Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu May 22, 2008 10:25 pm

About as many people know where it is as people in the United States know where Uzbekistan is.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri May 23, 2008 6:43 am

Near Turkey? xD
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri May 23, 2008 10:44 am

2 questions:

1. Is Mutuo ever going to come back to AotZ (or join DoE)?

2. Isn't Mutuo based on Miyamoto Musashi, the author of the Go Rin No Sho (Book of Five Rings)?

actually, I have another question as well: After the Order's defeat at the Desert of Exile, why doesn't Vertejaune lead the assault on the Hallowed Crystalis in AotZ? Also, why did Arro switch from Fire to Telekinetics between DoE and AotZ?
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Fri May 23, 2008 11:33 am

actually, I have another question as well: After the Order's defeat at the Desert of Exile, why doesn't Vertejaune lead the assault on the Hallowed Crystalis in AotZ? Also, why did Arro switch from Fire to Telekinetics between DoE and AotZ?
Let's see, because he is? Just because he isnt in the hero selection doesnt mean he isnt there

Why for arro? Let's see, if you read his storyline, he never knew he had telekinetics until a tower fell and he stopped it, he was just beginning to tap into his potential in DoE, fire was what he knew

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri May 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Is Mutuo ever going to come back to AotZ (or join DoE)?
Incredibly unlikely.
Greenspawn wrote:Isn't Mutuo based on Miyamoto Musashi, the author of the Go Rin No Sho (Book of Five Rings)?
....No, that is just what Black_Stan made the model based on........
Greenspawn wrote:Also, why did Arro switch from Fire to Telekinetics between DoE and AotZ?
Read his stories, they explain it. Targ gave a brief overview above.
Greenspawn wrote:After the Order's defeat at the Desert of Exile, why doesn't Vertejaune lead the assault on the Hallowed Crystalis in AotZ?
Because first of all it is a defensive battle for the Bane, ergo no assault at all. Second of all, Exuro runs the council, not Vert. Third of all, Vert was there, but wasn't at the Forsaken One at the time. The battle at AotZ is much larger than what you see in the map.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 pm

What will happen if the Void collapsed on itself?

All life in the Void that we knew of would die, right?

Also, what did the "God of War" do besides enchanting Astelan's weapon? (The ones that Astelan and Victor worshipped) What powers did he have? (since you said that his power is counterpart to Anick's)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri May 23, 2008 2:14 pm

assassingao wrote:What will happen if the Void collapsed on itself?
All life in the Void that we knew of would die, right?
What does it sound like would happen..?
assassingao wrote:Also, what did the "God of War" do besides enchanting Astelan's weapon? (The ones that Astelan and Victor worshipped) What powers did he have? (since you said that his power is counterpart to Anick's)
Uhm, it's not so cut and dry as being able to list them... He's a warrior more or less, pure fighter, weapon enchantments, stuff like that.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:16 pm

dusk i remember u saying that a void walker or avw could only enchant one person of the evolving races with its power, trying to enchant any more would cause the vw/avw to die, but isnt both victor and astelan champions(forget the real name for these right now) of the god of war? or is it just astel?
I swear to drunk im not god.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Fri May 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, don't they both use the same weapon? (Apparently the current Vic hammer isn't accurate, but with the new model...)

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Pigger wrote:Well, don't they both use the same weapon? (Apparently the current Vic hammer isn't accurate, but with the new model...)
The lionblade, I presume?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 pm

BD423 wrote:dusk i remember u saying that a void walker or avw could only enchant one person of the evolving races with its power, trying to enchant any more would cause the vw/avw to die, but isnt both victor and astelan champions(forget the real name for these right now) of the god of war? or is it just astel?
Noooooo. Astelan and Victor aren't avatars of the AVW of War, they just get minor powers from him. It's only life-threatening to the AVW/VW if the bond is made that causes the other to become an avatar.

From the old topic:
Me wrote:They are created by whatever means, it doesn't matter. Genobee was constructed by thousands upon thousands of corpses over the course of centuries. It is all in the final step, where the greater voidwalker or antivoidwalker imbues a part of its own power into the being. This imbuement links the avatar to the AVW/VW beyond life and death. Once bound, there can be no other avatar for that AVW/VW because they could not sustain the required power. If for instance Exuro attempted to bind another avatar, he would be destroyed in the binding and both his new avatar and Azzr would cease to exist.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat May 24, 2008 2:14 am

If a VW or an AVW has an avatar, and that avatar dies, can the VW/AVW bind another avatar? Or is this a one-time chance?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 24, 2008 2:25 am

It's a bond that can be renewed if the avatar dies, but takes a long time to regain the power to do it. Recall that an avatar carries a portion of the VW/AVW's powers within it, and it takes forever to get that back if it can even be obtained again.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat May 24, 2008 7:23 am

Can the bond to the Avatar be undone, even though the Avatar is still alive?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 24, 2008 10:48 am

Sure, but it would be illogical to do so. You can't just yank the 'power' (Terrible wording..) back out of an avatar after you've put it in, it isn't feasible, so it would be ridiculous to make an avatar and then go back on it. You might as well be shooting yourself in the foot.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”