Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:49 am

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Since Glasse can bend light to make his allies invisible or even himself, is it possible that he could direct light onto light sensitive paper to create images or even bend light in certain places to cause it to reflect in the shape of an object(Creating Mirror Images)?
Of course, although the light cannot take tangible form, just appear to.
Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Where do the Khamsin live? Under the sand? I think one time it brought up when you guys were talking about Glyphe, Stille, Kassar. I was just wondering.
The Khamsini live under the desert of exile in a bee hive-like structure constructed of boulders and wet sand. There really isn't a name for it or anything, but that's what it is.
Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Is Maltheron more of a mage? Or a hardcore melee person? Because in ZO he doesn't seem all that weak, it's more like if your stripped of his ability to call down meteors and fire, he could beat the crap out of you with his hands... Another thing... Can Maltheron cause the force of gravity to change around him?
Maltheron has power over his moon. That doesn't give him power over gravity. He can manipulate the pieces of the shattered moon however he pleases, which is why that's how he plays in the game. He also has minor other powers that play into celestial actions, mostly prominences and solar flares and the like. (Hence the fiery styling) He's certainly not a weakling, though, he's actually quite physically sound for a caster type, what with his physical form being made of part-molten rock and so forth.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:27 am

Can you enlighten me about the events that occured in Myriad's tomb, or direct me to a place that can inform me, please.
Revenge of the thorny bum!

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 am

Sounds like Maltheron got +cool for being partly made of molten rock.

Thank you for the answers duskor... I've also got something special for the fanart forum :O.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Can you enlighten me about the events that occured in Myriad's tomb, or direct me to a place that can inform me, please.
There's probably a post in the forums, but here's the basic gist of it.

Janise is guarding Myriad's Tomb to stop the bane from "reviving" Myriad. Legion, Grayl, and the handful of ancients siege Myriad's Tomb. Janise holds the Bane back in a bottleneck, killing thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands until she meets Legion then dies to him. Grayl resurrects her and Myriad is revived.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Hundreds of thousands is a big number. She certainly kills 4 digits worth, though.

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 pm

What about tens of thousands?
May God have mercy on your soul, for you shall find none here!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 pm

The bane didn't even send 5 digits worth of soldiers to the tomb. :p

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:51 pm

The more I read your stories, the more I find them fascinating. The way you write is simply pure genious, albeit a bit too complicated and metaphorical at times, as well as confusing. Here, there's something I found that piqué my curiosity and it's a bit what I meant by what I formally said here, it's about Meridia. First time I read it, it kind of gave me a migrane x_x only because it's so vague and I didn't find it satisfying enough lol.
Lore

884; The Bane Wars

884 AE (After Exodus)

The Black Dragon's energy wreathed around the hundreds in attendance to His majesty. She kneeled at the right hand of the dark messenger, Herald of the Dragon. On the messenger's left was Qurahtas, a being so abhorrent that its enemies would rather kill themselves than face it.

His presence humbled those before it. Within the facets of His shimmering, crystal shards lied stories that extended to a time before time, a world infinitely removed from what now lay before them. He had lived, died, created, destroyed, and witnessed the birth and extinction of a million races. He did not look at you... He gazed through you. He knew without being told and saw without any eyes.

He appeared to twitch, His thousands of fragments fading out of existence and reappearing where reality itself forbade them. It was settled. The left and the right hands of the Centerhead of the Dragon arose in mute acknowledgement to the task given unto them.
I took it from the wiki. Do you mind sharing her story with me and us my dear? One day I hope I can write something as rich as you. Soon, I will. For now, I need to work on myself.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:42 pm

She is the right hand of Zivyral. Since Zivy can't move into the anti-void, he sent Meridia and Qurahtas instead.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:19 am

Wrong, Qurahtas never left the Void Dragon's side. Only Meridia (as far as you need to know) went into the Antivoid. So long as the Lictor is by his side, no one will dare face Zivyral on his own terms.

Medivh. wrote:Here, there's something I found that piqué my curiosity and it's a bit what I meant by what I formally said here, it's about Meridia. First time I read it, it kind of gave me a migrane x_x only because it's so vague and I didn't find it satisfying enough lol.
Yes, actually, that's kind of the point. The whole "story" in this case exists merely to describe His magnificence in all of its glory. I am intentionally very vague about the Cult of the Dragon because it's a very secretive society and its history has no direct relevance upon the war in the Antivoid. Meridia is merely doing her part to spread His Word before His Gaze, behind His Voice, beside His Left Hand, for His Glory, and in His Name.

Yes, the capitalization is crucial.

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:53 am

I know it is important :p Well at least I don't have to give myself a seizure trying to understand what the fux is going on O_o

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Tell me comrade, what color is the Dragon?
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:41 pm

He is all colors. Every color of the visible spectrum shimmers in and out of existence in the reflections of his crystalline form. If you wanted a 'base' color, it would be a black with purple and green sheen like the colors in a pool of oil.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 am

So Crimson, ever Crimson...no matter what the eye may see.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”