-rb

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: -rb

Post by Merlin » Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 pm

assassingao wrote:
Fledermaus wrote:What's the difference of this shuffle game mode from just typing the bots shuffle command a few times before you start?
Typing requires some people to be on the red slot.

Which means that someone has to be on the red slot, thus has to play as hallowed order.
He meant using a program, like Virtual Custom Kick or something, that allows the host to do a number of commands in the waiting room.

I don't see a difference, I just like the idea of it being integrated into the map. Makes sense with the "random races" option too. Besides, not everyone has the program or knows about it. I didn't.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu May 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Oh, then I understand.

= ='

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri May 09, 2008 12:28 am

I like the double shuffle idea.

It would eliminate whining and make gameplay more interesting.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Fledermaus wrote:What's the difference of this shuffle game mode from just typing the bots shuffle command a few times before you start?
Uh... Quite obviously the following:
  • You wouldn't know your teams before the game started, you can SEE your teams when you shuffle with the bot.
  • You wouldn't have to use the bot to play shuffled mode. (Duh, dude)
  • It would shuffle colors across teams, whereas the bot doesn't do that.
  • It's integrated into the map, making it more fluid.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sat May 10, 2008 11:28 pm

I am all for shuffled mode, sounds like a fun way to mix things up.

Go go my vote.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun May 11, 2008 4:42 am

Shuffle mode sounds cool :)
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Fledermaus wrote:I meant balancing teams, not fixing the 6v4 gap.
Right, first it shuffles the players using a perfectly unbiased method, then picks the first X for one team and the second X for another. If the game is uneven, it randomly picks X-1 for one team and X for the other, where the team that gets the -1 is randomly chosen. It's perfectly unbiased, -rm is as perfect as it can possibly be implemented where I'm concerned.
I think he is referring to a weighted shuffle. What he wants when you -rm is to have equal or most balanced amount of pros (killers + assist > N x death) and noobs (killers + assist >= N x death).

Double shuffle sounds cool. Still is reminiscent of ToB but not enough to call it plagiarism.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 11, 2008 11:29 am

Deschain wrote:Still is reminiscent of ToB but not enough to call it plagiarism.
Uh.. Apples and oranges, man. What are you talking about? How is shuffling the teams reminiscent of anything? Shit, my iPod can do that.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 am

twink ToB.

Seriously, I'm tired of everybody sucking on ToB's teat, they didn't invent these modes/heroes/spells/howtotakeacrap.

If anything, its simply -sp and -ar from Dota; and if you want to go further, Dusk is right, shuffling was invented YEARS before any of this.

-This is nothing against you Deschain, I'm just tired of everybody and their mother praising a pos map.-

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Mon May 12, 2008 6:02 am

Shut up, that piece of shit map inspired Dusk to start all this.

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Mon May 12, 2008 7:19 am

Merlin wrote:that piece of shit map inspired Dusk to start all this.
And for that the world may be truly thankful
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 12, 2008 10:36 am

ToB was amazing for its time, and it will be amazing again, trust you in me. If I have any say in the matter -- And by the great miracles that I proved my competence in mapmaking to Cassiel (That's a real feat) I do -- it will crush everything you've ever seen in ways you didn't even think WC3 could work. ToB O will be everything you say N isn't, even though people like myself or Fledermaus or Merlin know it already is. You can say what you want, but everyone here with any sense knows better. Tides of Blood was the beginning of the way we play AoS maps today, it's the reason you all have anything to play other than DotA; I say that with utmost confidence.

It is ToB that I respect far more than any other map in my repertoire. And it is a result of that respect that I refuse to just make another ToB in a desert because a bunch of people think RR would be cool or some shit. There are better options, you just have to know where to look. Now chill out, I'll have no map bashing on these forums.

Wufei
Champion Noobite

Post by Wufei » Mon May 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Dusk, when did the makers of ToB ask you to help make O? I was prodding them to ask you for help to make a truly awesome map, even though I didn't know it was O. You can check my forum profile on there (same as on here) and find that they still are bashing you and shit :P

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon May 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Wufei wrote:Dusk, when did the makers of ToB ask you to help make O? I was prodding them to ask you for help to make a truly awesome map, even though I didn't know it was O. You can check my forum profile on there (same as on here) and find that they still are bashing you and shit :P
That's exactly why I'm tired of ToB, its old and ToB people still bash on maps that are better.

They made a great map, but due to their lackluster update schedule...hell at this point I consider Dota, Eota, Hosk, DoE, Aotz and Aom better than ToB; especially Hosk and DoE. Basically any of the other polished AoS maps out there.

Regardless, I sure hope you can change my opinion of ToB Dusk.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 12, 2008 12:47 pm

So you hate ToB because of the community, yet you somehow find DotA to be better than it when its community is far worse. I would call you biased since the very logic you're using to support your claims applies to the first map in your list of betters. Way to go.
Wufei wrote:Dusk, when did the makers of ToB ask you to help make O? I was prodding them to ask you for help to make a truly awesome map, even though I didn't know it was O. You can check my forum profile on there (same as on here) and find that they still are bashing you and shit
Within the past month, and they've actually started being a lot nicer to me since then. Gee, I wonder why.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”