Meridia, v1.09

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: Meridia, v1.09

Post by assassingao » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Phox wrote:Is Meridia a banite?
I don't think so, her skin wasn't slate, but it was plain Gray. No blu-ish anything.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:07 pm

She is a baneite...

I mean, okay, here's an example. There's a guy with white skin and a guy with black skin. However, both of them are humans, right? Just because one has black skin and one has white skin, does it make either of them less of a human? Of course not. The same exact things apply to baneites, the shades of skintone can go from gray to light blue and so forth. I mean, Vela and Rikter don't have the same skintone either.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:10 pm

I want to see what happens when somebody decides to get in melee range of those maces.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Probably he will be kicked in the ass by a flurry of arrows as normally, but at melee range. :D

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:She is a baneite...

I mean, okay, here's an example. There's a guy with white skin and a guy with black skin. However, both of them are humans, right? Just because one has black skin and one has white skin, does it make either of them less of a human? Of course not. The same exact things apply to baneites, the shades of skintone can go from gray to light blue and so forth. I mean, Vela and Rikter don't have the same skintone either.
I never even noticed that.

:P

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:38 pm

Out of curiosity, will her projectile resemble the arrows in her quiver? I know that would require an extra model (I think), but just wondering.

Then again, you probably couldn't tell the difference in-game regardlessly.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

AR made a projectile for her arrow, but honestly you can't even tell in-game, so I just removed it and saved 5kb.

THE_END
Noobite Warrior

Post by THE_END » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:43 am

Uhm, hi my name's AR and I KICK ASS AT SKINNING 24/7

Great work here AR, can't wait to see what you make up for the contest at Campaigns ;)
For the Legion

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 am

Gj AR :)
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:36 pm

I just think of a typical baneite looking somewhat like this:

http://privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/ga ... _unit.html
or this
http://privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/ga ... eview.html
or maybe this
http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMACHIN ... ture&id=25

...essentially something undead, but with all their flesh, and managing to look awesome.

THE_END
Noobite Warrior

Post by THE_END » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 am

And that is why you don't make Wc3 Games
because they would be very unoriginal if they were all based on Warhammer mainly

Papa Dagon
Noobite Warrior

Post by Papa Dagon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Sorry to nitpick, but that's actually Warmachine. While it is a miniatures game, the world they've created is pretty different from the one that Games Workshop has. And seriously, you can't tell me that a war game that's centered around giant steam powered death machines isn't cool

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:56 pm

What it is or not doesn't mean anything. All a baneite is is a blue-gray skintoned human, I'm 100% positive someone in the history of the fantasy universe has thought of that too. I personally don't envision baneites the way those guys are done, there's too much mechanical stuff involved. They're also too undead looking for the Bane.

I'd have to draw it in order for it to really be clear, what they should look like makes perfect sense to me.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm

I was trying to share something that I thought would be interesting for forum-goers to look at what other artists think bane-like people should look like.

Although I agree, for this map those models are a bit too undead-like; and well...the name of the game is the reason for the mechanical parts. ;)

*edit* Although Goreshade the Bastard in the third link is far less undead than the others, excepting the mechanical parts, he could easily be your typical bane-ite, and hell theres a female baneite behind him as another reference.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:23 pm

Although Goreshade the Bastard in the third link is far less undead than the others, excepting the mechanical parts, he could easily be your typical bane-ite, and hell theres a female baneite behind him as another reference.
The chick isn't bad, her eyes are a bit blackened, but the guy's face is way too twisted and scratchy. I don't know, I guess if you fixed the faces they could work -- But then again so could most people that were blue. :p

Return to “Updates & Discussion”