Only One Lane ...

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Only One Lane ...

Post by Final_Pantheon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:17 am

Is there any way to have a command (ugh, too DotA-ish) or option at the start of the map so that you can choose to have 1/2/3/4 lanes? It would just make 2v2 games alot more achievable and fun.

Recently, I tried getting a 3v3 game and having everyone stay in the bottom lane and ban spawns in any lane but the bottom. It was great fun; utter carnage. Protecting your hires was essential, as you only got a low amount of gold. It was a very fast paced game, and would have been even more fun if my ally hadn't decided to whisper "I summoned top, let's see them stop this!"

Hilarious ...

I do recall seeing this idea in a previous map I played, but I can't remember what one it was. And they didn't black out the other lanes, they simply disabled the spawns, which would be alot simpler I suppose ...

So I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that you can choose to have a certain amount of lanes? If it's possible to ... "black out" all lanes but the bottom one - bottom two, etc. I know this problem can be easily remedied by playing with people who aren't asses, but their hard to come by this day.

We live in the MTV ... and the DotA generation, sadly.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Only One Lane ...

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:25 am

Refer to this topic.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Only One Lane ...

Post by Final_Pantheon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 am

Can you delete this please Dusk?