Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by TargetPractice » Sun May 18, 2008 11:25 am

Soul_Reaver wrote:So that's why the Banites leave corpses, it's clear now. :D
Caliga leaves behind a corpse...and he's a voidwalker

I'm amazed at all these questions, cause a number of them are ones that were already asked on the old VZ forums, I woulda expected you guys to remember dis stuff

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sun May 18, 2008 11:29 am

VZManticoran wrote:If Exuro absorbed its opposite, would he lose the nuke aspect to his powers?
If I get it right, he would eventually become perfect at it.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 18, 2008 11:53 am

Manty, I already answered that question in this thread.. He would become perfect. As in, he could cease the universe from being in any way he wanted. That means he could simply kill those he wanted in a heartbeat and leave the rest. As it stands, right now, he can only obliterate everything without discretion, but if he took a hold of Creation.. :)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 pm

If the Dahaka, who is the only perfect being known to us at the moment (to my knowledge) were to be, lets say caught in some sort of minor local cataclysm and rent asunder into two halves, would he then, by my understanding not only grow weaker, be forced to withdraw from the Order because now there is a balance in his power? (Voidwalker of time, Antivoidwalker of time)

On the same note, what keeps Mr. world stopper from simply going back in time and keeping Azzr from dying or giving vital information such as the location of the rip? Example: so that when Caliga pops out 98% of the Orders forces are right there and Kree just lobbed Armageddon out.

What keeps him from sending people to his pocket dimension and absolutely obliterating them because they never existed?
OR displace something so like a base falls out of the sky on Anicks head?
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 18, 2008 12:42 pm

He could do all that, but one critical component keeps it all from happening; the balance. A pure elemental exists for one reason, to uphold the balance in whatever way he can. In that same light, he retains the part of him that makes him not want to involve himself directly in the machinations of fate (antivoidwalker-ish), but he also has a part of him that forces him to take direct action (voidwalker-ish). And remember that he controls time, but he does not abuse it, lest he himself become a threat to the very thing he seeks to guard so intently. He will never go back in time or go forward in time on a mass-scale, particularly because he has the greatest affinity to the timeline and if he abused it, it would tear it asunder far quicker than anything the Bane or Order could possibly do to it.

And the Order knew of the location of the 'rip', it was where Azzr and KD fought. However, no one except Exuro himself even knew that Azzr's death would tear open a rip, so it was a bit difficult for any of them to be ready for such an apocalyptic event. They were all cheering good ole' Kisrug Dins on, hoping that his actions would end the Bane presence in the Antivoid once and for all. *Snicker*
Kaome Sky Deathand wrote:What keeps him from sending people to his pocket dimension and absolutely obliterating them because they never existed? OR displace something so like a base falls out of the sky on Anicks head?
He can't move people or objects like that. He is only in control of time, not movement, so he can't move a base or something, that is beyond his powers. And he can only take pure elementals to his pocket dimension; if the taint of any being short of perfection entered it, it would corrode and rend the timeline asunder gradually if not instantly. That basically means he can take nothing we know of into his dimension without turning them into the harbinger of the end of time itself.
Kaome Sky Deathand wrote:If the Dahaka, who is the only perfect being known to us at the moment (to my knowledge) were to be, lets say caught in some sort of minor local cataclysm and rent asunder into two halves, would he then, by my understanding not only grow weaker, be forced to withdraw from the Order because now there is a balance in his power? (Voidwalker of time, Antivoidwalker of time)
I chose to answer this one last because it's a very epic topic. You need to realize that it took the power of a supernova and a collapsing black hole to rip the pure elementals apart in the first place. If you could by some means channel the power of a supernova into a local event, you could indeed rip him apart. Although more likely with such a localized event it would totally kill the Dahaka outright, he could potentially be ripped in twine. Many factors need to be considered in the original cataclysm, particularly that the world itself was ripped in two, leaving a gigantic gravitational hole that helped suck the elementals apart. In this case, you'd need to replicate all of these events on a minor scale to create such a rip.. And this would probably require more planning than the very invasion of the Antivoid had. (Don't want to accidentally lose control of a supernova's power...)

However, assuming that it were to happen, it would be likely that you would never hear from the Dahaka ever again. The two selves would be too busy fighting themselves, and more than likely the voidwalker side would win because of his disregard for the care of the timeline. Let's just say that if the timeline cracked, every event that's ever happened for either the Bane or the Order would be for naught, as the very fabric of existence itself would be obliterated at the seams. It would basically be a pocket war living alongside the Antivoid invasion, an endless war that if ever won would change the very reality of the world I've created.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sun May 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Holy shit.
----
What are the regions of the Antivoid and what are their "counterparts" in the Void? (Like the Ashen Wastes - Desert of Exile)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Every natural feature has a counterpart, the list is practically endless.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by TargetPractice » Mon May 19, 2008 12:00 am

(Don't want to accidentally lose control of a supernova's power...)
Lmao

This is freakin amazingly epic, and this is gonna be a book...Oh man...I would kill for a book with this much epicness packed into it

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 am

So basically, antivoidwalker is the non-aggressive side of an elemental. And the voidwalker is the aggressive side of an elemenal?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Not quite 'non-aggressive' at all (ie. War), but certainly more reserved and naive. The voidwalker is more a rage-filled, senseless monstrosity. There are exceptions to all of the above statements, though. (ie. Vertejaune) Don't try to quantify it too much, it just doesn't work. :p

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Varies for each split elemental then, I suppose.

Ok, now for the next question.

Who is Maltheron? (What he is and stuff. Because I'm too stupid that I didn't get it from the story)

(I'll read your answer later tomorrow, now I gotta go sleep.)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Maltheron is the voidwalker of the dark moon, Vaulis. (Wasn't his story obvious about that?) The moon is shattered and broken in the void, whereas the moon is still complete in the antivoid. Ergo, the antivoidwalker counterpart is still inside of the moon. :p

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by TargetPractice » Mon May 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Maltheron is the voidwalker of the dark moon, Vaulis. (Wasn't his story obvious about that?) The moon is shattered and broken in the void, whereas the moon is still complete in the antivoid. Ergo, the antivoidwalker counterpart is still inside of the moon. :p
so in other words maltheron just wants his moon back?

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon May 19, 2008 6:20 pm

I don't think so, he wouldn't waste it to deal damage and burn for a few seconds if he wanted to reassemble it. I believe he will in the end get to shatter the Anti-Vaulis and consume his other side, but until then, he still has a few DoEs to fight in. (Overnerfed, hopefully.)

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 pm

So if Maltheron managed to break the moon or some lag beam of the gods managed to shatter the moon. Would he use the moon for himself and absorb the antivoidwalker?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”