSN whenever you're free :)

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:53 pm

also, I've finished unwrapping you-know-who so I'll catch you on MSN whenever you're free
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Voldemort is in AotZ?!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 pm

No one of consequence, children of the VZ. No one of consequence.
AnemicRoyalty wrote:Baneites (everybody's favourite bluchix'n'bludoodz) - besides the skintone, are there any other physiological differences between them and humans? For example height, build, facial features, hair colour, eye colour etc.
Much of their evolution is the same barring a few things. They are very fair-skinned, they would get really bad sunburn in normal sunlight, their hair is very thin and most of them simply don't have any. Those who do have hair usually have white, grayish, or pale blue colors, anything different is dyed. Their eye colors follow mostly the same pattern as humans.

Otherwise, they run the gamut of heights, physical builds, and so forth that normal humans do.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Do they generally LIKE running around with clubs or are they just as intelligent (and at times retarded) as humans? And are they given to similar emotions and actions like betrayal and the like?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Seems that the WC3 models aren't entirely accurate in that they're not super-mutated with tentacles and such, says Dusk. And the unit quotes sound pretty human... Other than, well, being crazy, but there are humans like that.
Can you hear them?

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 pm

I was wondering.

Since Glasse can bend light to make his allies invisible or even himself, is it possible that he could direct light onto light sensitive paper to create images or even bend light in certain places to cause it to reflect in the shape of an object(Creating Mirror Images)?

Where do the Khamsin live? Under the sand? I think one time it brought up when you guys were talking about Glyphe, Stille, Kassar. I was just wondering.

Is Maltheron more of a mage? Or a hardcore melee person? Because in ZO he doesn't seem all that weak, it's more like if your stripped of his ability to call down meteors and fire, he could beat the crap out of you with his hands... Another thing... Can Maltheron cause the force of gravity to change around him?

:O
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Return to “Updates & Discussion”