¡DoE en Español!

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

¡DoE en Español!

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 pm

This is an idea I had while in Spanish class. Why not translate DoE into Spanish so that Spaniards can play it and understand it (As in translate all text from spell information, in-game popups, etc.)? It would expand DoE's playability range to people who speak Spanish but who don't speak English or who can't read English, and new versions would come out when the English version came out.

just me and my thoughts talking...
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: ¡DoE en Español!

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:54 pm

...I can tell you EXACTLY what Dusk will say.

"Do it yourself, and sure."
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Understandably it wouldn't be JUST me. It would take far to long, and I DO have a life outside of school and DoE. Maybe myself and others who know Spanish reasonably well could do it.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:13 pm

How do you propose to spread DoE to spanish-speaking people anyway? All the spanish-speaking people on BNET seem to also speak english, and you do not see any "Spanish only" games for whom to spread this to. I just do not think the audience is large enough to warrant the effort. Also, as assassingao (whatever his name is) showed, DoE could be popular to people who don't speak English, even in its current version, as can be seen through his endeavors in Thai (i believe).

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:43 am

Yes, it's Thai.
Unless DoE gets to some monolithic state where 50% of the Bnet populace plays it and you can find a DoE game on every realm in 2 minutes of looking, I won't be extending it to any different languages personally. How do you even justify such an endeavor? I mean, do you even think it's worth it? If so, why? If not, why suggest it at all?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Thu May 01, 2008 6:03 am

Get on a private Spanish WC3 server and translate everything on their forums.
That's what we do with http://www.thaicybergames.com.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”