Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by Pigger » Tue May 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Yea, Scamp, Chips, and Ort are all imps, I know for certain Ort's power is that of fusion, fusing things together a la brick in the face. Chips however, I can't fully recall (Because Ort > All Imps), I was thinking Ice but I'm not 100% on it. Ort dies somewhere along the line before AotZ (I believe) and who really cares about Chips...

Yea..I'll let Dusk just explain it all.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Tue May 20, 2008 11:39 pm

WHO CARES ABOUT CHIPS!?!?!?!
ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!

Fish and Chips...BRILLIANT!
Who would fight that?
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 am

Phox wrote:...And who is Qurahtas?
Qurahtas is the Left Hand of the Dragon, he is the Endbringer. He's the voidwalker of evolution, and by his very definition, he is the end of evolution. He is a warrior that has never lost a battle because he adapts to his enemies and perfects his own fighting style to eliminate the particular foe. Enemies in most cases have been known to kill themselves rather than face him in battle.
Steve wrote:On the topic of who exactly is who, who's Chips and Ort? I know they're similar to Scamp (and have heard Ort does pretty cool stuff... like fusing bricks to faces...), but that's about it. What are they exactly?
Chips and Ort are 2 of the 3 imps in the world. They're lesser voidwalkers that by some combination of circumstances and powers managed to force their way into the antivoid. The process basically mutates them beyond recognition and drives them absolutely out of their mind. This also compresses their powers into very unique forms, allowing them to project their powers in a more engulfing manner than normal.
Phox wrote:I seem to recall Chips being the main enemy in Advent Vertigo; he's an imp, but that's about all I remember.
He was planned to be the 'final' boss, but he's certainly not the mastermind behind AV or anything like that. No one would put an imp in charge, that's asking for things to go wrong.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed May 21, 2008 12:55 am

Can we know what the Imps; Scamp, Chips, and Ort, looked like before the process took it's toll on the three?

(Or, more like what they used to be or what they were)
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 21, 2008 2:00 am

They were lesser voidwalkers of little consequence, there's no actual value to knowing what they were before.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed May 21, 2008 6:00 am

What is Meridia's story and why did she became Zivy's right hand?

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed May 21, 2008 10:21 am

Also how did Qurahtas become a left hand of Zivyral ? It was trust isn't it?
Why wouldn't Zivyral send Quarhtas to finish off Anick when he was weakend?

How come Greel came to be? He passed through a rip between worlds or something?
Who was he before? Just a peasant or did he possess some thirst for power or knowledge beforehand?
Maybe like a royal or a schoolar?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed May 21, 2008 11:08 am

http://valorz.3.forumer.com/index.php?s ... 153&st=210
the old topic wrote:Okay, let's go back to the cataclysm that split the world into the void and antivoid. There were evolving races back then too! Most of them were destroyed by the cataclysm, some were thrown randomly off into the two new realms and ended up evolving into what we have now in terms of evolving races, but others... Others still had most unfortunate fates.

Grayl was a member of a very simple evolving race. He didn't do anything special, he had a different name, he had a life, perhaps a family, and so forth. However, he lived in the far north, near the northern pole of the planet. It was here where the cataclysm first struck the planet, tearing it asunder. Being struck by such force incinerated everything and tore a hole into the center of the planet at the place now known as Land's End. Being struck by such raw energy, however, preserved some of the mortals there in an ethereal and suspended state. Many of them dissipated as the energy engulfed the entire planet and exhausted itself, but at least one did not. The one I refer to is Grayl.

Why is he named Grayl? Why is he on the Bane? Why does he have decaying and atrophy powers? More importantly, why is he in the antivoid and not the void? Would he not be a member of both? Well, to that I respond 'Exactly.' He is a ghost, a shadow of a former life, he doesn't exist to exact vengeance or lust or pain, he exists because he cannot not exist. He learns and gains powers based on what he experiences, based on what he encounters, based on what he thinks. He doesn't seek answers as to why he exists, he merely seeks to exist as a result of his existence. He isn't good nor evil and he exists in both the void and the antivoid. He can travel freely between both, and he has, experiencing both the wars that perturb the Void and the corruption that tears apart the antivoid.

Why is he on the Bane? Because he is his own entity and is not bound to any of them in any way, shape, or form. He chooses to be among the Bane to learn from them, to see what he can extract from them. He is ultimately using them only to cast them aside when they are of no more use. Also, the Order has a tendency to attack figures of his stature and appearance on sight and they have little to teach him that he cannot learn from the Bane.

His powers are as they are because they are what he has experienced the most. He has existed for centuries as he is now, and the only thing that remains constant about the world other than himself is that everything dies and returns to dust. It is from this that he knows what he knows now... Being able to accelerate the death of those he encounters with a mere touch.

And that's really the story of Grayl.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 21, 2008 11:52 am

assassingao wrote:What is Meridia's story and why did she became Zivy's right hand?
Wait for 1.09, it's in her story.
Deschain wrote:It was trust isn't it?
No. Unwavering loyalty doesn't have to be trustworthy.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Good then, when it's in her story, it's easy for references.

Next, what did Glasse's life become after the second war? (DoE)

I mean, he never retires, right? So there must be something wacky that he did after that.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Retires? This is not the world you live in dude, you can't "retire". And it's nothing wacky, the second war never ended, it's still going on during AotZ.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed May 21, 2008 8:34 pm

I habz a question. Who and what is exactly Hanz?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed May 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Hanzaemon Takenuma is one of the primary instructors at a monastery in a valley at the center of the stonewall mountain range. This is the same monastery that raises those monks that include Brother Scillio. He left the monastery when Scillio was sent to help the Order, knowing well that his place was to be of as much use as possible. The reason he can communicate is because those in the monastery that become instructors are those who complete the training but refuse the final step, ergo cannot be considered a true candidate for the avatar of discipline.

Mutuo (Since I know you'll ask) was really young, but was a moron and followed him around anyways. Hanz didn't even know the munchkin was following him because Mutuo got lost so early on. KD, fortunately or unfortunately, found him and helped him out along the way.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Does everyone know the location of the monastery?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Thu May 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:in a valley at the center of the stonewall mountain range.
/gigglestohimself

Sorry Loki, couldn't resist.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”